Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Walsall Matchday Thingy.  (Read 15198 times)
Spud

« Reply #180 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 03:45:12 »

Quote from: "arriba"
and give us an s.

He doesn't log on here anymore but went to the game yesterday.
mrOG

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 07:38:14 »

Probably the worst Town performance for a very long time IMHO.  Players (with the exception of Paynter and Minge) looked about 5 yards off the pace.  

Walsall closed us down and exposed our lack of control of the football to feet i.e. McGovern, Roberts, McNamee...........well, when the ball wasn't flying over their heads and both Paynter and Cox were challenging for the same ball.  Hoofball must be all the rage in Wanborough these days....

Defense has gone from being solid to being v. shaky indeed.  Summed up by the 3rd goal, where Ifil misjudged the path completely and then seemed to be jogging back to tackle, rather than the speed that we know he has.

Best tackle of the day....? Cox on Holmes in open play, on our 6 yard line FFS.

I have never left a Town Game early before today but felt cheated by a team who really did not try.

To the collective team today....hope I don't see anything like that again in a very, fucking long time..... :evil:
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 08:04:14 »

Malpass out.

He's fucking boring with no passion at all.

Zaaboub should be playing as well. Mcnamee is shit. And a lightweight.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 09:17:18 »

I thought McNamee's crosses were the one or two times in the game we looked threatening. Some of his control was poor, but long balls to 5' players if never going to be a good idea.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 09:29:01 »

Just looked on Wikipedia.

McNamee is 5 foot 6 ins and was given his professional debut by Gianluca Vialli in 2002.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 13:47:26 »

It was shocking...the worst ive seen for along time,took my brother in law,hes not been in 20 years,last time he went was in the shrivvy road stand!....he wont be going again in a hurry.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #186 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 14:02:22 »

Paynter and Comminges were our two best players, really looked up for the game. Cox did as well, but he had an off day.

The freekick was a poor one to give away and Smith was nowhere near it. Little wonder when he's stood behind the wall, thus not being able to see.

Defensively we were poor. We need to work on this in training it seems. I'm going to specifically highlight Jamie Vincent, perhaps unfairly but HE IS FUCKING SHIT. I don't care about his 'organisational skills' or 'vocal ability' where the fuck have they been since his return? About one or two games he had an impact, but has since been shit. Is he physically not able to play a ball which is not a hopeful punt down the line? He doesn't even look to see what's outside on the left half the time. Once all game I saw him play a pass to the left which wasn't a hoof. McNamee was free more than once. Comminges looked good though and it is also disappointing that we play the ball to Vincent most of the time and not down the right. Why?

Midfield, again poor. Wingers had an off day, McNamee managed to put in a few decent crosses though. Centre midfield is a worry. I personally would have taken Peacock off and put Pook on around the hour mark, because they were never in the game and went missing half the time. McGovern is another player that I don't understand why he is rated so highly. A player who can't tackle, cant run and rarely is able to put in a delivery. McNamee looks a bit lightweight compared to Zaaboub. At least Sofi dives and wins free kicks Wink

Strikers worked hard, especially given the fact the rest of the team was so shit. I thought Cox tried but he had a bad day at the office. More of a fact that his touches and passes didn't come off more than anything. Paynter played really well and was unlucky to be so poorly supported.

We need to work on the basics because we can't seem to get this right. Our style of football under Malpas has not changed and neither has our inconsistency. I'm not going to jump on the anti-Malpas bandwagon because I think we were limited as a team before he took over. I do want him to get the players doing the basics right though. This is something Wise paid proper attention to and something that perhaps Sturrock took a little more for granted.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 14:20:54 »

We need a defensive coach in quickly, I've not seen us this bad defensively since we got relegated.

Pretty much echo Si's comments. I hope they were in for training today, some of them need to be dropped as well.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 14:32:12 »

Quote from: "Tails"
We need a defensive coach in quickly, I've not seen us this bad defensively since we got relegated.

Pretty much echo Si's comments. I hope they were in for training today, some of them need to be dropped as well.

quite ironic, considering how 2/3 of our managment trio were international defenders!

Things get better but they never get good
Spencer_White

« Reply #189 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 15:52:29 »

Got to get this off my chest.

That was absolutely appaulingly dire, but the signs have been there for a while. What the fuck was that?

Cant believe how shit that was. Was in shock after the game, but now just totally PISSED off with the lack of effort and mental strength from the players. What was all that FUCKING BULLSHIT in the papers about eh?

For fucks sake, go away and have a long hard look at yourselves.
Uncle Albert

« Reply #190 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 16:07:43 »

What was all that FUCKING BULLSHIT in the papers about eh?

Exactly. Monday you will hear 'bad day at the office', 'some of us didn't play well and need to perform on Tuesday', blah blah blah... fucking cut thie shit and do it cos I'm fucked off with listening to their shit when they dish out the crap they did this weekend.  If i performed like that at work, I would be fired.  

All this 'we shall be working on hard on the training ground', well as far as I see it, since Malpas has been working hard on the training ground it looks like th players havent trained for months and don't even know each other.  It took us 90 mintues to get a shoit on target, following on from Forest when we had er nil shots in target.

I'm hardly inspired by Malpas' new arrivals.  If this is anything to go by, then we're in for a cracking summer. He can't have too many contacts in the English game??? Give him til the end of the season, but if they are goin to dish that crap out over the next few games, I think he should be fired.  Not sure Fitton would be the sort to fire managers though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 17:02:25 »

Quote from: "Uncle Albert"

What was all that FUCKING BULLSHIT in the papers about eh?

Exactly. Monday you will hear 'bad day at the office', 'some of us didn't play well and need to perform on Tuesday', blah blah blah... fucking cut thie shit and do it cos I'm fucked off with listening to their shit when they dish out the crap they did this weekend.  If i performed like that at work, I would be fired.  

All this 'we shall be working on hard on the training ground', well as far as I see it, since Malpas has been working hard on the training ground it looks like th players havent trained for months and don't even know each other.  It took us 90 mintues to get a shoit on target, following on from Forest when we had er nil shots in target.

I'm hardly inspired by Malpas' new arrivals.  If this is anything to go by, then we're in for a cracking summer. He can't have too many contacts in the English game??? Give him til the end of the season, but if they are goin to dish that crap out over the next few games, I think he should be fired.  Not sure Fitton would be the sort to fire managers though.

Fitton appointed  Malpas if he can't see his error then he needs to go as well....what has changed since he came in...nothing....still no red seats, still no chicken wings in the TE ....still blown bulbs in the floodlights.  At least when Diamandis was running the club, we could have a decent protest.

What's Bill Power doing?
figgis

« Reply #192 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 19:24:04 »

i think we even looked shit in the pre match warm up.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #193 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 19:26:34 »

i demand 3 points tuesday and at least 2 shots on target against leeds.
Uncle Albert

« Reply #194 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 19:46:57 »

i demand 3 points tuesday and at least 2 shots on target against leeds.

lets hope the opposition score a few own goals for us then!!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: