Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Great Ferry Journeys....  (Read 3868 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 17:32:56 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
Bang Pe to Koh Samet.

I done it many times, quite uneventful really but the scenery is postcard material.

I much prefer taking a speedboat though, sitting right at the front and trying to drink whiskey from the bottle is one of the best games ever...... FACT.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I have done the very same journey sat at the front of the speed boat drinking a bottle of sang song.

Tis a great game innit, unfortunately I am often the lone player and so therefore have no competition. I am as yet undecided if success means the most whiskey consumed, or the most whiskey spilt over myself.

Regardless I facking love it and tell the "Captain" to go full throttle when a larger wave is ahead (Yep...I become ignorant to the other passengers).. The boat drivers also seem to take pleasure in watching me hurt myself.. when I fall down.

I am about to send you a PM Mex.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 17:43:01 »

I am quite partial to a fairy journey I have to say.

Caledonian MacBrayne have got some great routes up in Scotland although they are bastardishly expensive due to there being no competition whatsoever. Oban to Mull is a  particular favourite.

Puni (Brunei) to Pandaruan (Malaysia) is rather good as well. It's only a couple of hundred yards but saves a journey of about 20 miles by road. If you live in the Temberong region of Brunei, it's the quickest way of getting to Limbang, which is the first town you get to in Malaysia and is therefore, the nearest source for beer. The Sultan of Brunei pays lip service to being a Muslim country so you can't get alchohol there, although there is no problem drinking it there. They don't give you 100 lashes or 'owt, it's just a question of getting hold of the stuff. Limbang is also, for the above reasons, the place to go out on the piss on a Friday night. Although I have some vague recollection of there being some franctic dash back as the last fairy leaves at about 11.30pm or something.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 17:52:15 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

Caledonian MacBrayne have got some great routes up in Scotland although they are bastardishly expensive due to there being no competition whatsoever. Oban to Mull is a  particular favourite.

The islands off the west coast of Scotland really are stunning. Oban is a fine little place.

Talking of expense, I wanted to take my family from Ilfracombe to  Lundy.

The powers that be make it expensive to deter people from going...think it would have worked outvabout 160 for a day trip.
neville w

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 20:38:34 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

The islands off the west coast of Scotland really are stunning. Oban is a fine little place.

The powers that be make it expensive to deter people from going...think it would have worked outvabout 160 for a day trip.

Would that be on the Oldenburg Reg ?
Dazzza

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 20:46:29 »

Bus ferry across Lake Titicaca Bolivia for the scenery and the sheer lunacy of balancing huge coaches on rickety old wooden rafts.

http://www.meganlyles.com/photos/1118.jpg

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 23:58:10 »

^^^^^^
     :toppost:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, April 11, 2008, 00:19:37 »

Quote from: "neville w"

Don't know Nev....didn't go.

The only Oldenburg I know is the sculptor.

http://www2.skolenettet.no/kunstweb/skulptur/bilder/div_bilder/oldenburg_burger1962.jpg
neville w

« Reply #52 on: Friday, April 11, 2008, 06:32:45 »

Quote from: "neville w"

Don't know Nev....didn't go.

The only Oldenburg I know is the sculptor.

http://www2.skolenettet.no/kunstweb/skulptur/bilder/div_bilder/oldenburg_burger1962.jpg

Surely you must mean Oldenburger ?
flammableBen

« Reply #53 on: Friday, April 11, 2008, 09:38:50 »

This sounds thread sounds like the name of a Sunday afternoon relaxing tv show, probably on BBC2.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, April 11, 2008, 09:49:59 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
This sounds thread sounds like the name of a Sunday afternoon relaxing tv show, probably on BBC2.

Coming up next....Great Railway Journeys on Preserved Lines.

FB could make a sculpture of a giant Death Burger, flog it for shed loads and call himself a conceptual artist.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, April 11, 2008, 10:38:08 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
Bus ferry across Lake Titicaca Bolivia for the scenery and the sheer lunacy of balancing huge coaches on rickety old wooden rafts.

I was on that boat 6 years ago.  Lake Titicaca is one of the most extraordinary places on earth...especially on the Bolivian side.  I'll never forget the sunset over the lake I watched from the rock on the outskirts of Copacabana (just a few miles from where the ferry picture was taken).
Dazzza

« Reply #56 on: Friday, April 11, 2008, 11:22:50 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
Quote from: "Dazzza"

I was on that boat 6 years ago.  Lake Titicaca is one of the most extraordinary places on earth...especially on the Bolivian side.  I'll never forget the sunset over the lake I watched from the rock on the outskirts of Copacabana (just a few miles from where the ferry picture was taken).

Copacabana is a great place.  I stayed there for a week or so and just totally relaxed.

Did you do the road of death into La Paz?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, April 11, 2008, 11:39:23 »

Now I have this going round my head. Thanks.

At the Copa (CO!), Copacabana (Copacabana)
The hottest spot north of Havana (here)
At the Copa (CO!), Copacabana
Music and passion were always the fashion
At the Copa....they fell in love
Dazzza

« Reply #58 on: Friday, April 11, 2008, 11:58:30 »

I've had similar problems with Diamond's Sweet Caroline for weeks Batch.

Hands.....
Reaching out.......

The only way I'm going to rid myself of this curse is going to see him live.

ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, April 11, 2008, 12:02:49 »

Harwich to Esbjerg - nightmare North Sea but lovely hairy minge - mmmmm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: