Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: COX has signed  (Read 12868 times)
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 08:18:07 »

Get in!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 08:19:29 »

Cox wouldn't have been able to sign for northampton anyway with out clearance from FIFA as he had already played for two clubs in a season. Maybe that was a sticking point?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DMR

« Reply #62 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 08:26:27 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
Cox wouldn't have been able to sign for northampton anyway with out clearance from FIFA as he had already played for two clubs in a season. Maybe that was a sticking point?

Don't think loans count for that do they?
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #63 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 08:27:39 »

Quote from: "DMR"
Quote from: "Sippo"

Don't think loans count for that do they?

Long term loans do.
fatbury

« Reply #64 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 08:29:08 »

someone earlier said goodbye to Big Billy?Huh?

Well the Cox Paynter partnership was one of the big factors when Cox was here earlier so we might see the best of Billy again now

Oh and well done Mr Fitton ... in appreciation of the event I shall no longer refer to Malpas as Malfoy and change my avatar accordingly!
DMR

« Reply #65 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 08:35:02 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
someone earlier said goodbye to Big Billy?Huh?

Well the Cox Paynter partnership was one of the big factors when Cox was here earlier so we might see the best of Billy again now

Oh and well done Mr Fitton ... in appreciation of the event I shall no longer refer to Malpas as Malfoy and change my avatar accordingly!

I did.

I don't want Paynter to leave but I thought Corr and Cox were splendid over the festive period, and Paynter - who I still think is an excellent signing - has been nothing short of fucking dreadful recently.
kevjoycreed

« Reply #66 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 08:40:09 »

As we now have Cox, Corr, Paynter and Moses, all of which are quality strikers, does that now mean we never have to soil another Swindon shirt by placing it on the back of Sturrock?
Perhaps we could do some work for charity and donate him to our yellow friends down the road, I'm sure he'd fit in well at thier level.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 08:44:58 »

Sturrock has done nothing but work his butt off when given half the chance.  If he doesn't get to play much again then he gets my appreciation for doing his best for us.
DMR

« Reply #68 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 08:45:22 »

Quote from: "kevjoycreed"
As we now have Cox, Corr, Paynter and Moses, all of which are quality strikers, does that now mean we never have to soil another Swindon shirt by placing it on the back of Sturrock?
Perhaps we could do some work for charity and donate him to our yellow friends down the road, I'm sure he'd fit in well at thier level.

Pfffft.

How is Moses quality, he's played less than 2 hours football for us? Sturrocks been the best of a poor performing bunch up front in the last few games.
Barry Scott

« Reply #69 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 08:49:33 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Sturrock has done nothing but work his butt off when given half the chance.  If he doesn't get to play much again then he gets my appreciation for doing his best for us.

Yes I admit to not beig best pleased at being left with him, but he always does his best and has won me back over. You gotta give the lad some credit for the way he dealt with his old man leaving.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 09:13:09 »

Sturrock's ability may not be first class, but in recent times, as others have said, he has done his all to win us around and I for one respect the bloke for that.  

Fair play to Blair, hope he's not frozen out, I don't think MM will do that anyway.
fatbury

« Reply #71 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 09:16:25 »

you need a lot of players to go up ... Sturrock may still be needed at some stage - Corr might not last till the end
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 09:21:18 »

Some Reading fans are furious they let Cox go!  They said if they go down they need him next season and can't understand why they've released him!  I hope theres no kind of clause which means he can't play against them in any competitions.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 09:29:42 »

I'm discovering what it's like to be a proper football fan again.  Instead of camping out on the Management forum discussing due diligence, we're talking about football again and signing players.  Love it.

I hope Simon Cox has as positive an impact as the last (I think) striker we signed from Reading...although I hope he stays longer than Maskell did.  (Soccerbase reckons he only scored 10 goals for us though, which surprised me.)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 09:34:46 »

here here Ardiles
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: