Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Douglas Jardine  (Read 3212 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 29, 2005, 07:03:24 »

With the Ashes approaching i've been reading up on the greatest ever England captain.This is a quote from the book Douglas Jardine:Spartan cricketer by Chris Douglas,and is from a book Jardine wrote in 1936 called Cricket:how to succeed.

"As soon as you get up,better still, as soon as you wake up,brush your teeth and wash your mouth out thoroughly,and then blow your nose twice.
Now strip,take a rough towel and rub yourself all over for half a minute.You will find the skin begins to tingle pleasantly all over.
Slip on yor shirt and pants and standing with your heels together,cicrle your arms from back to front..."

ah the joys of a private school education.

[/b]

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 29, 2005, 09:20:42 »

That my morning routine Tongue

/
W56196272
Piemonte

« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 29, 2005, 09:24:56 »

Quote from: "larwood"
With the Ashes approaching i've been reading up on the greatest ever England captain.This is a quote from the book Douglas Jardine:Spartan cricketer by Chris Douglas,and is from a book Jardine wrote in 1936 called Cricket:how to succeed.

"As soon as you get up,better still, as soon as you wake up,brush your teeth and wash your mouth out thoroughly,and then blow your nose twice.
Now strip,take a rough towel and rub yourself all over for half a minute.You will find the skin begins to tingle pleasantly all over.
Slip on yor shirt and pants and standing with your heels together,cicrle your arms from back to front....... bend over and wait for sir to penetrate"

ah the joys of a private school education.

[/b]

Cheesy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 2, 2005, 10:35:21 »

:Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 2, 2005, 18:07:19 »

Douglas Jardine was indeed a great captain who knew exactly how to deal with upstart colonists and natives alike being a scion of the trading Jardine family of Jardine Matheson fame.

For those not in the know....Jardine Matheson were major players in the Victorian imperialist attempts to open  the Chinese market for the purposes of trading tea...in return the Chinese got vast quantities of raw opium  grown in British India....when the Chinese complained about the effect this was having on its population, Palmerston quite rightly sent gunboats up the Yangtse to bombard Chinese coastal cities, precipitating the first Opium War.

Forcing them to cede Hong Kong as a trading entrepot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: