Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2nd odi  (Read 4094 times)
sonic youth

« on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 07:42:35 »

oh dear Sad

a ten wicket defeat.
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 08:18:14 »

Brendon McCullum is ace  Cool
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 08:28:47 »

bloody AWFUL!

Moores should be sacked .. get Warnie in as coach
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 08:36:54 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
bloody AWFUL!

Moores should be sacked .. get Warnie in as coach

So Moores tells them to go out and bat like twats then? Piss poor application by so called top players not coaching by Moores caused this fuck up and the players should be the ones getting the grief.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 09:05:54 »

knee-jerk reactions are always the best

Things get better but they never get good
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 09:10:56 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
knee-jerk reactions are always the best

With Fatbury the emphasis is on Jerk

DMR

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 09:17:22 »

I can't shed the feeling that Moores is a bit of McLaren... excellent domestic pedigree and probably a very good coach, but perhaps the top job is one too far? Seems a bit pally with the players like Macca did, as well.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 09:45:05 »

You might be right Dave, It think that it was quoted on the TV this weekend that the players should fear and respect the coach in any sport .

sonic youth

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 09:46:52 »

i can't quite grasp our inconsistency - two massive defeats in a row excepted, that's pretty consistent. we did well in the tests over the summer then won the odi series in sri lanka but performed poorly in the test series.
Lumps

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 10:48:45 »

Could someone explain how the fuck we can score more runs in the two 20/20 games than we do in the two 50 over games?

Even allowing for the fact that in the second ODI the number of overs was reduced it's still a bit fucking pathetic.

BAH! :x
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 13:35:32 »

Quote from: "Lumps"
Could someone explain how the fuck we can score more runs in the two 20/20 games than we do in the two 50 over games?

Even allowing for the fact that in the second ODI the number of overs was reduced it's still a bit fucking pathetic.

BAH! :x

Because they win a few 20 over games and think they are all the next swashbuckling KP or Freddie or Afridi etc. They need to learn how to adapt to different games.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 14:41:44 »

Back to the usual England that we've all come to expect  Sad I'm used to us losing but we have been stuffed both times,wouldn't have been so bad but they got my hopes up by winning the 20/20 games so well.Should have trusted my instincts and not read so much into the outcome of those matches,you can't read anything into 20/20 games,they are just slash and dash games.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Scot Munroe

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 23:01:38 »

I am afraid Fatters, Warney is becoming a Poker player in america, so he won't be able to forefill is coaching duties. Why ain't Dimi Mascheranes(SP) players because his style of bowling would really help in the 50 over game as it did in 20-20. Drop Bopara and play Dimi. Today's game we just collapsed after the rain break losing 2 wickets in 2 balls. The Collingwood and Cook runout's where just riduclous.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 17:21:48 »

Quote from: "DMR"
I can't shed the feeling that Moores is a bit of McLaren... excellent domestic pedigree and probably a very good coach, but perhaps the top job is one too far? Seems a bit pally with the players like Macca did, as well.

i think that's the way a coach in cricket should be - and always has been.

i think there's some confusion here between a coach's role in cricket and a manager's role in football. they are not the same.

the captain is the boss in all ways that a manager is in football. except now there are two bosses (albeit with clearly defined roles) with geoff miller as national selector

if you can't confide in your coach then how are you going to iron out technical issues when things go rough
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 14, 2008, 09:36:08 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Quote from: "DMR"

i think that's the way a coach in cricket should be - and always has been.

i think there's some confusion here between a coach's role in cricket and a manager's role in football. they are not the same.

the captain is the boss in all ways that a manager is in football. except now there are two bosses (albeit with clearly defined roles) with geoff miller as national selector

if you can't confide in your coach then how are you going to iron out technical issues when things go rough

All hail the cricket sage Boeta.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: