Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1 win in 10 - relegation form???  (Read 6225 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 16:11:18 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
I'd be quite interested to see statistics regarding the number of teams 8 points clear with 6 games to go who went on to get relegated.  (I'm sure Reg knows this without even needing to look it up).

I would imagine the number of teams is very small.

The scum were 6 places and 6 points clear of Torquay, with 6 games left a couple of seasons back.....the juxtaposition of digits probably says enough.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 17:23:35 »

Quote from: "adje"
Quote from: "janaage"
69% of teams that are 8 points above of the relegation zone end up going down at the end of the season.  

Interestingly only 57% of teams that are 7 points above the relegation zone go down though.  

If only we hadn't drawn against Carlisle and lost instead, we'd have a better chance of staying up - I attract sharks!!!!

You're having us on with those figures surely.They suggest that only 31% of teams that are in the bottom 4 actually go down.Or have I got that wrong?

I did sneak that one in there by midday mate.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 18:11:28 »

Oops

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 18:22:11 »

Pwnd  Smiley
flammableBen

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 21:58:37 »

I'd give Malpas next season even if we got relegated. Unless we had someone ace and proven lined up. Or someone ace and unproven lined up.

There I've said it. Shooooooot me down.

On a Malpas related note (fuck knows if this is the best place to post it, but you cunting cretins have started so many fucking threads saying the same fucking thing that I don't care anymore), if he really has been bought in to help try and bring youths through over the next few years (which most the evidence points to, I think I said so on a different thread), then the idea of some sort of Director of Football coming in springs to mind. Well it springs to mind until you stamp down on it with a big metal boot because that sort of set up rarely works. Unless the club is being properly run anyway... hmmmm tricky one.

That might be a conundrum worthy of it's own thread, but fuck off am I starting another Malpas thread. Not until I've nuked a few others with bizarre topic changing anyway.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 23:05:10 »

I see you've carried on a great TEF tradition by not really having a point to your post though Ben. Good work  Cool
flammableBen

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 23:11:12 »

it's the way the tef should be, although it does sort of lean towards a point.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 23:41:05 »

We need someone ace to replace Malpas because a DoF won't work  
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 12:30:52 »

my bank manager loves malpas-------i cant be bothered to waste £20 getting cold ,bored ,frustrated ,and baffled with the performances i,ve witnessed lately..
nice lay in
cup of tea
soccer am
and a bacon sarnie
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 12:46:46 »

I do all four and still manage to get to the match on time.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: