Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Bollocks Matchday Thread.  (Read 16135 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, February 2, 2008, 23:25:02 »

Quote from: "dell boy"
Quote from: "Summerof69"
In a perfect world, we would perform like we did against Forest, but it's not going to happen. You're going to have games like today, where it's a tight scrappy match, but at the end of the day, we've continued our unbeaten run, and still only six points off the play-offs, with two games in hand.

Couldn't agree more, it wasn't pretty, its a point gained not two lost. I think all the hype towards this weekend just deflated us all when we found out Cox wasn't playing

And also our other main striker goes down injured in the opening ten minutes...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, February 2, 2008, 23:26:06 »

In a perfect world, we would perform like we did against Forest, but it's not going to happen. You're going to have games like today, where it's a tight scrappy match, but at the end of the day, we've continued our unbeaten run, and still only six points off the play-offs, with two games in hand.

Couldn't agree more, it wasn't pretty, its a point gained not two lost. I think all the hype towards this weekend just deflated us all when we found out Cox wasn't playing

And also our other main striker goes down injured AGAIN in the opening ten minutes...
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, February 2, 2008, 23:32:12 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

And also our other main striker goes down injured AGAIN in the opening ten minutes...

Barry Corr...our very own 'sicknote'...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #153 on: Saturday, February 2, 2008, 23:53:06 »

I think we've got to put this into context. At the start of the season if you told me we'd be comfortable mid table I'd have snatched your hand off. If you told me the Greek and his friends had fucked off, I'd have been in heaven. Its all change - the mangerial team is all change, a lot of players have changed, off the pitch its all changed.
Yes today was crap but I'd expect a lot of inconsistency while things bed down. The main thing is to get a lot of crap out of the way this season so next season we can really go for it.
I thought Peacock was MOM. While i'm a big Vincent fan, he was crap today. JPM I really don't like - he's a luxury player. We really do miss Easton and a creative partner for him is a real priority. As someone else said Moses is a latter day Onion Bhaji. God was Roberts crap today.
Basically crap today but I still remain really optimisistic about tomorrow.
sonic youth

« Reply #154 on: Saturday, February 2, 2008, 23:57:21 »

our fans boo everytime we don't win. it's absurd but i've gone past caring - it's the same with people moaning about sturrock and zaaboub everytime they make the slightest errors.

i must have seen a different game to most because i thought zaaboub did well when he came on. i'm not sure it's fair to blame him for the goal considering it didn't look like a corner and he's never going to be key at defending set pieces. nevertheless, i was in the town end so my view wasn't great.

moses looks a decent player. nothing special but he's got a bit of pace, he's strong and is able to win the ball and keep hold of it. the square ball he played across the six yard box was a sublime piece of awareness and intelligence, only a superhuman block kept that out and moses would have been the architect. sadly he looked fucked for the last half an hour, i think he's lacking in fitness somewhat - i'd imagine he'd have been subbed off were it not for corr's injury.

i thought jerel loooked a little below par today, i only mention it because it's so rare! defensively we were sound but lack the goalscoring ability up front, despite sturrock's effort and work rate he is not a goalscorer and lacks quality.

painfully boring game though!
dell boy

« Reply #155 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:03:55 »

With Zaaboob he could have done many things instead of a stupid effort of a fancy flick when it comes off we can all roar with pleasure, but at that time of the game it was senseless, maybe it wasn't a corner but Zaaboob needs to make better decisions. He could of held the ball up, kicked it into the stand, put it down near the corner flag, but at that stage of the game you dont try anything fancy.

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:05:23 »

i've seen alot of footy and we have a higher proportion of pricks in our crowds imo.
ifil despite not being great was mom imo.
peacock gave his all as usual.
yes it was wank but its a point that we deserved(a win would have flattered us)
agree about blair being in the top 3 today dv.
the other lad was a bit of a donkey on todays showing.
corr and cox upfront with sturrock and paynter as subs is pretty strong imo.
we march on
sonic youth

« Reply #157 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:08:12 »

With Zaaboob he could have done many things instead of a stupid effort of a fancy flick when it comes off we can all roar with pleasure, but at that time of the game it was senseless, maybe it wasn't a corner but Zaaboob needs to make better decisions. He could of held the ball up, kicked it into the stand, put it down near the corner flag, but at that stage of the game you dont try anything fancy.
perhaps i'm being overly cynical but i have to wonder whether people would be so harsh on easton or cox in a similar situation.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:11:05 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
perhaps i'm being overly cynical but i have to wonder whether people would be so harsh on easton or cox in a similar situation.

probably would be, but I dunno if its just perception but losing possesion is a regular occurance with Zaaboub.

How often does Easton lose possesion by doing some fancy flick.....never!
sonic youth

« Reply #159 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:12:38 »

alright, bad example.

would people be so harsh on zaaboub if it wasn't for the fact he's pretty widely disliked amongst town fans?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:13:59 »

Oi likes im :advercool:

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:14:10 »

if he didnt lose possesion time and time again by doing stupid un-needed things he wouldnt be disliked by the fans in the first place.
deltaincline

« Reply #162 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:15:12 »

Quote from: "chalkies_shorts"
I think we've got to put this into context. At the start of the season if you told me we'd be comfortable mid table I'd have snatched your hand off. If you told me the Greek and his friends had fucked off, I'd have been in heaven. Its all change - the mangerial team is all change, a lot of players have changed, off the pitch its all changed.
Yes today was crap but I'd expect a lot of inconsistency while things bed down. The main thing is to get a lot of crap out of the way this season so next season we can really go for it.
I thought Peacock was MOM. While i'm a big Vincent fan, he was crap today. JPM I really don't like - he's a luxury player. We really do miss Easton and a creative partner for him is a real priority. As someone else said Moses is a latter day Onion Bhaji. God was Roberts crap today.
Basically crap today but I still remain really optimisistic about tomorrow.

Chalkie's bang on the money. Despite todays shit performance, at least we got a point against a half decent Cobblers outfit.

When we get Easton back in the middle, Cox up front and some competition for places all over, I think we'll at least end up safe in this division. That for me is fucking progress.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:15:12 »

its not  the fancy flicks themselves, its where and when he does them that is the problem. a bit like a young joe cole

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 00:38:29 »

just to add the non music and slightly quieter drone of the twat on the mike was a plus.shame it probably wont continue
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: