Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thunderstorms  (Read 1089 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 21:31:15 »

It's a Clubber Lang Storm. My prediction: Pain.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 21:35:52 »

Quote from: "DV"

Once I was out playing football, it was weird we could see the storm coming at us. We were at one end of the field it was fine....then the other end you could hear the pain pouring down on the houses....you could hear it moving up the field towards us....was really bizzare.

Had a similar experience during a PE lesson once. Could see the rain making its way across the field towards us and my teacher, who was far from soft, sent everybody inside to avoid it. Unfortunately we had to run into the rain to get to the changing rooms!
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 07:38:39 »

Thunderstorms on land are fine with me. Thunderstorms at sea are a different kettle of fish - strong winds, crap visibility and the horrible chance of lightening striking the mast and frying every piece of electrical kit on the boat.  You can always try and get near another boat with a taller mast and hope they get it Cheesy
dell boy

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 08:05:35 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
The best thunderstorm I've seen is when I lived in Cyprus. Seeing the lightening reflection in the sea is immense. So warm yet pissing down.

Three years ago in Rhodes I was sitting on my balcony drinking wine and watching a fantastic thunderstorm out at sea, it went on for about two hours, it was ace, then about 11pm it finally hit the island and immediately scored a direct hit on a power station nearby, the blast (maybe shock of the noise) knocked me straight off my seat and threw me through the balcony doors. No electricity for the rest of the night and the island in total darkness with this ragging storm overhead was flipping scary.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: