Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Bollocks Matchday Thread.  (Read 15926 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 20:18:48 »

I think the main issue with Saturday was the sheer size of the Northampton team, which we were unable to deal with all game.  Add in the fact not winning many 1st balls meant we cleared a lot while under pressure and it ultimately ended up in long balls to clear the lines providing little in the way of decent possession.  Their goal was merely a matter of the law of averages, they won so many headers it was almost inevitable they'd win one that mattered.

A point gained in my book and we can and will perform better.  Nicely positioned in the league all things considered and still keeping up the unbeaten run.  2 years ago we'd have been dicked.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 21:34:15 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Zaaboub's and Brez's individual errors are things I'd expect Malpas to work with them on so they don't happen again.
He should have a word with Comminges too - he was the one who didn't pick up his man in the box.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 21:34:15 »

Zaaboub's and Brez's individual errors are things I'd expect Malpas to work with them on so they don't happen again.
He should have a word with Comminges too - he was the one who didn't pick up his man in the box.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 21:56:36 »

Quote from: "santini"

To me it just looked like Comminges wasn't strong enough to cope with him. Akinfenwa held him off with one arm and headed home, it was far too easy for him. Had Ifil, or even Aljofree, been marking Akinfenwa I don't think we'd have had the problem.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Friday, February 8, 2008, 11:17:27 »

Anone know what the white shirts they wore when they were warming up were for?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Friday, February 8, 2008, 11:43:20 »

Yeah it was for "Callums Appeal".

http://www.callumsappeal.co.uk/
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Friday, February 8, 2008, 11:44:18 »

yes - that little boy that has a brain tumor that they are trying to raise money to send him to America for surgery

A man in my row got one off the players
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Friday, February 8, 2008, 12:40:55 »

Ah right.
Cheers for that.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: