Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: COX has signed  (Read 12863 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 09:36:28 »

Soccerbase is wrong then, Maskell scored more than 10 goals for us, definitely - I think - now I'm not so sure.

As for any clause about not playing Reading, those kind of rules are against FIFA rules, I think you can stipulate that agreement in the same season, as a gentleman's agreement but not long term.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 09:40:44 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Soccerbase is wrong then, Maskell scored more than 10 goals for us, definitely - I think - now I'm not so sure.

As for any clause about not playing Reading, those kind of rules are against FIFA rules, I think you can stipulate that agreement in the same season, as a gentleman's agreement but not long term.

Cheers for that then.  Lets hope the Royals sink and Robins rise and we can play them next year!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 09:59:29 »

Reading Fans Comments:

Swindon must be laughing at our valuation of Cox.
If cox was their player who had scored 9 in 18 or whatever his record, at the young age of 20/21, and we wanted to buy him they would ask in excess of a million pounds. 200k is a steal and i can only hope that we have a hefty sell on clause and first option on him.

According to Swindon sources looks like Cox will sign for £200K tonight.

I am really disappointed by this. I thought that he played superbly in the second half against Spurs. I don't wholly blame Reading for this as the current system gives all power to the players - presumably he has refused to sign an extended contract and we have little choice but to let him go.

I would have thought it would have been much better for him to have signed on with Reading and then continued with his loan to Swindon but he seemed adamant that he wanted to commit to a new club and wanted first team football every week.

This does make a bit of a mockery of the whole Academy system - just as we develop a player with some potential we lose him. I believe he will go on to play in the PL.

Simon don't be a COX and join that team of scumbags !!!!

Your apparently a Reading fan so join swindon Supermarine instead just to wind them up ! They are likely and hopefully going to go bust in the next year anyway. Northamptons much nicer

Boo Swindon, Boo !!!!

Just look what the Red Filth did for Curetons careers, don't do it !!!!!  Soapy Tit Wank

FFS! What is Cox's problem?

Taking too long to adjust to the English game?
Can't speak English?
Injured?
Or is it just that he's not on your list of favourites?Huh??

Jesus H Christ - would he have stood a better chance if he'd changed his name to, oh I don't know ..... John Oster?Huh?

In the 45 mins v Spurs he displayed more skill, enthusiasm and desire than Oster has in his entire RFC career, AND more than Boby Convey has done this season.

I'd have been less pissed off if we'd sold Long or Lita.

Lets face it, If Long went on loan to Swindon and came back with the scoring record Cox had, Coppell would have lost the sight in one eye through over-masterbation.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #78 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 10:02:42 »

You are correct Jan, Maskell scored 26 in 59 games for us in 2 seasons.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fatbury

« Reply #79 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 10:05:17 »

RUN RUN RUN RUN READING!!!
dell boy

« Reply #80 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 10:07:15 »

Quote:
Lets face it, If Long went on loan to Swindon and came back with the scoring record Cox had, Coppell would have lost the sight in one eye through over-masterbation.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 10:44:53 »

Quote from: "jjedmunds"

You are correct Jan, Maskell scored 26 in 59 games for us in 2 seasons.

Thank God for that, I was begining to think my rose tinted 1993 glasses were affecting my memory!!!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 10:54:00 »

PS Lady that Reading reaction post gets the "Jan post of the day" award!!!

Well done - there is no prize just the pride that goes with a JPOTD.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 12:09:01 »

Likely to go bust hey?

News doesn't travel fast there, Cox will score past them next season I'm sure.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 12:38:18 »

PS Lady that Reading reaction post gets the "Jan post of the day" award!!!

Well done - there is no prize just the pride that goes with a JPOTD.

Any opportunity for a giggle!
sonic youth

« Reply #85 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 12:52:59 »

would anyone like to mention to the reading fans that one of our backers is the co-founder and non-exec chairman of betfair, a company worth £15bn?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 15:24:33 »

This is fucking ace, it just doesn't seem right that people think we're cunts for being able to afford higher wages than them  Cool
Barry Scott

« Reply #87 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 15:36:45 »

Can someone PLEASE tell Reading our backers are richer than theirs? Knowing that fills me with pride. I resent those fucking plastic cunts that fill me with envy.
Barry Scott

« Reply #88 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 15:47:19 »

I wonder whether it'd be worthwhile experimenting with coxy and sticking him in central midfield as the attacking mid?

Afterall he can play across the whole of midfiled, he doesn't lack agression or energy and we know he can pass?

We could then have Corr and Paynter up front, as we know Paynter is not a targetman, but prefers to play off one. Just an idea, although perhaps a waste of Cox's abilities.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 15:48:42 »

meh, we did ok with cox upfront. no need to change it

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: