Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where and why  (Read 18732 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:57:37 »

Come on then Macca you nosey git, what are you reasons for supporting the Town?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:58:48 »

Quote from: "red macca"
i was at that with my old man.On that seasons video you can see me behind the goal Cool

Drove up in my dads capri

Always wanted a Capri when I was younger....................

It's All Good..............
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 14:00:59 »

my mum's from Surrey and me dad is Northen Irish, but i was born in Swindon so i support the town.
red macca

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 14:01:38 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Come on then Macca you nosey git, what are you reasons for supporting the Town?
family were all city and man utd fans , my first ever game was against Chelsea I think when I was four after that I joined the junior robins and didn’t look back after that
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 14:01:53 »

I love this thread its so interesting

I was born in Swindon but Grew up in Calne - my Grampy supported Swindon and so did my dad

My dad took me and my sister to Wembley in 93 on a coach trip with Goatacre cricket club and that was it Ive been going ever since  

incidently my mum is not from Calne - hates football especially swindon town and my dad  Soapy Tit Wank
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 14:09:48 »

Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"
hates football especially swindon town and my dad  Soapy Tit Wank

how ace !
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 14:13:26 »

Dad's family Scottish - mostly Jambo's apart from my Grandad and Dad (who as you probably already know are Hi-bees).

Mum's family Londoners, Grandad was a Leyton Orient/West Ham fan back in the day, but moved to Carterton and had an unhealthy interest in Oxford (my nan still likes to see them do well, so whenever I see her i always ask her how they got on - she replies she doesn't know - so I reply they lost, they're now non league nan, they're that bad...)

I grew up in Calne, went to my first town match in 86, Jimmy Allan's testimonial v Chelsea, went off and on for a few years until my brother could drive then went most weeks from 91.

Gave up when McMahon turned up, then started going a little from 98 (every now and then), then came back properly under Kingy.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 14:15:22 »

No-one at out school supported Swindon except you and Ian though Jan - all the girls in my year were jealous of me cause Ian used to say hello to em cause he knew I supported Swindon  Soapy Tit Wank
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 14:22:20 »

My dad's side of the family are all from Alton in Hampshire but my nan and gramp moved here when my gramp left the army in the 70's. My dad's a Chelsea supporter (spit) and my gramp supported and played for Southampton, growing up in Alton they were his local club.

My mum's side of the family have lived in Purton for at least 4 generations. None of them football fans.

I have my uncle (on my mum's side) to thank for getting me into supporting Swindon. He has been going since the late 70's, was (and still is to some extent) a bit of a lad. I think Spencer White probably knows him. He used to take me in the early 90's when you used to get kids in for free on an adult season ticket and then when it was kid for a quid.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 14:25:21 »

Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"
No-one at out school supported Swindon except you and Ian though Jan - all the girls in my year were jealous of me cause Ian used to say hello to em cause he knew I supported Swindon  Soapy Tit Wank

Don't tell Ian that he'll be back in Calne before you know it trying to find these "jealous" girls, in an Escott style.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 14:32:18 »

I was born in Kent, Dad was born in Devizes. First game in 91 vs Southend at Roots Hall. We lost.
sonic youth

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 14:51:58 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Mum's family Londoners, Grandad was a Leyton Orient/West Ham fan back in the day, but moved to Carterton and had an unhealthy interest in Oxford
carterton seems to be a hot bed of STFC support
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 14:53:01 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"
I was born in Oxford JR overlooking the old Manor Ground, so I supported Swindon

Same as.And i'm not ashamed about it either,after all wasn't really a lot i could do about it was there  Tongue

My Grandad was from Pewsey and my Dad was born in Savernake forest,so there is a bit of Wiltshire blood in me at least.Although  there is Berkshire and Oxfordshire in the mix as well.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 14:59:25 »

i'm swindon born and bred.as are my parents and both theirs exept my fathers dad who was a londoner.
my grandad ie mums dad was the only town fan in the family.he died when i was 3 so have no memory of him. my cousins on that side are town fans and they introduced me to stfc as a 11 year old.until then i was a liverpool fanatic.
but i was hooked and its been stfc ever since.will be forever
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 15:03:03 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "janaage"
Mum's family Londoners, Grandad was a Leyton Orient/West Ham fan back in the day, but moved to Carterton and had an unhealthy interest in Oxford
carterton seems to be a hot bed of STFC support

Isn't that a really really rough area or am I thinking of somewhere else?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: