Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1st odi  (Read 3772 times)
sonic youth

« on: Saturday, February 9, 2008, 00:45:33 »

tonight at 1am. or this morning at 1am. whatever it starts in 15 mins.

bopara comes in for masceranhas which seems a little harsh
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 9, 2008, 00:47:01 »

It's fucking mental is what it is.
Peter Moores is a knob though so what do you expect?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 9, 2008, 09:44:33 »

we should just pretend there's only 20 overs, we get much better scores.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 9, 2008, 10:59:48 »

Stuart Broad MOTM and the pick of a bad bunch really. 3 highest score with the bat (only 18 but that shows how poor we played) and 3-26 with the ball. So the only one to emerge with any credit in my eyes.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 9, 2008, 13:54:17 »

Very dissapointing,every time i think weve cracked it,its back to square one!
fatbury

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 9, 2008, 14:03:00 »

why did i stay up and watch a couple of hours of this  Sad
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 10, 2008, 11:10:43 »

Quote from: "DMR"

that seems a pretty immature and naive comment when you consider that it is geoff miller who has the final say on selection

bopara's played some pretty big innings for england over the last year in ODIs so i can understand why they went that way
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 13:48:50 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

that seems a pretty immature and naive comment when you consider that it is geoff miller who has the final say on selection

bopara's played some pretty big innings for england over the last year in ODIs so i can understand why they went that way

No, you're wrong there. Moore's reverted to the team that played in Sri Lanka, which as I'm sure you know as you're a fucking know-it-all, this was before Miller was appointed.

I think you'll also find that Bopara didn't even make a 30 in ODIs on that tour and was out in single figures as many times as he got into double figures... hardly worthy of a recall in Dimi's place.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 15:20:36 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

No, you're wrong there. Moore's reverted to the team that played in Sri Lanka, which as I'm sure you know as you're a fucking know-it-all, this was before Miller was appointed.

I think you'll also find that Bopara didn't even make a 30 in ODIs on that tour and was out in single figures as many times as he got into double figures... hardly worthy of a recall in Dimi's place.

paragraph 1 - surely it's miller that's reverted to the team that played in sri lanka? is that really a nonsensical option when beating sri lanka in sri lanka is no mean feat?

paragraph 2 - the problem with england's odi cricket for the past fifteen years are knee-jerk selection changes after one bad series. i like them showing a bit of consistency in selection
sonic youth

« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 19:20:06 »

dimi didn't do much wrong in the 2020's, he's in form with bat and ball and is better with the ball than bopara who won't have played since the sri lanka series.

juust seems odd to me
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: