Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Pork Tail Official (Certified) Matchday Thread  (Read 14198 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 18:02:47 »

First half was a mix of us playing great football and Vale's defence having huge holes to exploit every time we got forward. Great entertainment what with Peacock's overhead effort and McNamee's outrageous attempt to lob the defender and score with the volley!

Second half was a bit dull but I suppose it was only to be expected. Thought Joycehad ruined his chance when he missed that first attempt but fair play to him for tucking the second one away neatly!

Jack Smith seemed to havea good game down the right, and it's hard to find fault in the midfield - they all did pretty well. Cox looked desperate for a goal after half time and I think MM did the right thing dragging him off as he was getting greedy. MOTM had to be McNamee.

Decent size crowd for a nothing game although I had hoped we might get 8000 or so. Rubbish atmosphere but the players didn't need any encouragment and after half an hour a goal at either was always going to be pretty meaningless, so no surprise.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 18:32:59 »

where the fuck were all those bubbles coming from in the Kingswood stand?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 18:35:47 »

Quote from: "arriba"
macnamee is a class act, but teams will suss him and double up on him next season.

Which is something that we should be excited about, because if the right players are bought in, and opposition defences are doubling up on wee Tony then it will leave gaps for others to exploit.

Having never seem him play it is clear that other teams are scared shiteless of the lad. With Macca to deal with along with a half decent right winger and a creative midfielder other managers would be thinking "How the fuck do I deal with this then"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 18:35:50 »

Quote from: "Arnold.J.Rimmer"
where the fuck were all those bubbles coming from in the Kingswood stand?

No idea mate, saw them floating across in front of the Town End towards the end of the game
flammableBen

« Reply #79 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 18:39:10 »

Definitely made the right choice to watch the snooker instead of listening to the game then?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 18:42:59 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Definitely made the right choice to watch the snooker instead of listening to the game then?

I played FM 2008 throughout the first half.

Hey ho.
flammableBen

« Reply #81 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 18:47:02 »

I never thought that us winning 6-0 would put me in such a bad mood. I'm not really bothered about not listening to it. Some of the snooker was top. But the thought of other people out having fun and celebrating whilst I'm sat at home.... err.. doesn't really bother me either. I think it's just because I haven't drank or smoked since Thursday. Yeah probably that.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 19:02:09 »

their left back was the worst player i've seen in agess. And it was their keepers debut too i think!

Things get better but they never get good
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #83 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 19:13:44 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
And it was their keepers debut too i think!

Ouch, gotta feel for the lad.
Minnesota Fats

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 19:19:13 »

Anybody hear anything about the post-match fracas just off County Road?

I blame Diamandis insurgents..... or maybe it was few Vale lads who fancied themselves?

Roland The Thompson Gunner
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 19:58:38 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
And it was their keepers debut too i think!

Ouch, gotta feel for the lad.
He was 17!!  He won't forget that game in a hurry.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 20:03:06 »

They were so so bad

Fair play to the Vale fans for singing through.

Except the racists :x

here's the man himself when you need him?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 20:21:50 »

their left back was the worst player i've seen in agess. And it was their keepers debut too i think!

I don't know, the guy who took out McGovern, played had tennis with himself in his own area and (I think) laid it to us on a plate for one of the first half goals was pretty shocking!!

Gotta feel for their keeper, atleast he ha a bit of a laugh with the Town End and to be honest I wouldn't say he did  much wrong, he was just left rather exposed by his defence!!! Had it gone in when Cox(?) blocked his kick it would have made it even worse for him!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 20:23:47 »

haha was that the center back who headed it out for a throw in when their was no town player within a good 10 yards. Half of there players just looked amateur tbh

Things get better but they never get good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, April 19, 2008, 20:26:58 »

haha was that the center back who headed it out for a throw in when their was no town player within a good 10 yards. Half of there players just looked amateur tbh

Can't remember that...He was playing either right back or right wing. That challenge on JPM was ridiculous, he might have even won the ball had he just kept running!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: