Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town vs I think we are going to lose against Oldham thread.  (Read 34089 times)
land_of_bo

« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 22:19:52 »

**** OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ****

Sheepshagger is one of the nicest blokes I have ever met.

I never smoked illegal substances around his house, in fact I don't know where he lives.

I never once had sexual thoughts about his now wife.

Who is sheepshagger?

Is this Wales?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 22:32:06 »

so you smoked his crack and fucked his wife?   good work.
land_of_bo

« Reply #437 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 22:38:04 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
so you smoked his crack and fucked his wife?   good work.

No, but I thought about it.

He was bigger than me.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 22:40:26 »

Brilliant!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
cib

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 23:52:16 »

Just got back from the game.

We played ok, I'd have taken a draw before the match, but perhaps i'm a little disappointed we didn't take all 3 tonight. Team selection was strange, seeing Easton out on the right just didn't look right, but he seemed to do ok, they came down that side a few times but they didn't look too threatening in any case.

Chris Allen played alrite, few missed place passes and some blind hoofs into space where there was neither an Oldham or town player within 30 yards, but he broke up play couple times.

Paynter and Cox looked good as a partnership, Paynter played particularly well, had their Centre Back in his back pocket. If it wasn't for a terrific save from Crossley in second half he'd have scored, same in the first half. I could understand Sturrock coming on for Cox, rather than Paynter as he was more of a handful. This substitution brought a few Malpas out chants - but they were the same people slating Roberts in 20 mins who then went and set both goals up - typical Robbo.

Kanyuka and Aljofree looked good as well, back 4 looked a bit uneasy with Smith in goal - he was very indecisive with crosses all night (including warm up)  don't know whether it was the wind or what. Both their goals were mistakes - Smith punching one out and they got the rebound, and then not stopping a shot. Missed a presence in the wind - but its swings and roundabouts, Brez might not have done much better.

All in all was a good performance, deserved something from the game and did. Surprising to see everyone put in effort with Leeds on saturday. :-))(

I'm still annoyed at the fucking deluded cunts who were chanting Malpas out. get a grip.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 23:52:40 »

I still think about it - and I am married to her  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Wise men say........

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 02:46:53 »

mongs singing malpas out when we get an away draw? :?
i cannot believe how daft some of our fans are.why do we have so many clueless idiots following the club?
sonic youth

« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 07:39:54 »

Quote from: "cib"
I'm still annoyed at the fucking deluded cunts who were chanting Malpas out. get a grip.
probably the same tiny minority who sang it in the TE on saturday
Spencer_White

« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 08:17:41 »

Hopefully this is the corner turned. On the radio it sounded like we battered Oldham first half.

Im just relieved that we scored and that we had some sustained attacking play.

Seemed like there was a reaction tonight. I hold my hands up and say I was expecting us to get well beat. Seems there is a bit of life in Malpas as boss. But we had to sink so low before we got a reaction and, another strange line up.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 08:35:46 »

Happy with a pint up there

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 08:48:56 »

Quote from: "cib"
Just got back from the game.

We played ok, I'd have taken a draw before the match, but perhaps i'm a little disappointed we didn't take all 3 tonight. Team selection was strange, seeing Easton out on the right just didn't look right, but he seemed to do ok, they came down that side a few times but they didn't look too threatening in any case.

Chris Allen played alrite, few missed place passes and some blind hoofs into space where there was neither an Oldham or town player within 30 yards, but he broke up play couple times.

Paynter and Cox looked good as a partnership, Paynter played particularly well, had their Centre Back in his back pocket. If it wasn't for a terrific save from Crossley in second half he'd have scored, same in the first half. I could understand Sturrock coming on for Cox, rather than Paynter as he was more of a handful. This substitution brought a few Malpas out chants - but they were the same people slating Roberts in 20 mins who then went and set both goals up - typical Robbo.

Kanyuka and Aljofree looked good as well, back 4 looked a bit uneasy with Smith in goal - he was very indecisive with crosses all night (including warm up)  don't know whether it was the wind or what. Both their goals were mistakes - Smith punching one out and they got the rebound, and then not stopping a shot. Missed a presence in the wind - but its swings and roundabouts, Brez might not have done much better.

All in all was a good performance, deserved something from the game and did. Surprising to see everyone put in effort with Leeds on saturday. :-))(

After reading this entire thread your post is the one I was looking for - someone who went!

Im looking forward to seeing kanyuka if he plays Saturday and would prefer Brez back in goal although it sounds to me like Smithy is suffering from a slight confidence deterioration.

Glad Cox and Paynter seem to be forming a good partnership.  think when they are more established they will be fantastic up front.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 10:06:48 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Hopefully this is the corner turned. On the radio it sounded like we battered Oldham first half.

Im just relieved that we scored and that we had some sustained attacking play.

Seemed like there was a reaction tonight. I hold my hands up and say I was expecting us to get well beat. Seems there is a bit of life in Malpas as boss. But we had to sink so low before we got a reaction and, another strange line up.

I dont think the line up was that strange. He obviously needed to change things from saturday and in areas like centre mid we dont have that much to choose from.
Spud

« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 16:12:47 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Happy with a pint up there

With it being cheap ooop North for Lager/Ale then i tend to agree with you.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 17:41:23 »

Excellent report cib.

The mongs who chanted 'Malpas Out' are ...well...what can I say?...mongs.

They really do want a fucking bullet in their brains, or whatever mushy, pulpy substance they happen to have between their ears.

OK, so the team selection was a bit off the wall. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It sounds like a decent performance and it was definitely a decent result (we actually scored TWO goals in the same game) and those are the things that really matter.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Thursday, February 28, 2008, 15:50:37 »

Just seen the highlights-how is the second goal not credited to Cox?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: