Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Why are we being so negative...?"  (Read 22875 times)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 12:24:40 »

just heard malpas say we were the better team last night.think i've heard that a bit too much lately.
we are not winning which is the most important issue
glos_robin

« Reply #46 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 12:40:46 »

Quote from: "arriba"
just heard malpas say we were the better team last night.think i've heard that a bit too much lately.
we are not winning which is the most important issue

Agreed and the reason we were 'better' was probably because being 2-0 up Tranmere probably tried to shut up shop and sat back.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 12:41:46 »

I agree with Arriba. It's a results business and even if we have played well at times (which we have) the reasons we haven't picked up wins is because we have been clueless at the back. That alone means you do not deserve to win the game. 1 win in 10 is quite frankly shocking and confidence must be rock bottom. With 6 games to go that worries me greatly. Still at least Gillingham have Carlisle today  :-))(
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 12:43:21 »

we play well because all the teams take an early lead and sit back

Brighton, Southend and now Tranmere

Southend on saturday shut up shop at 1-0 and didnt get out of second gear, if we'd pulled one back with more than 10 minutes to go Southend would have come back at us and scored again anyway.
glos_robin

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 12:56:30 »

Also how can 1 win and 10 be unlucky? ............all teams in this league are much of a muchness so is it the case that Malpas is unlucky we got promoted last season as it'd be easier in league 2?  :-))(  He's not upto the job and the more he blames others and luck the more he will polarise our supporters. He seems entirely incapable of taking responsibility for his own shortcomings
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 12:58:21 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Also how can 1 win and 10 be unlucky? ............all teams in this league are much of a muchness so is it the case that Malpas is unlucky we got promoted last season as it'd be easier in league 2?  :-))(  He's not upto the job and the more he blames others and luck the more he will polarise our supporters. He seems entirely incapable of taking responsibility for his own shortcomings

What about the assistants and coaches as well though? People can point the blame at MM but surely Byrne and Williams must be at fault as well?
glos_robin

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 13:04:24 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
Quote from: "glos_robin"

What about the assistants and coaches as well though? People can point the blame at MM but surely Byrne and Williams must be at fault as well?

But they work under Malpas don't they? he could try and get them replaced maybe, get in his own people. He was happy to work with them when he joined so obviously saw no problem...... At the end of the day MM is responsible for footballing matters or in our case lack of.
On a side note I think Byrne and Williams are both useless yes but the fact this exact situation occurred at Motherwell also says to me Malpas is useless in his own right and doesn't need poor coaches to drag him down.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 13:07:55 »

Glos for Manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!
glos_robin

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 13:14:04 »

Quote from: "tans"
Glos for Manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or not I just don't think were blessed with competant coaches at the moment and unfortunately with my Mums side of the family being Aberdeen season ticket holders I have heard abit about Scottish Football. I just don't buy this luck stuff, by the end of the season Malpas will have had almost half a season in charge, if our form is as bad as it is now then I don't see how he can keep his job.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 13:24:19 »

I was jesting.

I dont blame this luck bollocks either. My opinion is just inept management. Remember Iffy got the sack at the end of 2005/06 season, and he was in an even worse position when he started, and it didnt get better. Malpas was given a team in a reasonable position, and hes fucked it basically, and we are now in freefall.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 19:43:07 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Is anyone going to consider the fact that maybe Malpas has been unlucky with the opposition he's come up against?... maybe it would have been a different story had we had easier opposition. Ie, the likes of the teams we've beaten.. Luton, Cheltenham, Huddersfield...

Well I'm certainly not prepared to consider that. That has to be the lamest excuse ever :?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 20:06:24 »

I'm starting to like Malpas,mainly because he's under fire.

You Malpas doubters will eat your words next season Tongue

/
W56196272
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 20:21:38 »

Quote from: "yeovil red"

I agree on both accounts
Spud

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 20:45:03 »

Quote from: "yeovil red"

Soapy Tit Wank
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 09:31:33 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "Tails"
Is anyone going to consider the fact that maybe Malpas has been unlucky with the opposition he's come up against?... maybe it would have been a different story had we had easier opposition. Ie, the likes of the teams we've beaten.. Luton, Cheltenham, Huddersfield...

Well I'm certainly not prepared to consider that. That has to be the lamest excuse ever :?

Well I think it's unfair of you not to, when we've played teams down the bottom or near us we've actually done well. 3-0 against Cheltenham, 3-0 up against Huddersfield before the ref decided he wanted his name in lights, and a decent 4 points away at Luton and Oldham. The rest of the teams we've played have all been decent and while some of you refuse to draw luck into it I genuinely believe we have been unlucky in recent weeks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: