Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Le match today  (Read 1306 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:16:35 »

Soz for the new thread, but Iv'e gotta sleep soon.

So todays much was a bit shite, what I wanna know is: Was it just one of those games, or is Malpas not cutting it?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:17:24 »

One of those games deffinitly :advercool:

/
W56196272
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:18:48 »

one of those games. both teams were shite and cancelled each other ouyt

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:19:01 »

both sides were wank.we have, and will do much better.a draw was fair
sonic youth

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:19:22 »

i don't see much difference between byrne and malpas but it's early days yet, not fair to judge until he's had a little more time.

i do think today was an anomaly though.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:23:06 »

Not Malpas, I can sleep now, cheers Gents.

I have been BR for the night and I am wishing youse a goodnight.
(Catchy, maybe I should be on TV)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:28:26 »

byrne seems to be the boss anyway :?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 01:48:18 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
i don't see much difference between byrne and malpas but it's early days yet, not fair to judge until he's had a little more time.

i do think today was an anomaly though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e5/PrimevalEpisodeOne2.jpg
That would explain a lot. That was where their defender came from to block Peacock's shot. Shit Primeval joke aside, erm, what everyone else said - crap game, both sides at fault, but not necessarily one to worry about as part of a trend if that's what you mean other than not being able to string two good games together, although I suspect tiredness plays a part. Ball stuck on the dugout was one of the highlights.
neville w

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 08:21:35 »

Poor performance by us, lucky to get a point, thought Cobblers tried to play some good passing football with plenty of movement.

Don't see what Moses gives us on that showing, McGovern and Roberts poor, Peacock kept us in the midfield, Sturrock ran his socks off, Don't see what McNamee gives us that Zaaboub can't.

We miss Easton badly, Corr starting to look even more of a sick note. Defence did ok, but where was Brezovan for the goal ?
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 08:38:19 »

We were missing our 3 first choice forwards (including Corr getting injured so early on), and our best central midfielder and it showed. Whether Malpas is any good or not is difficult to say with his options limited to that extent.

We really need a decent central midfielder on loan as a priority, I just don't think McGovern cuts it in that position and the other options are pretty limited.

What I would have liked to have seen yesterday would have been Peacock pushed up front to try and win some aerial balls, and Pook brought into the middle, It looked like the sort of game where Pook might have coped as he does have the ability to scrap and spoil in the midfield. That said Peaks was invaluable in the midfield and we needed him there too. We just didn't have the options available to us.

And how much does Akinfenwa weigh? The guy looks like Barry White at the moment. Ideal target man though, you can't miss him!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: