Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Cheltenham something or other Matchday thread  (Read 15826 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 08:57:59 »

That celebration was embarrassing  Oops I too was in the Town end so didn't get to see it live,must have amused the Cheltenham fans though  Soapy Tit Wank

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 08:59:39 »

From a Cheltenham Forum:

Just got home, match was a disaster. Started well and confidently, but first goal completely knocked us off balance. Wright and Russell, our two best passers, were horrendously shite.

Match and performance aside though, the away support was incredible tonight. Reasonable numbers, but those who were there were spot on all game. Never stopped singing, and Swindon fans were out sung all ends up.

Obviously it won't be like that every game, but if we can lean towards that positive attitude rather then our more consistent booing and slating stance, then we will be moving in the right direction.

We deserved more from the side tonight, but there have been several occasions when the players have deserved more from us.

I'm pretty certain that i'm not being bias when I say our away support today was better than any i've seen at Whaddon this season.

Was proud to be a Cheltenham fan today.

Support incredible?  Are they having a laugh?  
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 09:09:43 »

What is the deal with Cox..have I missed something, why is he not available for Forest  ??
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 09:10:18 »

"I'm pretty certain that i'm not being bias when I say our away support today was better than any i've seen at Whaddon this season."

what like the 2000 Swindon fans earlier in the season?  what a cock
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 09:11:17 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
What is the deal with Cox..have I missed something, why is he not available for Forest  ??

5th Yellow at Huddersfield.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 09:14:21 »

WTF?! Proud to be a Cheltenham fan? Is that what you call leaving with 10 minutes to go? And sitting down in silence for the majority of the second half?

Err... reality check!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 09:22:28 »

Suppport was shit all round last night. It was a tuesday night, most people seeme interested in talking and the singing had no cohesion, save a couple of times. Wasn't really arsed about it either, I only joined in half the time and then gave up the times when the songs went out of sync (pretty quickly).

I couldn't really hear Cheltenham apart from that fecking drum. They could have properly sung us out of the County Ground if they wanted to, but I guess when you bring the majority of your home support to a local game you're always going to get teh sorts that don't sing at all.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 09:26:43 »

Tuesdays are always a bit dead and I still maintain its down to the fact theres less beer time for most!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 09:38:02 »

I think that doesn't help, although I think it's more to do with on Saturday games you get to look forward to all week and obviously you have the end of week release for most after a week of work. People tend to be abit more hyper because of that.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:18:35 »

Althugoh I'm not a great fan, Paynter was MOM for me followed by MacNamee and Pook. I didn't think MacNamee would amount to much but he had a great game last night. That whipped cross in the second half was superb. Thank God JPM has moved out of the centre.
I must admit I thought JPM was crap last night. His delivery was really poor apart from one in the first half. Jerel was also not at his best.
Overall a good 3-0 win though. I think MacNamee saw off the first right back and Roberts the second one.
sonic youth

« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:32:53 »

this season i've missed four home games. two 3-0 victories, one 4-0 win and one 5-0 win

harsh.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:35:49 »

how come you missed it when you were in the pub beforehand ?
red macca

« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:39:19 »

Harsh but slightly amusing
sonic youth

« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:42:43 »

i bled to death
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:47:58 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
i bled to death