Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malpas.......  (Read 9634 times)
dell boy

« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2008, 19:31:05 »

Quote from: "janaage"
This is getting crazy, what the hell have the good folk of Swindon been on recently, comparing this season and manager with two seasons ago??  WTF??  I'm close to giving up, not with MM, or the club, but with my fellow STFC supporter.

GET A FUCKING GRIP PEOPLE!!!!!

Is this some sort of wind up, that I'm not in on?

What else can you compare to if it isn't the past!!!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2008, 19:36:45 »

Quote from: "dell boy"
This is getting crazy, what the hell have the good folk of Swindon been on recently, comparing this season and manager with two seasons ago??  WTF??  I'm close to giving up, not with MM, or the club, but with my fellow STFC supporter.

I rest my case.
dell boy

« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2008, 19:40:36 »

Quote from: "dell boy"

I rest my case.

Then if you are going to rest your case, I doubt you would get very far, no sense in that answer.
In life who do you compare with, the past or the future?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2008, 19:42:54 »

Dell if you don't have the intelligence to link my statement with another post comparing this season to two season's ago and MM being described as worse than Iffy (or whatever the comparison was) then it's really not worth my time.

have a good evening.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2008, 19:43:06 »

The problem comes when Malpas isn't allowed to bring in as many changes as some people seem to think will happen. We can't afford [it financially] to chuck players away and get a load of new ones in. Fitton has clearly expressed the desire to build up slowly, that also won't mean wholesale changes. Besides, I think that would prove disastrous - something Spencer White made a point about the other week I believe.

At the moment one or two quality additions wouldn't bring us up. We are failing as a team. I don't care how Malpas does it but he needs to get more out of the players. I think the pre-season could determine how well we fair in the league next year, I am sure of that. It will be interesting to see if we can get off to a good start.

I don't want Malpas out just yet, but I am starting to get concerned that we won't see any improvements. I think even the people who have been more supportive of Malpas from the off must be able to see our deficiencies and they are worrying. They don't warrant a sacking, but come September, if we aren't doing well, I'd say get him out then.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2008, 21:58:40 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
The problem comes when Malpas isn't allowed to bring in as many changes as some people seem to think will happen. We can't afford [it financially] to chuck players away and get a load of new ones in. Fitton has clearly expressed the desire to build up slowly, that also won't mean wholesale changes. Besides, I think that would prove disastrous - something Spencer White made a point about the other week I believe.

At the moment one or two quality additions wouldn't bring us up. We are failing as a team. I don't care how Malpas does it but he needs to get more out of the players. I think the pre-season could determine how well we fair in the league next year, I am sure of that. It will be interesting to see if we can get off to a good start.

I don't want Malpas out just yet, but I am starting to get concerned that we won't see any improvements. I think even the people who have been more supportive of Malpas from the off must be able to see our deficiencies and they are worrying. They don't warrant a sacking, but come September, if we aren't doing well, I'd say get him out then.

Totally agree there. I've really done my best to back Malpas up but I'm really concerned now.... Carlisle was excellent but thinking back, we really should have won that but we can't seem to grasp the basics. I'm beginning to think the problem lies in the coaching, since Sturrock left our defence has become laughable, and is the root of the problem. Southends goal yesterday was a fluke, but we let the guy run through us with no real effort to challenge him.

Going forward I think we are OK and we do have quality in McNamee. On another day we would have scored 3 yesterday but the players don't seem to have the confidence in the system that we are playing. I think it's time to give up this 3.5 / 2.5 system as we aren't getting results, and our form at the moment is a joke.

The thing that concerns me the most is that relegation is not totally out of the question, and we've hit terrible form just as the relegation run in heats up. We can't win away for shit, and with really tough games against Tranmere and Donny coming up it isn't gonna be pretty...

Our games against Vale, Gillingham and Millwall could prove more vital than I would have liked.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 22:20:53 »

Its simple realy....get a player who can get in the top five in the lge 2 scoring charts and it wont really matter what the tactics are,who the manager is......the defence have played well most games but we dont score enough....i think this time next season a few fans will have egg on there faces,the reason being Malpass will bring in some good players HE wants in the close season and ime really looking forward to seeing HIS team play then maybe judge him when hes had a fair crack....not 15 odd matches.
JPC82

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 22:23:11 »

im scared that he will bring his own players in for next season and still be as shit as he has us playing now
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 22:46:40 »

Quote from: "leefer"
Its simple realy....get a player who can get in the top five in the lge 2 scoring charts and it wont really matter what the tactics are,who the manager is....

*cough* Cureton. Classic example of a good goalscorer made ineffective by tactics and the manager.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 23:55:02 »

But Cureton missed a load of sitters that costed us big time.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 08:34:34 »

I am starting to get worried with the way that we are playing that if we give Malpas into next season and he has been able to bring in new players and still not turned it around then a new manager will be coming in, taking over a poor team, and having to use players he has inherited and unable to build properly with his own players until the following season.

Let's face it I think everyone agrees that the squad we have should be performing better than what they are as we do have some good players in there but for some reason the new managment team just cannot get them playing to how they should be and they look a poor team at the moment.

Malpas needs to start showing improvements otherwise however hard it may be the question will surely have to be raised are we better off taking the risk and getting rid of him now and get someone in that is experienced, understands english football and knows the leagues or carry on and risk having another bad season and risk not being in a position to make a promotion push next season. of course Malpas may turn it around next season and we may turn into world beaters, but so far the evidence is pointing against that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 08:44:08 »

Quote from: "Tails"
But Cureton missed a load of sitters that costed us big time.

Yes. But he's also scored a shit load since leaving. So he clearly could do it with the right set up. Which is my point, buying a goalscorer is no guarantee of goals if the rest of the team don't suit or are coached into a style of play that suits them.

On Curo - Whilst yes he did miss some sitters. He was also not helped by the shower of shit team low on confidence that seemed to hoof it forward to him. A bit of a scapegoat I feel, simple fact is the team were not good enough.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 09:18:45 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
I am starting to get worried with the way that we are playing that if we give Malpas into next season and he has been able to bring in new players and still not turned it around then a new manager will be coming in, taking over a poor team, and having to use players he has inherited and unable to build properly with his own players until the following season.

Let's face it I think everyone agrees that the squad we have should be performing better than what they are as we do have some good players in there but for some reason the new managment team just cannot get them playing to how they should be and they look a poor team at the moment.

Malpas needs to start showing improvements otherwise however hard it may be the question will surely have to be raised are we better off taking the risk and getting rid of him now and get someone in that is experienced, understands english football and knows the leagues or carry on and risk having another bad season and risk not being in a position to make a promotion push next season. of course Malpas may turn it around next season and we may turn into world beaters, but so far the evidence is pointing against that.

The plan is to be promoted within 3 years, being in the promotion hunt next season need not be necessary, people need to temper their expectations.  While it would be nice, I don;t see a mad push to be promoted next season as top of the priority list.  Probably a 10th to 12th place finish would be quite acceptable within the grand scheme of things.

I also happen to think our league position perfectly fits the squad of players we have had for this season so far.  Whether or not I think the performances are entertaining enough or not is another thing, but your statement just goes to show lots of people really did think we were a better team than we really are.  I still think we'll finish about 16th and that pretty much sums the squad up.  The talk of the play offs from the players and Managers didn't help.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 13:49:01 »

oops double post
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 13:50:17 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Quote from: "Power to people"

The plan is to be promoted within 3 years, being in the promotion hunt next season need not be necessary, people need to temper their expectations.  While it would be nice, I don;t see a mad push to be promoted next season as top of the priority list.  Probably a 10th to 12th place finish would be quite acceptable within the grand scheme of things.

I also happen to think our league position perfectly fits the squad of players we have had for this season so far.  Whether or not I think the performances are entertaining enough or not is another thing, but your statement just goes to show lots of people really did think we were a better team than we really are.  I still think we'll finish about 16th and that pretty much sums the squad up.  The talk of the play offs from the players and Managers didn't help.

But I really do think that some of these players are decent players, the likes of Cox, Ifil, Brez, Easton, Macnamee I'm sure could play at a higher level and to be fair the way the team was playing at the begining of the season then there was a lot of people that thought we may have an outside chance of the play-off's as there is usually one team that get's promoted and then carry's that spirit into the following season and has a really good season.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying sack the guy now but I am concerned at our recent performances and results.

With the 3 year plan surely next season should see us having a go at trying to get promotion and then it leaves us with the following season to really go for it if we have failed, if you have that "oh mid table is fine attitude" then what is the point, have something to aim for and if we don't make it at least we can say we had a bloody good go and set's it up well for the following season.

Is Malpas the one to take us there ? I'm still not sure, time will tell.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: