Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Third Test  (Read 12502 times)
DMR

« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 17:07:36 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
We make hard work of it as always  :-))(

Jesus, lighten up a bit.

If a half decent yound crikcter is going to tee off these things will happen to anyone. Fuck me, we've seen Monty smashing Murali for 6 before now.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 17:42:32 »

Quote from: "DMR"

Jesus, lighten up a bit.

If a half decent yound crikcter is going to tee off these things will happen to anyone. Fuck me, we've seen Monty smashing Murali for 6 before now.

And what makes the Aussies so good? They finish teams off and they do it well. We need to learn how to do that.
DMR

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 22:16:25 »

Jesus, lighten up a bit.

And what makes the Aussies so good? They finish teams off and they do it well. We need to learn how to do that.

Ah. Like in their series against India, when the Indians won one test by 70-odd runs which was what RP Singh got virtually off his own back, belting Stuart clark about. Or in the following draw, when Kumble and Harbajhan batted for hours and both got shed loads.

Yeah righto. We won my miles today, if one bloke slogs a few sixes in a dead contest so what?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 22:19:30 »

A debutant who is 19. Oh and it was a bit more than a few sixes wasn't it? 77 or something? come on that's taking the piss a little. But i guess when you have James Anderson bowling what can you do? He's fecking useless.
DMR

« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 22:27:12 »

christ alive, just cos he's 19 doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to slog. it wasn't even proper batting, it happens. this would be the same anderson who's bowling with a dodgy ankle and took a 5-for a week ago then.

IOB, over the last 2 days alone here's some of your posts... are you playing up to some image or are you really just this sad? loosen up, you've got such a massive downer on everything - we WON, W-O-N, victorious, champagne, hurrah, success - i really don't get your problem and the way all you ever do is just bleat about everything really winds me up

An average game as you'd expect from a friendly really. No real bite from us. We passed well but didn't create much.

Fuck. Defeat on Friday then

Been down the pub watching the England game. Bet it's worse than the first 3.

I agree. I'm just worried as we still need to get another 4 points to stay up for certain.

We make hard work of it as always  

I dpn't understand the inclusion of Owen. He's done nothing this season and isn't even half the player he once was. Waste of a sqaud player in my opinion.

Gillingham are good at home and were god damn awful away. Let's hope the pressure is on them otherwise they'll beat us without question.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 22:31:10 »

christ alive, just cos he's 19 doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to slog. it wasn't even proper batting, it happens. this would be the same anderson who's bowling with a dodgy ankle and took a 5-for a week ago then.

IOB, over the last 2 days alone here's some of your posts... are you playing up to some image or are you really just this sad? loosen up, you've got such a massive downer on everything - we WON, W-O-N, victorious, champagne, hurrah, success - i really don't get your problem and the way all you ever do is just bleat about everything really winds me up

An average game as you'd expect from a friendly really. No real bite from us. We passed well but didn't create much.

I agree. I'm just worried as we still need to get another 4 points to stay up for certain.

I dpn't understand the inclusion of Owen. He's done nothing this season and isn't even half the player he once was. Waste of a sqaud player in my opinion.

Gillingham are good at home and were god damn awful away. Let's hope the pressure is on them otherwise they'll beat us without question.

At least i'm not trying to get attention by saying something controverisal  :roll:

FFS it's a forum and there's nothing wrong with opinion. If you don't like my posts then fair enough. I don't really care  Soapy Tit Wank
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 23:25:38 »

At least i'm not trying to get attention by saying something controverisal  :roll:

but trying to get attention by behaving like a sulky teenager gives you the moral high ground?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 23:27:02 »

you're all cunts.

i win.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 10:23:20 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

but trying to get attention by behaving like a sulky teenager gives you the moral high ground?

Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank  

You as well?
cib

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 14:38:45 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Quote from: "Nemo"
I was thinking earlier, our tail is suddenly looking rather tasty, what with Broad emerging as a Batsman as well as a bowler, Flintoff recovering, Ambrose looking capable and Adil Rashid coming along nicely.

If we could get Simon Jones back to his best, would we have a claim for the best tail around?

that doesn't really work as i think because of flintoff's fitness he will only ever come back as a number 6. the chances of simon jones coming back are exceptionally slim and even if he did he's only a number 10/11 slogger anyway.

realistically for the foreseeable england's tail will be:
7 ambrose
8 broad
9 sidebottom
10 anderson/hoggard/onions/shreck
11 panesar

Shreck is a very good bowler at Notts, his form in New Zealand as Boeta says shows this. Hopefully he'll be taking wickets for Notts though this Summer as it looks like we'll be needing to replace both Sidey and Broad.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #130 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 18:32:14 »

Southee was probably thinking Fuck it i might as well just start slogging it. Fair play to him he did and also he was batting with the worst batsmen i have ever seen in my life in Chris Martin. oh and IOB Anderson is not fucking useless, i bet u were not saying that when he picked up 5 wickets in the first innings in wellington. He is bowling with a sprained ankle in which he got in a freak incident while playing football. Have u ever bowled with a Sprained ankle IOB, it is quite painful. I can tell u that.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 18:53:56 »

ankle or no ankle, anderson hasn't changed in 5 years. one spell of swinging jaffas, the next five spells of absolute tripe. we've got better than him
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #132 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 19:16:43 »

Truth.

OTT. Same as all the other posts in that thread. Meh.

No idea what the fuck that is about.

It's not factual but it's a fair assumption. I think a draw is the most likely result here though.

Fuck knows what that is about.

At this moment in time that's true.

The first part is factual, the second part is probably a fair assumption.

All in all, not really that controversial, I wouldn't interpret as such. The manner of the posts is what makes it so grumpy but half the forum is just as bad. In fact if you went on a hunt for 'negative' posts over  the past 2 days you'd find a lot of members with just as many.

I'll leave you with this to think about though. Have you ever seen STFCBart and IOB in the same place at the same time? Didn't think so  Tongue
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 19:27:17 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"

I'll leave you with this to think about though. Have you ever seen STFCBart and IOB in the same place at the same time? Didn't think so  Tongue

But I have seen IOB and Fatbury in the same room.
Spud

« Reply #134 on: Thursday, March 27, 2008, 22:39:15 »

A debutant who is 19. Oh and it was a bit more than a few sixes wasn't it? 77 or something? come on that's taking the piss a little. But i guess when you have James Anderson bowling what can you do? He's fecking useless.

Rich, the fact that New Zealand were slogging it was always going to happen when they were chasing such a huge total to win the game i.e the same thing that Astle did during the last tour of New Zealand when he knew that it was a bit of a lost cause.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: