Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What would you do next?  (Read 6786 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 19:10:48 »

Not sure  there is much that  can be done, other than trying for a  loan midfielder.

I would atttempt to try and park a bus in front of the Bormuff goal.

So.....

Code:
                 Book

Garrard    O"hanlon   Heywood    Nicho

OOlet

Roberts/Igoe    Pook   Turbo   Duke

Parkin

Garrard for Jenkins, because it enables the dream team of Book Pook Luke and Duke........but will probably end in sick
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 19:21:09 »

Reg. that formation is working well for everton, ok alot of there wins are 1-0 but a win is a win at the moment isn't it?

i think the main thing about using the above is players keeping in position, they did a feature on the everton team on MOTD and the way you can see 4-1-4 with carsley infront of the defence making it tough to get that through ball in. Would be intresting to see us have a go but i have a feeling we would lose shape to quickly. We need a bit of team spirit dashed with a bit of luck to  Smiley

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 19:24:11 »

You need to be able to win and hold onto the ball with that formation, something we're simply incapable of doing. Sadly formation won't change this whatsoever and it's down to personnel.
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 19:26:09 »

Just go conventional 4-4-2 ffs. It's the only thing that will suit us right now without Jerel. Tough on Garrard but he should miss out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 19:30:38 »

Above all else we need some graft.....I've seen Pook in the reserves and he's not great, but having Turbo and Hewlett in there would help and he'll probably work his nuts off, given a chance.

It works for Everton, because  Cahill is one of those clever players....(Peters, Platt) who can arrive in the box unnoticed.

We haven't got such a player, but Roberts could get a free role behind Parkin.
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 19:34:44 »

Unfortunately though Reg, Roberts seems the sort of bloke his isn't gonna run his nuts off for anyone.
Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 23:58:58 »

If you have a non commanding goal keeper it makes the defence nervous as fluck. But King got it all wrong not the players. When they got the ball we did well. We couldn't get it back
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: