Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Cricket Supporters  (Read 12068 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 21:38:27 »

Do you get along to the 20/20 games Tom? Me and my Dad said we'd try and go to a game of some sort this year, perhaps I'll insist on a Northants game  Cool
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 21:40:37 »

A quick run down of the competitions:

County Championship - 4 days, each team bats twice. 2 divisons of 9. the original and the best domestic competition

Totesport League - 1 day, 45 overs per side. 2 divisons of 9. probably the worst of the competitions

C&G Trophy - 1 day, 50 overs per side. knockout cup. its the one you see us picking up every year. top stuff

Twenty20 Cup - 1 evening, 20 overs per side. 3 groups of 6 -> quarters, semis, final. great fun and it doesnt matter if you lose because its just a laugh (a fucking good laugh at that)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 21:41:31 »

SY I think you should support Derbyshire.....they have the smallest (in terms of membership) support....obviously Gloster have the smallest in terms of stature diue to chronic in breeding (see Boeta's Forest of Dean post)

When there's talk of weeding out the deadwood of English cricket, Derbyshire always gets first mention for the chop from the home counties tossers...apparently Derby in early May is a bit of a wake up call......Queen's Park Chesterfield is ace though,

Oh and Fred Swarbrick used to play for them.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 21:42:38 »

I've been to two Twenty20 games, both in 2003:

First one, Gloucestershire beat Warwickshire at my second favourite ground Edgbaston (behind Cheltenham College). Ian Harvey (being the god that he is) scored the first ever Twenty20 hundred

Second one was the next day, Gloucestershire won again against Glamorgan at Bristol. Craig Spearman smacked 80 and we racked up the highest Twenty20 team score
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 21:44:09 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
SY I think you should support Derbyshire.....they have the smallest (in terms of membership) support....obviously Gloster have the smallest in terms of stature diue to chronic in breeding (see Boeta's Forest of Dean post)

When there's talk of weeding out the deadwood of English cricket, Derbyshire always gets first mention for the chop from the home counties tossers...apparently Derby in early May is a bit of a wake up call......Queen's Park Chesterfield is ace though,

Oh and Fred Swarbrick used to play for them.

Derbyshire are shit. it is beyond belief how bad they are

northants smacked them all over today

bilal shafayat is 156* for northants, this boy is all class and is finally starting to fulfill his potential
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 21:46:44 »

I went to watch Gloucestershire v Somerset in 20/20 last year. Gloucestershire inns was rained off.  :x Luckly thou (as Somerset look likely to lose).

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 21:48:17 »

I watched quite a lot of 20/20 cricket last summer on the TV, it's great fun.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 21:49:14 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Do you get along to the 20/20 games Tom? Me and my Dad said we'd try and go to a game of some sort this year, perhaps I'll insist on a Northants game  Cool

Yeah, if I can, I've been to three.  Two in the first season, one last year.  

The first one I went to had some excellent cricket, and we got absolutely hammered.

It was a good day.

The second, some guy a few rows in front of me got twatted in the head with the ball right at the start, he had too go off for some attention, massive lump it was.  He came back with only a few overs remaining in the match.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 21:57:16 »

safe.

My favourite moment of the 20/20 cup last season was that bloke sat by the edge of the pitch on some garden furniture and caught the ball, he was dead happy! Cool
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 21:58:10 »

Who is Northants best player then?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 21:58:43 »

was that that bloke who ran about 20 metres to catch it?

cos that was classic
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 22:01:59 »

I think so. It was in one of the later rounds and he was with his mates by the side of the field drinking, he dived for it and everything I think.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 22:05:15 »

Not sure really, I'm not up to date this season yet.  I'm sure Boeta could tell us what the squad is like.  My mate is the one that knows everything about them, I just like watching it really.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 22:08:52 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Who is Northants best player then?

Johann Louw (a South African) is class. Very economical bowler (ie. no one can score off him) and a steady bat: http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/PLAYERS/RSA/L/LOUW_J_03017857/

Bilal Shafayat is one of the top talents in English cricket. After dominating u19 cricket he had failed to kick on + was realeased by Nottinghamshire last winter. He's had an excellent start to the season though: http://uk.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/PLAYERS/ENG/S/SHAFAYAT_BM_01010814/
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 22:10:23 »

Nice one. Did Louw play against England earlier this year? I recognise the name.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: