Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Southend matchday thread.  (Read 15238 times)
Scot Munroe

« Reply #60 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:23:18 »

Started to get a bit worried now. Malpas tatics surely not working by playing our best midfielder in Easton on the right hand side and McGovern in the middle. On today's game nothing went our way. 4 chances in the last 15 minutes. Especially that chance by Peacock at the end, i was about to jump. How many times are strikers are going to be bullied by Visting defenders. Cox got dumped to floor some many times by Barratt and Clarke. Also How overweight is Tommy Black.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:26:57 »

We played like a team heading for league 2 today.

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Danjackson10

« Reply #62 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:27:08 »

i think one more win and we are safe from relegation! time to rebuild for next season, not sure MM is the right man to do this though?
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:27:31 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
corr out for six months according to RS

good.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:39:20 »

Quote from: "swindon-chap"

good.

Fuck off.
flammableBen

« Reply #65 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:43:15 »

Quote from: "Nemo"
Quote from: "swindon-chap"

good.

Fuck off.

This truly is the high point of match day discussions.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:43:38 »

Utter, utter dog shite. And we were even worse.

Call it kneejerk, but I've had it with Malpas. There's only so long you can carry on saying "oh, give him time". He's had time and still not proved himself. He's got a lower win % than Iffy Onoura FFS.

IMO he's clearly lacking tactical awareness. Carlisle was a blip and the 4-3.5-2.5 worked, but it hasn't in all the other games.

Again I have to point out the lack of leadership from the bench. We should have one man, the manager, shouting instructions. Not the manager, his assistant and one of the coaches. It's a fucking shambles.

Like arriba has pointed out, before Malpas came in we were pushing for the play-offs, had a good formation and tactics that usually worked. Now we're looking over our shoulder, playing a laughable "3 and a half, 2 and a half" formation and don't look like we have a clue what we're supposed to be doing.

I said after the Carlisle game that I hoped we didn't go back to playing hoofball once Paynter and/or Corr were back in the team - we did.

We continue to play a right winger in central midfield and a central midfielder on the right wing. And then when the right winger moves back to the right wing he's so slow he can't get on the end of a pass to even attempt crossing the ball.

I don't think we'll go down, but if we continue to play like that for the rest of the season we'll be close to relegation.

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:44:33 »

martin allen should have got the job.and should be offered it now
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:45:04 »

Corr is too injury prone, has to go in the summer in my view.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:45:10 »

Quote from: "arriba"

I agree 100%, at least he'd get the players playing with some passion and determination.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:48:13 »

Oh, and Sturrock was there watching his pal Malpas today as well.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:49:14 »

Quote from: "arriba"

I agree 100%.

At least he has passion.
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:49:34 »

Their goal was an absolute gift, he walked through 6 "challenges" with ease. The two players who could say they gave a satisfactory performance were Minge, and McNamee, who is sheer class.

Ifil was shite again, Cox was just chasing lost causes, McGovern was shocking - why the feck was he defensive mid first half? He didn't create, and he didn't defend.

Malpas got the tactics completely wrong again, how many more times Maurice?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:54:18 »

Just got back! Apart from the last 10 minutes we were absolute Gash!  Southend dominated possesion without creating too many chances in the final third tbh but if either team deserved 3 points it was by far Southend considering that they were the away team.

We have lost all confidence.  We have a defence that looked solid at the start of the season and looks very poor now, Comminges aside!  Midfield Easton and Mcnamee were our few bright sparks.  Mcnamee terrorised the right back but all of his crosses were not attcked as they should have been.  Cox worked his socks off but got no service whatsoever.  Brezovan was his usual solid self.

Amazing to think that we could have easily come away winning 3-1 as the last 10 mins Southend were hanging on.  One great block on the line from Paynter followed by Paynter putting over the bar from a few yards out and Peacock somehow missing the ball on the line with an open net in front of him.

If we would have won or drawn though it would have been very harsh on Southend who, even though their goal took a wicked deflection, totally deserved to walk away with 3 points!  Not because they were that good, but because we were unbelievably poor!

Roll on next season with a complete overhaul of the team and a manager that will hopefully learn how he actually wants the team to play.  If not next season will be as much of a struggle as it was watching that garbage.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:54:20 »

Yes, we were shit. What made it worse is that they weren't very good at all and we definately could have beaten them. Even with that performance we could well have got a point if we could have tapped in McNamee's beautiful crosses.

I wonder if Macca has a right footed brother?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: