Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pook, Vincent, Comminges & Smith  (Read 9642 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, April 25, 2008, 17:20:56 »

Quote from: "axs"
I always sang it with air.
You probably sang it right
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, April 25, 2008, 17:24:20 »

air helps to sing.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 09:33:31 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.2313418.0.dont_write_me_off_pook.php

Pooky thinks he might stay after all.

Anyone get the idea the interest from other clubs wasn't exactly flooding in.

I wouldn't mind seeing him stay, its good to have some youth academy guys but Allen has got to be ahead of him on performances.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 09:41:30 »

Unless he's suddenly lost his shit-ness, then no thanks.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 09:49:22 »

hahaha samdy, good point, i agree!!!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 09:52:45 »

"I am not going to sign just to sit in the reserves, if I sign I will fight to play regularly.

If the manager has said to him that he should find another club, then sitting in the reserves is quite likely.  If he's not going to play then there is no point in us keeping him, and there is no point in Pook himself staying.

But if there are no other options I guess staying and trying to get out on loan somewhere is preferable to him than a career at Supermarine. Which ties up some of our wage budget. Which is bad.

I am the master of the obvious.
fatbury

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 09:54:42 »

GET IN!!!

Go on the Rock .. lets have another season - he always ends up playing!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 10:14:45 »

shut up fatters, for fucks sake. and please remove that heffer from your avatar. thanks.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 11:24:33 »

I don't mind too much if Pook stays, we need some sort of back up in the middle and if he's really short of first team football he might put in some good performances given the opportunity. There were a few games last year where he looked decent, he just never seems to produce often enough.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 11:45:17 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "Si Pie"
Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Pook

I fucking hope his negotiations are "realistic"

not like last seasons debacle

You mean:

Pook: Can I have a new contract Mr Malpas?

Malpas: No

Pook: Ok then, see you around

No.................

MP :  I'm ace me

MM : Your'e not all that son

MP :  I'm worth at least 4K aweek cos I'm ace me

MM : Fuck off son

MP : OK, ill soon get meeself another club cos I'm ace me

6 WEEKS LATER

Knock on the Managers door

MM : Come in !

MP : Ermmm, could I have a word Boss ?

2 days off being completly correct!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 12:06:09 »

he did ok when he played last season imo.and it doesn't say he's staying either.
i think he deserves credit for trying to move on with his career.but if he stays then so be it.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 12:17:30 »

Quote from: "arriba"
he did ok when he played last season imo.and it doesn't say he's staying either.
i think he deserves credit for trying to move on with his career.but if he stays then so be it.

He's not tried to move on hes sat back and wait for all the offers to flood in and as expected not one person has shown an interest so he will have to come back here, whoever brought in those stupid contracts that trigger an extra year after a certain amount of appearances deserve hanging.  If he comes back then pay his contract up, he is not good enough.

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 12:27:49 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"

He's not tried to move on hes sat back and wait for all the offers to flood in and as expected not one person has shown an interest so he will have to come back here, whoever brought in those stupid contracts that trigger an extra year after a certain amount of appearances deserve hanging.  If he comes back then pay his contract up, he is not good enough.

well the article says otherwise.as does earlier interviews pook gave.
he has a contract that would have been agreed pre last season.how on earth would he have known what would happen?
whether he is good enough or not is irrelivant.but i think you are more or less basing your opinion on it
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 12:47:39 »

I disagree for some players it is worthwhile, i.e. you get a young un-proven youngster that you don't think will play much but may have a bit of potential, so you give him a deal and in that deal it includes the clause that if he plays x games he will get another year - the player goes on to play the whole season with premiership clubs sniffing around but as there is the clause of another year in his contract that option is taken up thus he can't move on a freebie - I know it is hyperthetical but there are times where those sort of clauses work.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 12:51:17 »

Quote from: "Power to people"

I disagree for some players it is worthwhile, i.e. you get a young un-proven youngster that you don't think will play much but may have a bit of potential, so you give him a deal and in that deal it includes the clause that if he plays x games he will get another year - the player goes on to play the whole season with premiership clubs sniffing around but as there is the clause of another year in his contract that option is taken up thus he can't move on a freebie - I know it is hyperthetical but there are times where those sort of clauses work.

Either that or you get lumbered with players who are not good enough year after year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: