Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Huddersfield Matchday Thread  (Read 25314 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 09:08:26 »

I think we'll win tonight. 2-0

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fatbury

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 09:18:35 »

1-0 Huddersfield
normy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 09:21:12 »

My season ticket will take me there tonight, but it is boring and frustrating at the moment. I never enjoy football without proper wingers who can "dribble" as we used to call it. Roberts can only do it by pushing it past and hoping for his diminishing speed to get him clear, and on the left he is useless unless he is allowed to cut inside. McGovern is slow and cannot do it at all. Easton is a very good  CM, not winger. McAmee could be great if he had proper backup when he is doubled up on by defenders. Zaboob has all the ability but is inconsistent, usually wastes the final ball, and you never feel he will score. Comminges actually looks like the best winger on our books. What will be the next Malpas restructuring be like?
My take is that Nicho gives better support to the LM than Vincent and is O.K. defensively. Jack Smith has been a good fullback and needs to come back if fit. So I would like to see:

Brezovan.  Smith, Aljofre, Ifil, Nicho.  Comminges, Peacock, Easton, McAmee or Zaboob. Cox, Paynter.

At least we might see a few runs and pullbacks besides long hoofs and hopeful passes hoping for a mistake perhaps.

ust be the oldest
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 09:23:00 »

I never enjoy football without proper wingers who can "dribble" as we used to call it.

good job we've got sofienne zaboub then

Things get better but they never get good
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 09:24:21 »

I don't really want to go tonight but will probably end up doing so anyway.
McLovin

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 09:27:50 »

I remember the 6-0 of many moons ago, complete with Peter Thorne hat-trick (i think). I'd love that again with a Paynter trio
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 09:28:45 »

1-0 swindon. Think it will be really close scrapy game
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 09:51:19 »

Quote from: "McLovin"
I remember the 6-0 of many moons ago, complete with Peter Thorne hat-trick (i think). I'd love that again with a Paynter trio

ahhhh Peter Thorne............*swoon*
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 09:57:07 »

Was that the Deane Gorre strop sending off game? Officially my favourite sending off at the CG.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 10:00:16 »

I played Huddersfield this morning on FM, we won 4-0. Devaney, McCann and a Paynter double. It's a sign!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 10:05:52 »

I normally dream results (not necessarily the team were playing just random results).  Been a while since we have had a penalty for or against us though.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 10:07:26 »

I had a dream last night that I made my debut for Town against Leeds on Saturday on the right wing. Scored one and got booked  Cool

We lost though.

How random.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 10:09:48 »

I'm going on my own tonight - last game I went to was Carlisle away.

I wonder if they'll let me in  :?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 10:42:40 »

A classic weeknight game that was, I also remember it as they played 'oh what a night' at the end.  Happy days, I would settle for that again tonight  Cheesy .  I think we will win 2-0 tonight.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 10:45:47 »

Quote from: "Batch"

Was that the Deane Gorre strop sending off game? Officially my favourite sending off at the CG.

Gorre's hilarious departure was in 2000, whereas the 6-0 was a few years before that. We did win the Gorre game though. And it was the best sending off ever. Anywhere.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: