Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 34280 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 22:03:50 »

Ever since I stopped working for the club I've bought tickets in advance, I've picked and choosed my games. This year, though, I'll be getting a S/T. The split payment thing is a stroke of genius IMO! Don Rogers stand for me
STFC Village

« Reply #331 on: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 22:39:20 »

Great news! I'll be back next season....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 22:39:57 »

Quote from: "ghanimah"

It could be more for Townenders couldn't it, if we don't sell over 6000? Plus I imagine a lot in the TE will migrate to other areas of the stadium which I fear will have an impact on the atmosphere.

The pricing for the main stand is superb, particularily if the 6000 is met (I have my doubts but it won't be for want of trying to persuede others, we'll see).

But regarding the above, I agree.  For me it would be a shame if the 'regulars' in our Town End area migrate to other stands. For that reason I am suprised and a bit dissapointed that its a flat price structure.

Still, if we prosper as a club then that's the main thing.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 22:53:57 »

A bit gutted on the rise in student prices, but I can appreciate why its been done, and am alright with it as its for the greater good (which is a really dodgy term to use and makes me thing of hot fuzz).

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 22:56:12 »

Does a Family season ticket count as 1 or 4 in the race towards 6000?

/
W56196272
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 23:05:58 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
General skintness may stop people paying for a lump sum up front though. Isn't there a recession...sorry, credit crunch at the moment?

Which is why the split payment so it's only £149 upfront is such a good part of this whole thing.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #336 on: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 23:14:48 »

I was just thinking in practical terms. Some people will still chance their arm and pay on the day, picking and chosing games as they see fit (e.g. yeovil red). Whilst not trying to besmirch the idea I'm just kinda thinking the target will stil be difficult to achieve. Although I'm sure it's pretty difficult to achieve decent ST sales regardless.

I think the Board have done all they can with the ST promotion and hopefully the uptake will be there. I too think the split payment idea is practical from both persepctives, as is the deadlines that have been set.

I wonder if we'll be seeing the brochure in the Adver etc. anytime soon. I bet we will.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 23:32:10 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
I was just thinking in practical terms. Some people will still chance their arm and pay on the day, picking and chosing games as they see fit (e.g. yeovil red). Whilst not trying to besmirch the idea I'm just kinda thinking the target will stil be difficult to achieve. Although I'm sure it's pretty difficult to achieve decent ST sales regardless.

I think the Board have done all they can with the ST promotion and hopefully the uptake will be there. I too think the split payment idea is practical from both persepctives, as is the deadlines that have been set.

I wonder if we'll be seeing the brochure in the Adver etc. anytime soon. I bet we will.

The reason I probably wont bother is I can't make alot of night games and its a real struggle to go to games where im working the two nights either side.

/
W56196272
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #338 on: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 23:41:06 »

Yeah soz I wasn't trying to give the impression you were a tight arse. It's sort of two separate reasons why people won't get a season ticket.

To my original point I know a fair few people who  are not able to save/want to save and would much rather do a pay as you go type thing rather than a contract type thing. People who get paid weekly are a prime example.

Wasn't trying to be negative, just think practically. We won't get 6000 as easily as some have made out. It can be done though and I think we will probably manage it.  

I was going to get a season ticket this year if I could get one cheap enough and so was my brother. So that's 2 people who normally wouldn't bother who are getting a season ticket. There must be loads of people like us and then you add in the fans who don't go to every game that could be tempted. Finger crossed.
flammableBen

« Reply #339 on: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 23:44:23 »

I disagree with you on the 6000 thing, I'm not saying it can't be done, but the town is very apathetic towards the club, and I think it'll take a lot of work to get that many season ticket holders.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #340 on: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 23:47:25 »

Yeah we'll have to see Ben. A forum of Swindon Town fans is probably not the best microcosm of the entire fan base.
flammableBen

« Reply #341 on: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 23:51:20 »

I'd like to see a club go no season tickets, £10 a game.

If you want to really get new fans, especially in a season where you're planning to do well, then relying on cheap season tickets are a cop out. You'll really get new people in by having low match day tickets all year round.

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 02:28:26 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
I disagree with you on the 6000 thing, I'm not saying it can't be done, but the town is very apathetic towards the club, and I think it'll take a lot of work to get that many season ticket holders.

agree with you on this ben.i dont think they'll get 6000.(i hope i'm wrong)

to get near that number they need to get in players who whet the appetite imo,as the manager doesn't.
not a dig at malpas, but alot are still anti remember.

i think the club will shift alot of season tickets,and it will be close. but 6000 is alot considering our hardcore fan base is about 5000.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 04:54:41 »

If they don't reach 6000 my ST will still be 70 quid cheaper than this seasons.

I'm more concerned about all the riff-raff migrating from the TE to the South Stand.......................

It's All Good..............
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #344 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 05:57:13 »

I think we will get 6K... I'll be positive about it. The fan base is in town. The excuses of shit board, too expensive are irrelevant now so time to put their money where their mouth is really. The Trust and fan bas as a whole have said for years that tickets are too dear so the club have now worked to ratify that. I am sure people will still say £20.00 for L1 football on match day is too dear but thats life. A key thing is that mates can use your ticket as well so... Even if oyu cant make games you could sell the ticket for that match to a mate for a fiver (or £10.00) so you cant lose really. When a big team is here we get good crowds. The fanbase is here. It just takes a whole lot of marketing really.

On the downside though people will say, I'm no getting a season ticket can't get to games and oh well other people will buy them to keep the price down.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: