Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barcelona vs Man Utd  (Read 11503 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 14:38:21 »

Quote from: "adje"
i 've got a feeling Rio"the ball-watcher" will be tied up in knots tonight

One of the best centre backs in the premiership this season IMO.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 14:40:29 »

Quote from: "Dachauer"
It makes me laugh they keep saying on Sky that Barcelona are a 'big team' - yet you look at how many times they have won the Champions League and it is half as many as Bayern. And look how much Barcelona have spent over the years.

Bayern have won it once in 30 years get over it.  When any neutral in the world compares those two teams they would assume due to fan base, league there competing in and standard of players that Barcelona are a much bigger team.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 16:26:28 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
It makes me laugh they keep saying on Sky that Barcelona are a 'big team' - yet you look at how many times they have won the Champions League and it is half as many as Bayern. And look how much Barcelona have spent over the years.

Bayern have won it once in 30 years get over it.  When any neutral in the world compares those two teams they would assume due to fan base, league there competing in and standard of players that Barcelona are a much bigger team.

Apart from the facts they're in the Champions League whilst Bayern aren't, they have bigger attendances, they play in a better league and they have better players, I'd say there's very little difference.

Cheesy
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 16:30:18 »

I like watching Man Utd, play lovelly football.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 16:47:45 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
I like watching Man Utd, play lovelly football.

plastic
 Cheesy
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 17:05:27 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "stfctownenda"

Apart from the facts they're in the Champions League whilst Bayern aren't, they have bigger attendances, they play in a better league and they have better players, I'd say there's very little difference.

Cheesy

I've never really understood why the the Bundesliga isn't better than it is.  Serves a population of 80+ million people, highly successful national side.  And only one club side that can realistically claim to compete with the best in Europe (in a good year).
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 17:13:37 »

I think Utd will struggle,the last 4-5 games they seem to have scraped by in games
lebowski

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 18:36:49 »

United's away record in Europe over the past 3 years or so is generally quite poor too.

I hope Barcelona win, the clubs couldn't be any more different, one is owned by it's fans, the other is owned by someone who hadn't even heard of it until 5 years ago.

I also want Chelsea to win because I like Avram Grant.   Cool
Scot Munroe

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 18:50:39 »

Ronaldo has already missed a penalty. Hehe.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 18:53:24 »

haha penatly in 2nd minute, and he missed, soapy tit wank.

he's missed his last few pens hasnt he.
lebowski

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 19:15:18 »

Just realised that Andy Gray is commentating.

Off goes the volume.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 20:53:12 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
Bet it wont. Man utd will try and play their "keep it tight" game, like at AC meelan last season. And it wont work again.

Almost a good piece of punditry Dave....Barca are a shadow of the side of 2 seasons ago or even last season.  Think Rijkaard will be off to Chelsea for next season.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 20:55:45 »

Is that how it turned out. For the brief period i listened on the radio it sounded like man u were on the back foot. And mr "never bottles it in big important games" missed a penalty.

Things get better but they never get good
Scot Munroe

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 21:16:06 »

what did Gabi Millito need to do to get booked, kill anyone. That ref was shocking.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 09:57:57 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
Is that how it turned out. For the brief period i listened on the radio it sounded like man u were on the back foot. And mr "never bottles it in big important games" missed a penalty.

:shake: For those also that says Ronaldo never turns up for the big games please note he scored in the Roma away leg and Arsenal and Liverpool league games showing that yes he can perform in the more pressure games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: