Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RIP TUMDFC  (Read 9003 times)
redbullzeye

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 5, 2008, 23:15:55 »

Gone but not forgotten.  On the last thread on TUMDFC, mention was made of how much it cost to keep the TEF going and how Whits was stumping up out of his own pocket most of the time (it's £60 a month).  Rightly IMHO, the vast majority voted for the remaining TUMDFC balance to go to fund TEF but I was wondering whether we could come up with a plan to share the load in the future.  I'm away from home for most of the week and this site is the only place I value when it come to keeping in touch with what's going on. I appreciate there will be some who can't contribute and that's fair enough.  What do you reckon?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2008, 23:18:08 »

I say we start fining lurkers  Cheesy
Sussex

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2008, 23:36:26 »

Quote from: "axs"
I say we start fining lurkers  Cheesy

Oi leave Lloyd out of this!  Smiley

Seriously though, if 10 or so regulars chucked a fiver a month in, it would help Whits fund this forum/circus/mental home no end.

I'm happy to contribute to anything that's decided.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2008, 23:37:50 »

doesn't even need to be that much, even if the top fifty gave a quid each a month it would pretty much cover it.
sonic youth

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2008, 23:43:00 »

i don't think whits has the time nor inclination to do anything with the forums now. i was planning to take it off his hands but i can't find a job. either way, i don't want to either.

to the best of my knowledge, the forum needs moving to new hosting. personally i think it'd be worthwhile upgrading the forum software, but everyone would go spare if they lost their posts etc.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2008, 23:44:40 »

Maybe we could get Ben to do a sponsored shave his head thing with your beard trimmer attachment
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2008, 23:46:52 »

If 365 people gave 2 quid they could be entitled to nominate one day a year as their day and everyone has to agree with and worship them for 24 hours  Cheesy
Sussex

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2008, 23:51:10 »

Quote from: "axs"
doesn't even need to be that much, even if the top fifty gave a quid each a month it would pretty much cover it.

I understand where you're coming from, but realistically there isn't 50 posters that would commit to giving £1 a month on a regular basis.

Getting 10 mugs on a fiver a month is much more manageable. 9 to go then..

Not my call, so up to the powers that be.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2008, 23:52:54 »

Who's going to sort out the payment to the host, the hosting and the running of the site?

I think they're the main issues. People will pay if they knew what was going on with it etc.
sonic youth

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2008, 00:05:33 »

realistically there is nobody on here with the knowledge, patience and time to dedicate to it properly.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2008, 00:14:09 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
realistically there is nobody on here with the knowledge, patience and time to dedicate to it properly.

true, I can offer only a bit of cash now and then. wouldn't have a clue or the time for the rest of it.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2008, 00:29:08 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

This sounds a little apocalyptic!  If we carry on as we are what's going to happen??
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2008, 00:34:31 »

Couldn't a few people run it as a collaboration. I'm sure between a few of us it would be manageable.

All I was alluding to before was that we'll need to think about these things because Whits isn't able to run it really. Obviously the money is an issue, just not the only one.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2008, 00:58:34 »

I'm in a lyrical mood tonight............

When you go will you send back
A letter from America?
Take a look up the railtrack
From Miami to Canada

Sonic no more
Oevil no more
Ralphy no more
Sussex no more
Birdy no more
Lady no more
Si Pie no more
Flammable no more
Fred no more
Mex no more
Reg no more
Axs no more
Fatbury no more
Bart no more
Gazza no more
Macca no more
Pumbaa no more
Bullzeye no more
Pauld no more
Samdy no more
BarryS no more
Reeves no more
tans no more
PHIL!!! no more
Ms Angry no more
Jayohaitchen no more
Janaage no more
NMH no more
Arriba no more
JFW no more...this is getting stupid and apologies to those I've missed I'm doing it all from memory, I'm pissed and I can't type all night but you get my point - I;ll sit down with anyone to sort out what we do next
flammableBen

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2008, 01:05:24 »

I previously said I'd run it with Sonic, but it was when I had a job. I love the tef, but in all honesty I don't spend the time on here that I used to.

I do want to be involved though. And would consider taking the whole thing in my name if there was promised donations and stuff. But to be honest sorting the whole thing out, finding a better host etc. seems like a bit of effort and I'm basically lazy.

Also, the Tef has managed to start a few shitstorms over the last year. I know "politics" with the club have died down with the new owners, but it's still something to take responsibility for.

I'm not good on responsibility.

Oh and lastly. I doubt I'd be anybody's choice to take over the TEF anyway. Not on my own. I'd just get drunk and ban everybody who's name didn't begin with a b or an s or an f or other letters or something.

And I'd probably spend all the donation money on fags and white ace.

That's fB's manifesto for the future of the TEF.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: