Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brighton Matchday thread - Coee!!!!  (Read 15776 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 11:14:33 »

Where was MacNamee supposed to be playing after the first ten minutes? He seemed to go from left wing to the middle/right hand side, where he became about as effective as ... something completely ineffective. We looked clueless after Brighton's second. Oh well, roll on monday!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
dell boy

« Reply #196 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 11:24:54 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
don't flatter yourself dell Smiley

:twak:
sonic youth

« Reply #197 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 12:30:34 »

Quote from: "ibelieveinmrreeves"
Where was MacNamee supposed to be playing after the first ten minutes? He seemed to go from left wing to the middle/right hand side, where he became about as effective as ... something completely ineffective. We looked clueless after Brighton's second. Oh well, roll on monday!

judging by recent comments from malpas and wee mac, i think he's pretty much got a free role.

whilst we're here - hadwin said they lined up with easton on the right and JP in the middle, is that true?

Quote from: "dell boy"

tee hee hee. love you really
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 12:50:48 »

Quote from: "ibelieveinmrreeves"

judging by recent comments from malpas and wee mac, i think he's pretty much got a free role.

whilst we're here - hadwin said they lined up with easton on the right and JP in the middle, is that true?

Quote from: "dell boy"

tee hee hee. love you really

More or less. Tends to go missing when out on the right though, which isn't really his fault.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Spencer_White

« Reply #199 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 15:05:26 »

As regards Gills. They are hopeless away. They are a terrible team. Awful mess behind the scenes as well. But Ive just got this fear about their home form.

Everyone below us has been fighting relegation all season. I just think that 4th spot will be taken by someone you wouldnt expect. Maybe Yeovil. Plus if Jills do win again, weve got them and Millwall last 2 games. Could be caught with our pants down.
Spencer_White

« Reply #200 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 15:24:57 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "Spencer_White"
As regards talking about Sturrock.

For me because its part of our history. It makes us what we are. Whats the point in bothering with STFC at all if the past isnt important? Besides these are the managers we know about. The ones we watched week in week out, so of course Malpas will be compared to them.

Looks to me you lot would rather do a block ears manouvre and shout Im not listening. Honestly if you place no value in our history, then I cant see what the point of professional football is? It was fantastic to see the club do a romantic gesture today and rename the south stand. Weve been put through financial misery in the past, and as a result many of our fans are pragmatic in the extreme. We dont talk about our history enough.

Sturrock took us up so he achieved something. Which puts him head and shoulders above Wise, Iffy, King, Evans, Todd and Quinn. He was also a fantastic leader who united the whole club. Fair enough you want to get some positivity on Malpas (Id like to as well). But dont talk bollocks cos you'll just look like an idiot.

Maybe we should compare every new manager with Macari, Ardiles and Hoddle as well then?

I'm not saying ignore our history (Where did I say that?) I just think it's pointless comparing our new manager (Who's been here 5 minutes) with the previous one.

Yeah, Bert Herd as well. Maybe we should be comparing Malpas to Dave McKay?

But seriously. It was more in response to 'Iffys Onion Bhaji'. But to you Id say he will get compared to other recent managers. Its 15 games now, so the 5 minutes argument is wearing a little thin, especially for fans who went to the northern games in those 15. Theres also a big hole in your argument because Sturrock wasnt in charge for many games either. How many did it take to see his methods? His way of thinking? Malpas has tried players in all sorts of positions. Does he really know what he wants? I dont think he does.
lebowski

« Reply #201 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 15:35:56 »

Theres also a big hole in your argument because Sturrock wasnt in charge for many games either. How many did it take to see his methods? His way of thinking? Malpas has tried players in all sorts of positions. Does he really know what he wants? I dont think he does.

What are you talking about? Sturrock took over a strong side, in a weak division, and we crawled over the line. Meanwhile, Malpas has taken over an average side, in a strong division, and it looks like we're going to stay up.

I'm not a Malpas fan by any means but some people's take on both perspective and reality is proving quite strange.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #202 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 15:36:32 »

I think Malpas is trying to get tactics based on the players we have, whereas Sturrock did it the other way round.

I'm hopeful that doing it the Malpas way now, will allow him to get the players in he needs in the summer and then push his tactically approach onto the players. Let's just hope the players we do get are more McNamee than Ashikodi.
Spencer_White

« Reply #203 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 16:05:20 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
Theres also a big hole in your argument because Sturrock wasnt in charge for many games either. How many did it take to see his methods? His way of thinking? Malpas has tried players in all sorts of positions. Does he really know what he wants? I dont think he does.

What are you talking about? Sturrock took over a strong side, in a weak division, and we crawled over the line. Meanwhile, Malpas has taken over an average side, in a strong division, and it looks like we're going to stay up.

I'm not a Malpas fan by any means but some people's take on both perspective and reality is proving quite strange.

I dont agree this is an average side. Its a good side for this division, just its an underperforming side.

I agree it was a weak division last season. But the team had lost its way before Sturrock came. We lost both home games under Williams and we had started to loose it before that under Wise. In the end we got 85 points. Which was only 4 points off the title. It was tight but we got the job done. Its been proven by quite a few teams that a winning mentality from div 3 can get you through div 2 quite comfortably if you can keep things together. Our first half of the season was ruined by off the field troubles. The players werent paid 3 weeks after the season started. My perspective is spot on.

How can Malpas do it the Malpas way? He's got no backroom staff. He's got no experience in signing players. Who is signing the players at the moment? I heard Cox and McNamee werent his signings.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 16:07:45 »

only have to look at Walsall, the difference between them and us?

they've kept their manager and we've changed ours.

They look on for the play offs and we dont!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 19:40:53 »

Right, to start with Brigton is fucking shit and fuckin cold...and the view is shit also when we play them next season I will not be going !!

I thought we played ok for about the 1st half an hour, and then we seemed to lose our way, they worked out that if they close up down at every opportunity we do not have a fuckung clue on how to deal with it and end up losing shape and ideas.

This system Malpas insists on playing I really don't think that the players get it that well, yep ok Easton scored again but he is better in the middle, the team we have at the moment is best suited to a 4-4-2 with wide players supplying the crosses.

The midfield seemed to go missing badly at times and I think JP stayed in the changing room (or should that be portakabin) at half time.

I have said previously I am not in the group of Maplas out but the guy does baffle me, when the players need encouagment he is standing in the back of the dug out....oh and Sofi playing on the right..do me a favour, and Mcnamee in the centre....nuff said.

If we carry on the way we are playing we will get dragged down towards the relegation places but I beleive we have enough points to stay out of it and there are teams that are worse than us luckily.

This team is good enough to finish above mid table, anything else surely has to be viewed as a not so good season.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 21:27:47 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
Right, to start with Brigton is fucking shit and fuckin cold...and the view is shit also when we play them next season I will not be going !!

I think it summed it up nicely when we sang "Can you tell us if we score"  Soapy Tit Wank
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 11:52:17 »

Did I see you and Dave in teh flag saturday? we were mullared

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: