Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Why are we being so negative...?"  (Read 22801 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 09:46:32 »

Going on the last ten games:

Cheltenham (h) 3-0 : We deserved to win and played very well.
Forest (a) 0-1: Sounded like we didn't cover ourselves in glory, and maybe deserved to lose
Walsall (h) 0-3: Played absolutley fucking awfull
Oldham (a) 2-2: Sounded like a decent away performance
Leeds (h) 0-1: Cant blame Malpas for our players missing a hatfull of chances
Huddersfield (h) 3-2: Played well untill the ref ruined it. Not as good as oth3er performances, but good enough
Leyton Orient (a) 1-2: Haven't a clue, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, because no-one else wants too.
Carlisle (h) 2-2: Played really well, but conceded two sloppy goals.
Brighton (a) 1-2: Sounded like another example of our strikers not being able to finish their dinner. And apparently their two goals were realy good strikes aswell
Southend (h) 0-1: This was a bad performance.
Tranmere (a) 1-2: Again, another example of missing chance after chance. Going by what Ed hadwin said we were unlucky to lose

I make that as only 2, possibly 3 really bad performances. And they were all against teams in and around the play-offs. The only worry is the alarming rate we're conceding goals. Malpas can't be blamed for our strikers fall in form

Things get better but they never get good
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 11:19:32 »

Good summary Dave!!

LO was a decent enough performance too.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #62 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 11:26:50 »

People can cover it up anyway they like all i know is that in january there was a massive wave of optimism and all that has been drained due to poor results ,poor performances and poor tactics.

But hey never mind because we have been unlucky
adje

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 11:59:37 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
Going on the last ten games:

Cheltenham (h) 3-0 : We deserved to win and played very well.
Forest (a) 0-1: Sounded like we didn't cover ourselves in glory, and maybe deserved to lose
Walsall (h) 0-3: Played absolutley fucking awfull
Oldham (a) 2-2: Sounded like a decent away performance
Leeds (h) 0-1: Cant blame Malpas for our players missing a hatfull of chances
Huddersfield (h) 3-2: Played well untill the ref ruined it. Not as good as oth3er performances, but good enough
Leyton Orient (a) 1-2: Haven't a clue, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, because no-one else wants too.
Carlisle (h) 2-2: Played really well, but conceded two sloppy goals.
Brighton (a) 1-2: Sounded like another example of our strikers not being able to finish their dinner. And apparently their two goals were realy good strikes aswell
Southend (h) 0-1: This was a bad performance.
Tranmere (a) 1-2: Again, another example of missing chance after chance. Going by what Ed hadwin said we were unlucky to lose

I make that as only 2, possibly 3 really bad performances. And they were all against teams in and around the play-offs. The only worry is the alarming rate we're conceding goals. Malpas can't be blamed for our strikers fall in form

Agree with that but I would also add that against Southend,although not a good performance,we had three absolute sitters in the last ten minutes-enough to win the game.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 16:33:04 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
People can cover it up anyway they like all i know is that in january there was a massive wave of optimism and all that has been drained due to poor results ,poor performances and poor tactics.

The massive wave of optimism washed over me then....I recall us being a bit sketchy all season especially away from home where all our 3/4 managers this season, have manged one away win.

Seems to me that AF wanted a low key boss, whose strength is in coaching and bringing kids through. Part of his thinking is that the last 2 high profile gaffers have fucked off at teh first whiff of a $ sign....leaving us in the shit.

This is a 3 year project and it will take MM a while to get in his type of players, cut adrift the Sturrock men and start to bring in the kids.

Alll the moaners do is increase the likelihood that AF will thinkiwhy the hell is he bothering and pull the plug.
lebowski

« Reply #65 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 16:38:03 »

^^^^^^^^

What he just said.

We do have a lot of moaners though don't we?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 16:42:15 »

I understand people worrying about results, but the amount of stick MM has endured in his brief tenure is worrying.

My biggest concern is that even if results do start to go our way, some people will still want him out...........................................

It's All Good..............
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 16:44:25 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

The massive wave of optimism washed over me then....I recall us being a bit sketchy all season especially away from home where all our 3/4 managers this season, have manged one away win.

Seems to me that AF wanted a low key boss, whose strength is in coaching and bringing kids through. Part of his thinking is that the last 2 high profile gaffers have fucked off at teh first whiff of a $ sign....leaving us in the shit.

This is a 3 year project and it will take MM a while to get in his type of players, cut adrift the Sturrock men and start to bring in the kids.

Alll the moaners do is increase the likelihood that AF will thinkiwhy the hell is he bothering and pull the plug.
That’s Bullshit.

There is absolutely fuckall wrong with me having a moan because we have won 1 in ten games and produced performances like crewe,southend, and walsall .

There is fuckall wrong with me not understanding why he plays Easton on the right,mcgovern in the centre,Drops  sturrock,plays Comminges on the left and then when we are chasing a game replaces Easton with with timlin and leaves sturrock on the bench again.

On match of the day last night both Dixon and Adams were talking about Avram Grant and said when your manager makes strange decisions it saps the teams confidence and I think this the case here .
lebowski

« Reply #68 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 16:49:04 »

Dixon and Adams?

Christ, you'll be quoting Spooney next.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #69 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 17:02:43 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
Dixon and Adams?

Christ, you'll be quoting Spooney next.
Yes because I am sure they have not got a clue what the fuck they are on about but let me guess you got the answers yes  Cheesy
lebowski

« Reply #70 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 17:09:21 »

Clearly I am a bit more selective about whose opinions I take as gospel than you are.

Each to their own.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 17:13:56 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

That’s Bullshit.

There is absolutely fuckall wrong with me having a moan because we have won 1 in ten games and produced performances like crewe,southend, and walsall .

There is fuckall wrong with me not understanding why he plays Easton on the right,mcgovern in the centre,Drops  sturrock,plays Comminges on the left and then when we are chasing a game replaces Easton with with timlin and leaves sturrock on the bench again.

On match of the day last night both Dixon and Adams were talking about Avram Grant and said when your manager makes strange decisions it saps the teams confidence and I think this the case here .

If you engaged your brain and used  the luggy things on the outside of your heed, then you'd have heard AF say what I have paraphrased.  

It is indeed a fact that a couple of performances have been lamentable, but its what you get; when Lou Macari first started, I witnessed us lose 3-0 and 3-1 at home to Hereford and Torquay.....a few weeks later 0-1 to Port Vale in a grisly affair in front of a couple of thousand.

This was all compounded, by losing at home to Dagenham in the FA Cup.

It took Macari the best part of a season to work it out.....Colin Gordon was the acquisition from non league, that started turning the corner for him....who knows what gems MM might get in the summer.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 17:20:02 »

I remember that Dagenham game :shock:

Reg, surely everything Macari touched turned to gold in the first few weeks and months?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 17:21:46 »

Swindon fans just need something to moan about

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 17:27:28 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
I remember that Dagenham game :shock:

Reg, surely everything Macari touched turned to gold in the first few weeks and months?

Yep like losing 10 in 12 away games after a 1-0 in the October  rain at Rochdale when Colin Gordon scored on his debut.  Including a 6-2 drubbing at Scunthorpe, which was part of the reason for his sacking.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: