Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 34282 times)
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 14:21:34 »

Oh right, cheers.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 23:19:03 »

Just seen Pox's prices here: http://www.oufc.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/16/ec/0,,10342~125974,00.pdf

They are around the same prices (slightly more expensive than us even) for 2 divisions below. Bet they feel sick  
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #362 on: Saturday, May 3, 2008, 08:31:16 »

let,s face it the deal is very good and you,ve got to be a real tight c--t to critisize it .order your ticket you know it makes sense.4 tickets for me. Beers
lambourn red

« Reply #363 on: Saturday, May 3, 2008, 09:31:24 »

Some of the comments on the "Fans give ticket scheme seal of approval" news story in the adver this morning are cringeworthy surely some of these posters are just wind up merchants , I really do hope AF and the rest of his team do not read those comments that get repeated on every story by the same people, although I am sure they would realise these views are in the minority.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, May 3, 2008, 10:14:27 »

Quote from: "lambourn red"
Some of the comments on the "Fans give ticket scheme seal of approval" news story in the adver this morning are cringeworthy surely some of these posters are just wind up merchants , I really do hope AF and the rest of his team do not read those comments that get repeated on every story by the same people, although I am sure they would realise these views are in the minority.
I saw tht and thought the same. Some of our fans just have to moan about everything! :evil:

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Spencer_White

« Reply #365 on: Monday, May 5, 2008, 10:50:45 »

The important time is next month, once the excitement of the offer has worn off. But if we dont back this one then we wont ever see reasonable prices at the CG. Not for a long time.

This is a pivotal moment for our fans.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Monday, May 5, 2008, 10:56:49 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
The important time is next month, once the excitement of the offer has worn off. But if we dont back this one then we wont ever see reasonable prices at the CG. Not for a long time.

Sadly my quick run aroind people who I would consider as possible purchasers, namely lapsed fans and occasional attendees, has shown no likelihood they'll take the offer...I know its not scientific, but the consensus seems to be we'll never get 6000,....
Spencer_White

« Reply #367 on: Monday, May 5, 2008, 11:03:25 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Sadly my quick run aroind people who I would consider as possible purchasers, namely lapsed fans and occasional attendees, has shown no likelihood they'll take the offer...I know its not scientific, but the consensus seems to be we'll never get 6000,....

Thats my feeling as well. Season tickets will increase. But it will be the fans who already go, but realised ST's were not value for money anymore. I cant see us getting back lapsed fans. Football's changed, the country has changed. That local pride factor just doesnt seem to cut it anymore.

I do think we will make 5,000. Which would still be a great increase.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Monday, May 5, 2008, 12:00:28 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

thats what pisses me off. All these "lapsed fans" who have spouted any number of reasons why they have stopped going, too expensive, dont like the manager, poor results. Truth of the matter is, they are all a bunch of glory hunting twats who would rather watach a bunch of overpaid poofs on tv in the pub than watch proper football. :evil:

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, May 5, 2008, 12:11:52 »

A town of our size should be getting 10,000 gates when you consider we don't have many clubs close by like up north where there can be 20 clubs in a 20 mile radius.

Football is no longer the working man's pleasure though. You have to be reasonably well off to watch football these days.

This is a good move by the board to get people coming to the CG again.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Monday, May 5, 2008, 14:48:13 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
A town of our size should be getting 10,000 gates when you consider we don't have many clubs close by like up north where there can be 20 clubs in a 20 mile radius.

Football is no longer the working man's pleasure though. You have to be reasonably well off to watch football these days.

This is a good move by the board to get people coming to the CG again.

Unfortunately Ralphy, thats the truth of the matter. I'm not poor by any means, but neither am I so flush with cash that I can afford to make the commitment of buying a season ticket - even at the price they are - when I have to factor in a 150 mile round trip, food, drink etc. Especially when its x2 seeing I need to consider the missus as well......I'd love to buy a ST, but unfortunately its a luxury for me I'm afraid.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Monday, May 5, 2008, 15:13:11 »

Ralph, Swindon is a big town but how many people are actually from here? Maybe in years to come when a 'Swindonian' has its own identity, but the only way we'll attract neutrals is if we get into the Premiership a la Reading.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Monday, May 5, 2008, 16:02:51 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Ralph, Swindon is a big town but how many people are actually from here? Maybe in years to come when a 'Swindonian' has its own identity, but the only way we'll attract neutrals is if we get into the Premiership a la Reading.

MKDongs had 17000 on Sat.  New ground and winning team will always attract people to go.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Monday, May 5, 2008, 17:36:16 »

Agreed REG....its up to the people at the club to get to the people of Swindon who dont watch us,my idea to get 6000 ticks sold is to show the people they mean buisness....i,e by some class players,its not rocket science is it!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Monday, May 5, 2008, 17:59:12 »

Quote from: "leefer"
Agreed REG....its up to the people at the club to get to the people of Swindon who dont watch us,my idea to get 6000 ticks sold is to show the people they mean buisness....i,e by some class players,its not rocket science is it!

Personally I don't really give a shit about them that don't want to go....in lots of ways I prefer being in a small but dedicated crowd, rather than a large gathering of plastics.  

OK, it means we'll always be mediocre, but I've got used to it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: