Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Dirty Leeds Matchday Fred.  (Read 16216 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #195 on: Sunday, March 2, 2008, 19:05:19 »

Quote from: "arriba"
Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Quote from: "arriba"
i hope dell is right.
because if he is, it will mean money would have been invested in better players than those he mentions.

hoping he is right, and thinking he is, are two different matters mind.

This is a terrible attitude to have. I know Paynter isnt everyones cup of tea. But he is a player who can be pushed to much better performances that what he gives us at the moment.

Thinking that we can just get rid of Paynter (100k), or McGovern (100k) just like that will take this club back to where we were. On the brink of collapse. We have to get the best out of what we have, buy in areas where we really do need players. Having said that, I think McNamee is a big mistake. So I suppose I am a bit of a hypocrite. But strengthen in areas the team/squad is weakest.

Weve been too hasty to disregard players who have suffered a dip in form in the past. Howard and Mooney spring to mind.

Changing 5 or 6 first teamers in the summer would be an absolute disaster. I could see us getting relegated if we let Malpas do that.

am i slating the players mentioned?no!
but if they were to be replaced by better ones i wouldn't be complaining.would you?

Theres no use having a revolving door of players however good they are. You need to get the best out of the ones you have. Get the team spirit. Get everyone aware of the tactics. Newcastle United spring to mind.
JPC82

« Reply #196 on: Sunday, March 2, 2008, 19:05:20 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Quote from: "DMR"
I think anyone who thinks someone would pay 100,000 pounds for JPM or Paynter based on their achievements here is somewhat wide of the mark anyway.

Err, thats what we payed for them.

yeah what DMR is saying is that after coming here and havent exactly been huge success' so far we arnt likely to get the same money for them which we paid.
Melksham Red

« Reply #197 on: Sunday, March 2, 2008, 20:03:11 »

I agree with Spencer and Reg in that the management team doesn't appear to be working. For one, why the fuck is Williams barking orders from the bench? At one point all three of them were shouting and gesturing, no wonder the players appear confused. In the summer either Malpas should be allowed to get his own yes men in to replace Byrne and Williams or cut our losses and get rid of the lot of them and start again. There's too many big shots there treading on each others toes. It's obvious that AW and DB think they're still running the show and need busting down a peg or fucked off completely.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, March 2, 2008, 20:27:07 »

OK I was a bit smashed but that game was so utterly bad it was unbelievable. I thought we were absolue shite today, yes we had loads of possession but it's about what you do with it, which, as we didn't score, was fuck all. One shot on target is not good enough. We were at home against a team playing very poorly. Yes they've won loads but in the last ten they've been shite. Easton should never have been played on the rifght, what was Malpas thinking? He is a good central midfielder, perhaps player of the season! Why drop Ifil? He is our best defender! Leeds were shockingly bad and yet they still managed to win, and even could have scored more on the break. Classic away performance yes, but we as the home team actually with a better form guide should not have allowed it.

Added to this I fucking hate all those glory supporters who just turn up when they fancy and go to proper supporters rah rah. Fuck off. However, as they were here, this was an ideal opprtunity to entice them in for more games, potentially convert them to come more often and to increase our revenue. We didn't. The next game they go to will be next season. This was our biggest game of the season and we were fucking terrible, as we were at Forest in another big game I was just so fucked off with that game it was unreal

On another note whilst I don't think Aljofree is a great player, I am starting to like him because he so desperately wants pur team to win. I'd also like to give credit to Roberts, who tried very hard today

here's the man himself when you need him?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #199 on: Sunday, March 2, 2008, 20:40:47 »

Ifil has been shit for his last few games, I can see why he was dropped. Pat looked good til he pulled his muscle.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, March 2, 2008, 20:42:14 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Ifil has been shit for his last few games, I can see why he was dropped. Pat looked good til he pulled his muscle.

Thank fuck for that!

I thought it was only me who thought Ifil has had a dip and deserved to be dropped!

It's All Good..............
sonic youth

« Reply #201 on: Sunday, March 2, 2008, 20:45:58 »

i agree as well and i like the look patyuka
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, March 2, 2008, 21:34:42 »

Ifil now realises he can't walk into the team anymore. I would like it if he learned how to kick a ball properly. On his day he's a defender who should be playing in the Championship, but he's never been able to kick a ball!
McLovin

« Reply #203 on: Sunday, March 2, 2008, 22:17:47 »

Why would Paynter go? He'll score goals, and is potentially our best striker.

JPM frustrates the hell out of me. When he came on, he looked like he was trying to avoid the touchline, which for a winger is stupid. he gave us no options on the right
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, March 3, 2008, 08:50:47 »

Can't fathom Zaaboubs absence as think hes done very well for us.  I'd have him in over JP anyday.

Miguel has the potential to be our most consistent player.  At this stage he gets my vote for player of the season.  Never stops running and you can guarantee he'll always do his best for us.

Paynter and Cox I think are the best pairing we have however unless we get some decent balls in to them we won't be scoring many anytime soon.

I like Allen, not scared to go in for a challenge and fitness looks good.

Kanyuka also looked very calm and composed until he got injured.

Roberts frustrates me however he got his chance and where his accuracy needs improvement, he can't be faulted for his effort.  

My biggest concern wasn't on the pitch, was more what was happening in our technical area as Im pretty sure I spotted a rather large disagreement in there.
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 12:47:02 »

I just spoke to the bloke who covered the game for Radio Leeds (without revealing my affiliations.)

His summary "Swindon were pants."

Crying

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 12:49:01 »

Quote from: "JanAageisGod"
I just spoke to the bloke who covered the game for Radio Leeds (without revealing my affiliations.)

Crying

Like I give a fuck what some scummy northern twat thinks................

It's All Good..............
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 12:49:41 »

Quote from: "JanAageisGod"

Crying

Thats Rich coming from him!  If we were pants then Leeds were utterly gash and abysmal!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 13:09:06 »

I liked the look of Kanyuka in the 20 minutes or so when he was on. I was worried everytime the ball went towards Ifil. Personally I thought he looked a liability, very surprised.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 13:18:15 »

Quote from: "Bob's Orange"
I liked the look of Kanyuka in the 20 minutes or so when he was on. I was worried everytime the ball went towards Ifil. Personally I thought he looked a liability, very surprised.

The beast was improved on saturday, athough still not back to his best. If you think he was a liability on sat, you should have seen his and Aljofree's "performance" v Wallsall!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: