Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Why are we being so negative...?"  (Read 22710 times)
juddie

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 10:26:42 »

....asks malpas. One win in nine might explain it. Now, I'm not one of the Malpas out brigade, but he's starting to frustrate me with his comments. The media aren't 'exaggerating' our slide down the table at all, we have slid down the table!

Win some games and people might get off your back.

It's all well and good playing well but results speak for themselves. We played quite well in the Premiership, too...

That is all.
caveman

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 10:28:43 »

we wont go down, give him half of next season to sort things out

ffs we almost didn't have a club a matter of weeks ago

STFC fans amaze me sometime
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 10:32:35 »

so because the club almost went under we're not allowed to have an opinion on on-field matters? That's useful isn't it?

Don;t get me wrong, the fact that we're discussing on-field matters and not off-field problems is great in itself, but surely we're allowed to have an opinion?!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 10:33:11 »

and I'm not saying we'll go down, I'm criticizing Malpas' comments about everyone being negative. People are only being negative because we're not winning games.
Wood_Ayre

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 10:34:52 »

If we give him until half of next season, when judgment day comes, and Malpas has underachieved and is out the door (for argument sakes Wink ), wouldn't that leave the next manager who comes in in the same situation as MM started with?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 10:46:43 »

When a manager comes in and states he thinks we can get into the playoffs then wins 1 in 9 I think the fans have a right to moan about it
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 10:49:25 »

That play off talk was stupid, we've been mid table all season.  Recently we've been beaten by some play off teams, that's football.

I think what some are saying is, after years of negatively I'd rather give that school of thought a break and give the bloke some time.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 10:54:54 »

Fairy muff Jan, I can understand that. I'm just thinking from the board's point of view.. Here they are trying to talk up building attendances and Malpas is in the media polarising opinion by criticising people for being negative.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 10:58:14 »

Yeah I can see how this article has peeved a few fans off, but to be fair to the bloke that "why are we all being so negative comment?" probably was just a throw away remark, not a question to be printed as a headline for 90 fans to reply slating the fella.

I'm just glad the net wasn't around in 93/94 as Jan, John G and the team in general would have been crucified on it.  Where have our good natured fans gone?  "Going down, going down, going down" so we reply "so are we...." for example.  It seems we're all intent on just slagging people off as soon as results don't go our way these days.
Lumps

« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 11:01:02 »

I'm just fairly happy that the only thing that people have to moan about is the fact that we don't have a chance of playing Championship football next year.

Putting the whole insolvency shit to one side for the moment, at the beginning of the season I seem to remember most people were just hoping we could survive in this league, consolidate our position and push on next season.

A few people might have got a bit carried away when we went on a decent run early on under Sturrock, but I was always just hoping for mid table safety and no real relegation jitters going into the last 4/5 games.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 11:01:29 »

Actually I've just re-read the article, does he actually ask that question,?  Or has an Adver journo just used that question as a headline for effect?

If it isn;t a direct quote, then I think that's a bit of a stitch up to be fair.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 11:06:18 »

perhaps not slagging people off, but opening it up for discussion - that's what the forum is all about.

I do agree, though, that the direct quote may have come from the journo's direct questioning. I'd just find it refreshing for mo mo to say, for example, some thing like: it's been a frustrating month and we all have a right to be disappointed, results haven't gone as planned because we haven't won enough games. I'm unhappy with results and will try and finish the season as strongly as possible so we can build in the summer etc etc

each to their own, I guess he is trying to be positive, which is his job.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 11:06:47 »

It's a headline as designed by the Editor I would have thought, probably not even the reporter.  I was about to smack my head in disbelief when I saw the headline but on reading it couldn't see where it came from.  I think Malpas' went a bit OTT on the performances but it didn't strike me as an interview where he was actually trying to have a go at anyone other than the media.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 11:12:00 »

Agreed Bob.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 11:12:53 »

I think the adver are just scraping around for stories to be honest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: