Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Bollocks Matchday Thread.  (Read 15923 times)
red macca

« Reply #195 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 17:48:31 »

Quote from: "redbullzeye"
I couldn't give a monkeys what he does off the field, as long as he performs on the day, unfortunately he cost us two points on Saturday.

Why? Was he supposed to be marking "The Fridge"? If Brez didn't stay rooted to his line for anything other than routine crosses , he would have cleared that cross. The Boob wasn't the only person to needlessly give the ball away - Vincent did it all game and McGovern never got near enough to the ball to give it away!
Zaboub gave the ball away for the corner, im not slating him just pointing out facts. Was Brez on his line for that save in the first min aswell
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 17:51:02 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "fatbury"
what are you on about?? Zaaboub was miles better than MacNamee
No he wasn’t , its not just what you do with the ball its what you do without it aswell and mcnamee is a better outlet than Zaboub imo .

First time I've seen Macnamee.  I'd like to see him when he's match fit, the pitch is not muddy and the ref stops defenders fouling him at every opportunity. I reckon he's one to watch
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 17:54:22 »

Quote from: "redbullzeye"
I couldn't give a monkeys what he does off the field, as long as he performs on the day, unfortunately he cost us two points on Saturday.

Why? Was he supposed to be marking "The Fridge"? If Brez didn't stay rooted to his line for anything other than routine crosses , he would have cleared that cross. The Boob wasn't the only person to needlessly give the ball away - Vincent did it all game and McGovern never got near enough to the ball to give it away!
Zaboub gave the ball away for the corner, im not slating him just pointing out facts. Was Brez on his line for that save in the first min aswell

He took a load of crosses but they almost went straight to him  Brez is one of my favourites but he seems nervy at the moment
sonic youth

« Reply #198 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 17:57:25 »

i really can't understand how people can hold zaaboub responsible for a goal that was conceded from a set piece, even if he was responsible for losing the ball. it's not as if he let akinfenwa get a free header and didn't come off his line, is it?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 17:59:50 »

goal was brez's fault for going on a waltz round the 6 yard box, and whoever was supposed to be marking akinfenwa.

Things get better but they never get good
dell boy

« Reply #200 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 18:20:09 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
goal was brez's fault for going on a waltz round the 6 yard box, and whoever was supposed to be marking akinfenwa.

Brez was at fault for the cross, no doubt, he was brave and faultless up until that time.
But it all resulted from Zaaboub trying to be flashy down the line, he had so many better options, hold the ball, kick the ball into row Z or just knock it down the line; he gave away possession needlessly, the flick was not an option to try when we were 1-0 up, simple as that.
dell boy

« Reply #201 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 18:21:24 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"

Brez was at fault for the cross, no doubt, he was brave and faultless up until that time.
But it all resulted from Zaaboub trying to be flashy down the line, he had so many better options, hold the ball, kick the ball into row Z or just knock it down the line; he gave away possession needlessly, the flick was not an option to try when we were 1-0 up, simple as that.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 18:27:04 »

it was a bit reckless i'l give you that. But in between him giving the ball away and them scoring who charged down there bloke who shot. Why was that bloke even allowed to have a shot in the first place. And corners are easy (in theory) to defend. You stick your best header against theirs. I dont know who was meant to be marking akinfenwa, but he certainly should have done better than he did.

Im no great fan of zaboub, but its harsh to criticise him for the goal. If it was lee peacock or craig easton (if he was playing) who gave the ball away then the goal would of magically become brez's fault, which it was.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #203 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 18:32:05 »

It was the whole team's fault for failing to clear their lines properly and keep the ball in the other half when under pressure.

Yes, Zaaboub made the error that led to the corner. It could have easily been someone else who messed that up though. Brez was at fault for the goal too.

All in all it was a shocking team effort, especially towards the end of the match. Laying the blame on individuals is stupid as it detracts away from that fact.

Zaaboub's and Brez's individual errors are things I'd expect Malpas to work with them on so they don't happen again.
Barry Scott

« Reply #204 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 18:35:39 »

I've just trawled through a load of this thread. hmmm, alot of bollocks is one wa of putting it.

I find it amusing how people refer to the townend booing, then purely out of spite, stupidity or just ignorance, people make wild statements about players without much foundation; it's the same kind of thick as fuck mentality.

We weren't great and some of our players were off their game. It happens, this is league 1 FFS. If 'Boub and 'Berts were on form all the time they would not play for us. They play at this level because they can't hold their game at one level for months on end. No?

If you hate a player you see them play shit you feel vindicated and happy. If you like a player or believe they're good, you see them make a mistake when  something doesn't come off. That's life. - You don't shoot, you don't score. You don't ask, you don't get. You don't try, you don't fail. At least some people have a fucking go.

IMAO they're both worth their weight in gold. We dropped 2 points, so what, we're not fucking going down are we?

Jesus fucking christ. Yes it felt like a loss, i'd already believed it was won too, but in hindsight we looked like losing, so i see it as a point gained.

Oh and someone said we were cruising until they scored?! What?! I don't know what game they saw, but there was no "cruising" in the one i saw. Apart from about 20 minutes it was very much backs against the wall, which just goes to show we all see a different game.

I'm sick to the back teeth of constant fucking whinging and moaning. It's almost as bad as the booing in my eyes. See the positive side for a change, it won't fucking kill you. :exasperated:  Cheesy
dell boy

« Reply #205 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 18:36:29 »

Difference being of course Dave, neither Easton or Peacock would have tried the flick.
I know what you are saying though, with Zaaboub when it comes off well then its brilliant and the roar rolls around the stadium.
There is just a time and a place to try those little flicks, as skilful as he is, this was not the time,  just a couple of minutes to go play it safe.

I was pretty frustrated on Saturday, we put 10 men behind the ball most of the game, so when we won possession there was no option to break quickly, on the occasion when Zaaboub lost possession we actually committed four players forward leaving gaps at the back, we should be just seeing out  the game. Another reason why Zaaboub's option was wrong.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 18:40:49 »

Difference being of course Dave, neither Easton or Peacock would have tried the flick.

It doesn't have to be a fancy flick to give the ball away. A misplaced pass or a heavy first touch would have had just the same effect.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 19:03:27 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
I've just trawled through a load of this thread. hmmm, alot of bollocks is one wa of putting it.

I find it amusing how people refer to the townend booing, then purely out of spite, stupidity or just ignorance, people make wild statements about players without much foundation; it's the same kind of thick as fuck mentality.

We weren't great and some of our players were off their game. It happens, this is league 1 FFS. If 'Boub and 'Berts were on form all the time they would not play for us. They play at this level because they can't hold their game at one level for months on end. No?

If you hate a player you see them play shit you feel vindicated and happy. If you like a player or believe they're good, you see them make a mistake when  something doesn't come off. That's life. - You don't shoot, you don't score. You don't ask, you don't get. You don't try, you don't fail. At least some people have a fucking go.

IMAO they're both worth their weight in gold. We dropped 2 points, so what, we're not fucking going down are we?

Jesus fucking christ. Yes it felt like a loss, i'd already believed it was won too, but in hindsight we looked like losing, so i see it as a point gained.

Oh and someone said we were cruising until they scored?! What?! I don't know what game they saw, but there was no "cruising" in the one i saw. Apart from about 20 minutes it was very much backs against the wall, which just goes to show we all see a different game.

I'm sick to the back teeth of constant fucking whinging and moaning. It's almost as bad as the booing in my eyes. See the positive side for a change, it won't fucking kill you. :exasperated:  Cheesy

Yep.

I agree with that. Some people (well quite a lot actually) are overly critical. There are also some that find it hard to be objective because they are so wrapped up with STFC. I think that's true accross the board though. I think all clubs' fans are, in the main, overly critical and need to take a step back/smell the coffee/relax/get out more and so on and so forth.

As you rightly say, the team cannot be world beaters every game. That's why they're in League 1. Likewise, Roberts and Zaaboub and others cannot be world beaters every game. That's why they play for a League 1 team.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion (well that's what they say. I'm not sure I necessarily agree but that's beside the point :? ) A lot of the comments about certain players though, are completely OTT in my humble opinion.
red macca

« Reply #208 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 19:08:09 »

The thing is ost alot of people are also quick to jump on your back for posting your own opinion, I believe Zaboub was for fault along with Brez i dont think they are cunmts though and i wont boo them does not mean i deserve to have to read Barry Scotts fucking essay though Cheesy
Barry Scott

« Reply #209 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 20:00:43 »

The thing is ost alot of people are also quick to jump on your back for posting your own opinion, I believe Zaboub was for fault along with Brez i dont think they are cunmts though and i wont boo them does not mean i deserve to have to read Barry Scotts fucking essay though Cheesy

They were at fault, but someone is in almost every game. That's the way it is and i'm only trying to say, in a long and drawn out way, that people should chill a bit . Besides, I wrote it just for you, i know how you appreciate me and my nonsense.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: