Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sam Parkin  (Read 22263 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 11:29:23 »

Has been covered a thousand times but.....

with Luton getting relegated and super Sam starting to hit the back of the net again, surely a cheeky bid wouldnt go amiss.

The thought of Cox and Parkin on the end of Macnamee's crosses is fucking lush, and we all know is heart is still firmly set here?
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 11:34:30 »

I think he should quit football and become an actor.

They could remake Barbarella but with Parkin in the lead role. That would be super sexy.
neville w

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 11:38:09 »

I'd agree if we could be sure about his injury having fully healed - The last thing we could afford is Corr mk2.

How many goals would we have scored with Parkin and Mooney as a strike force with McNamee ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 11:38:33 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
Has been covered a thousand times but.....

with Luton getting relegated and super Sam starting to hit the back of the net again, surely a cheeky bid wouldnt go amiss.

The thought of Cox and Parkin on the end of Macnamee's crosses is fucking lush, and we all know is heart is still firmly set here?

I've given this one a bit of thought, and come down on the no side.

When SSP left here it was on a 4 year deal probabaly at least trebling his wages.  When he left Ipswich Luton were doing OK in the CCC, so they must have at least matched his contract, so by my estimate he's a year left, on a fair wedge.

Looking, at him on the box briefly, he's now a very big boy,  of course this could be lack of match fitness,  but we've a couple of expensive crocks for next season in the Chavmeister and Corr.  We can't afford a third.
flammableBen

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 11:38:44 »

In seriousness I normally disagree when this gets suggested, but it does seem like he's hitting some sort of form again. I'm always worried that if we do sign him and the magic's gone then my soul will decay slightly.
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 11:39:02 »

Normally i would've said it's not a good idea, because it could ruin our memories of him, however. Corr should be in a hospital and Parkin, if he returned, would, in all likelihood be better than what we already have. So why not?
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 11:42:18 »

He does look big, but he didn't have a pre season did he?
Worth a go.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 11:59:35 »

He isnt that big - he did have a pre season and he was training mega hard to get his fitness back
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:02:15 »

Yes please.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:02:55 »

Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"
He isnt that big - he did have a pre season and he was training mega hard to get his fitness back

And you should know 'Handy'
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:06:15 »

Oi shut it bitch

I really should have re-read what I wrote before I posted it  Oops
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:12:03 »

I think it might be worth a shot now he has started scoring again. If he's currently on big wages he might be willing to take a pay cut to stay up in League 1, especially if it was with us. Obviously there is always the worry our fond memories of him may be tainted
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:13:14 »

Might even get Malpas in the fans good books aswell.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:20:22 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I think it might be worth a shot now he has started scoring again. If he's currently on big wages he might be willing to take a pay cut to stay up in League 1, especially if it was with us. Obviously there is always the worry our fond memories of him may be tainted

Started 33 games in  just about 3 seasons.  No, we're better off signing Moses . :--
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:25:55 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "reeves4england"

Started 33 games in  just about 3 seasons.  No, we're better off signing Moses . :--

But he was always fit playing for us. Therefore, he should come back to STFC and he will be fine.

There may be a tiny hole in that logic
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: