Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 1193 [1194] 1195 1196 1197 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8971523 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #17895 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:14:09 »

It's great to see Power doing so well.

No fucker wanted him here to start with.. Love how he's doing.

Don't forget we'll need to pay to replace whatever Aaron Moody destroyed whilst swinging that thing around too.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Barry Scott

« Reply #17896 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:17:40 »

What is good is the amount of money we're getting for players. Think we've done well getting £4mil for Luongo and Gladwin (plus a sell on clause on each). Any money now is going to be "silly money." It's nice having a chairman who knows what he's doing for a change.

Couldn't agree more. I personally felt anything over £1m was great for Luongo. And I'd say anything over £250k is great for Gladwin.

As someone who normally has around 100 players in his team on FM and generates £100m-£250m a season, I love the idea of the whole team being for sale at the right price. And lets be honest, at this level pretty much every team's players are for sale.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17897 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:31:15 »

In my opinion, we shouldn't sell Byrne for less than £750,000 maybe more, if Smith is worth £600,000 Byrne is a better player. Kasim is worth a million at least if Luongo went for double that.

byrne is also a better player than gladwin imo

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Wessex Warrior

« Reply #17898 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:33:58 »

I'm a bit sceptical about some of these figures…

Why are there still £3-4 million of debts if Black sold the club debt free?

Why is the playing budget as low as £1.4m? Under Di Canio it was £4.8m, and this led to losses of £200,000 a month (or even lower at £100,000/month was reported). So break-even should be nearer to £2.4m surely, not £1.4m?

Then there's the money for Louis T.

Sounds like the transfer money (fees undisclosed of course) is not going to be reinvested, but headed somewhere else instead.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17899 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:38:24 »

Power's quotes directly blame Jed. Which is not exactly beyond the realms of believability.

Why is the playing budget as low as £1.4m? Under Di Canio it was £4.8m, and this led to losses of £200,000 a month (or even lower at £100,000/month was reported). So break-even should be nearer to £2.4m surely, not £1.4m?

I think our budget is £1.8m, no? Additionally crowd numbers have fallen since PDC left, and we had some decent cup runs that year.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #17900 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:42:36 »

Then there's the money for Louis T.

Sounds like the transfer money (fees undisclosed of course) is not going to be reinvested, but headed somewhere else instead.
I can understand where you are coming from with this but this is what I have heard.

£3-4 million in debts are owed to Andrew Black upon the future sale of the club for a profit, so that debt will not go away until paid by Power. This is part of the non disclosure agreement that has been mentioned many times.

The playing budget was lowered to make us not lose the £2.4m per year we were losing and to get us back in the black with wages giving us a little more (circa £800k) free to pay for an expensive ownership court case vs Jed.

The money for Louis was spent partly on transfer fees such as £200k to Spurs for Obika and again part going towards the court case costs. You can almost guarantee that Jed did not give money for Luongo/Byrne up front but in installments since paid for by Power.

The money going elsewhere.....yes that could be true but I doubt there is vast amounts going elsewhere if you believe what Power has said in interviews previously.

The other thing is that a lot of transfer fees are not a massive amount of "up front" money but are based on installments and bonuses based on appearances etc which is not made public but has to be taken into account in the fee amount.

Well thats how I interpret it anyway, I could well be wide of the mark.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:45:03 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wessex Warrior

« Reply #17901 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:51:41 »

Yes, I know about the debenture owed to Black, but it is upon profitable sale of the club, and as far as we're aware, Power hasn't sold the club yet (and if it's not sold for a profit then the debt isn't payable?)

With the court case costs, as Jed lost and Power won, why has Power not recovered all costs from Jed? I don't get this bit.

If Jed was taking money out of the club illegally, why has Power or any other officer of the club not gone after him? There are meant to be rules in place on company directors and the decisions they take for the business.

Understand about cash-flow and phased payment of transfer fees, but this would also apply on the other side of the coin for players we sign.

I'm still sceptical, but there's not much can be done about it if Power is taking the money, he is the owner.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17902 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:53:06 »

Well, for a start, suing someone is only really worthwhile if they have assets to cover the value of the potential case...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #17903 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:57:52 »

They have gone after Jed i thought. The pikey twat.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #17904 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 17:04:34 »

If Power is taking the million plus he put into the club, to keep it afloat, what's the problem? He is a businessman and he's running the club as a business, not a rich man's fucking toy. I've got no issue with him taking his cut (if indeed he is) he's earned it.

It's All Good..............
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #17905 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 17:26:53 »

If Power is taking the million plus he put into the club, to keep it afloat, what's the problem? He is a businessman and he's running the club as a business, not a rich man's fucking toy. I've got no issue with him taking his cut (if indeed he is) he's earned it.

This

If he wants the 2/3 million he put in to cover costs then so be it.
Be nice to be debt free AND sustainable
In fact given recent history be bloody amazing
Wessex Warrior

« Reply #17906 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 17:39:15 »

The fact is no-one really knows what truth there is behind any of these figures that are banded about casually - what has been put in, what loans have been made, and what has already been taken out. Anyone seen any accounts recently?

I guess it's why a lot of supporters trusts want to run their football clubs. Break-even means break-even and no-one taking any money out, hence more chance of success on the playing side.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #17907 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 17:43:05 »

I'll third it. I also find it amazing when figures are mentioned nobody considers the costs of staff wages bar the players, tax, rent etc. That 4 million in, doesn't mean we can spend 4 million, doesn't work like that outside FM.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #17908 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 17:51:06 »

Exactly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wessex Warrior

« Reply #17909 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 17:52:49 »

The club's supposedly already sustainable on current income, and that includes admin staff salaries and costs as well as playing budget. Transfer fees are now a surplus, or should be if what the club (Shah) has said is true.

Anyway, if everyone's happy that these windfalls are not reinvested, who am I to complain?
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 1193 [1194] 1195 1196 1197 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: