Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: McGovern on thisis site  (Read 4757 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 13, 2008, 09:07:43 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Did Reg just use some text speak?  Shocked

Not so much text speak more just being lazy....having been on the lash for the two previous nights, I feel entitled to a lack of rigour.
Spencer_White

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 13, 2008, 15:51:49 »

Call me fickle if you want I couldnt give a shit. Here we go.

McGovern is the sort of player I have really wanted to like all season. We paid money for him, he's done well at other clubs. He's a Glaswegian skin head, and usually players from that sort of back ground dont give you any psycological non sense. However his performances are so erratic. Its nothing to do with Sturrock. He did have some really excellent games under Sturrock, but he had some stinkers as well. Some games he hasnt delivered a single decent ball. He then has the cheak to blame every other player for not getting on the end of them (watch him, everytime he does a bad ball its moan at the teammates time).

We do need players who achieve a consistant competant level of performance and McGovern is so erratic its untrue. I dont think we will get back what we paid but any offers should be considered.

I am gutted to write that because almost all our great home performances this season (and there have been a few) have been 4-4-2 with McGovern on the right. When he's good he is utterly devastating. But why is he so erratic? Sometimes you have to cut your losses.

One last thing. I spoke to Peacock and he really doesnt like Andy Cryer. He said he twists things to suit his own story and prints things that should have been off the record, and it might be Cryer causing trouble. But the amount of BULLSHIT written in player interviews in the last few months has been prolific. You cant mug the fans off. A lot of us do actually watch games (funnily enough) and we can see who is taking responsibility and who is lipsinking what we want to hear and not doing anything about it. Some of my favourite players as well. Next season Dont talk about it, just do it please.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, April 13, 2008, 16:39:08 »

He's a Glaswegian skin head, and usually players from that sort of back ground dont give you any psycological non sense.

I always thought JP was the son of John McGovern former Derby and Forest player.

I watched Forest a few times in their heyday and McGovern used to take fearful stick. He was what I'd call a stroller,  had no pace and never did anything too noticeable.

I recall being at teh game when Forest got the title presented in 78.  It ended 0-0 with Brum and teh crowd slaughtered McGovern...the following year he raised the European Cup.   Clough, of course, understood the game, which contrary to their opinion most fans don't.

Having a father who was a player does give you a head start....so I'm not so sure that JP really has the Govan attitude....could be wrong mind.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, April 13, 2008, 17:25:37 »

if the adver is dreaming up stuff then the players should refuse interviews.
they are not obligated to are they?
lebowski

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, April 13, 2008, 17:53:38 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
I love us fickle town fans, each week its a different player, were safe enough who gives a shit

Well said!

Also, why do people think that Comminges would be any good at right wing?

He's a decent right back for us, where he has loads of time on the ball and can over-lap, but that doesn't mean he'd be a good right winger.
DMR

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, April 13, 2008, 18:18:43 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
I love us fickle town fans, each week its a different player, were safe enough who gives a shit

Well said!

Also, why do people think that Comminges would be any good at right wing?

He's a decent right back for us, where he has loads of time on the ball and can over-lap, but that doesn't mean he'd be a good right winger.

The fact that he's a winger by trade might have something to do with it.

JPM really winds me up, I think he's been shit all season and my minor annoyance turned to proper disgust with his comments about Leeds a few months back. The sooner he fucks off the better.
lebowski

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, April 13, 2008, 18:22:57 »

Christian Roberts is a striker by trade.

Shall I go on?
Spencer_White

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, April 13, 2008, 20:00:34 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
He's a Glaswegian skin head, and usually players from that sort of back ground dont give you any psycological non sense.

I always thought JP was the son of John McGovern former Derby and Forest player.

I watched Forest a few times in their heyday and McGovern used to take fearful stick. He was what I'd call a stroller,  had no pace and never did anything too noticeable.

I recall being at teh game when Forest got the title presented in 78.  It ended 0-0 with Brum and teh crowd slaughtered McGovern...the following year he raised the European Cup.   Clough, of course, understood the game, which contrary to their opinion most fans don't.

Having a father who was a player does give you a head start....so I'm not so sure that JP really has the Govan attitude....could be wrong mind.

I know he was on Celtic's books. Thats it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, April 13, 2008, 20:22:45 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"

Martin O'Neil played in the same Forest side as John McGovern.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, April 13, 2008, 22:25:23 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"

Martin O'Neil played in the same Forest side as John McGovern.

i read the damned united and Mcgovern really was his main man- didnt he even sign him for leeds? is he really JPM's dad?

officially blacker than the night.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, April 13, 2008, 22:46:02 »

Clough did sign John McGovern for Leeds....I'm not sure why I think JP is his son, maybe I dreamt it, it does happen.

One thing is for sure he's not the son of Mick McGovern.....probably not a lot  here who remember Mick, but he was shite...a Les Allen signing.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 14, 2008, 09:14:02 »

Tried to search for his fathership, failed, but his website was "interesting" , and might account for a few things!  www.bebo.com/biglooby7

ust be the oldest
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 14, 2008, 09:20:35 »

JPM is "that" McGovern's son, which is why he got through the ranks at Celtic according to people up north.  A little like Lampard at West Ham, if it wasnt for Frank L Sr, Jr would have been shown the door at West Ham at an early age.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 14, 2008, 09:23:31 »

Not the greatest source, but from a MK site

"Jon-Paul McGovern will probably fill a place in the starting line-up, as his five yellow cards show his tigerish attitude that Martin Allen likes.  Similar in build to his Dad John McGovern (of Derby and Forest in the 1970s), he hasn't quite got the same style"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, April 14, 2008, 09:29:18 »

Quote from: "janaage"
as his five yellow cards show his tigerish attitude that Martin Allen likes.

Strangely that is the bit of his game that is missing for us. He has vision and ability, doesn't seem to have the physical attributes needed to run up and down the pitch, coupled with a total lack of 'fight'. Frustrating.

Hope its a confidence/fitness thing that sorts itself out over pre-season.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: