Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luton v Swierndon matchday thread  (Read 30783 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 22:09:55 »

Fucking non-league upstarts!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 22:10:27 »

Everyone loves being over me :nono:

/
W56196272
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 22:11:29 »

seamless mix on BBc Cheesy

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 22:15:00 »

One of the good nights.....youths beating Boro is very impressive.   Winning without Jerel,  equally so.  Happy days  Cheesy
magic8ball

« Reply #364 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 22:15:58 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
One of the good nights.....youths beating Boro is very impressive.   Winning without Jerel,  equally so.  Happy days  Cheesy

Reg in positive post shocker!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 22:25:29 »

not to mention the absence of Easton...

....although the last two games Barnet and Crewe we've apparently (I didnt go to either) played rubbish.

Both games Pook played.

Out the team and we win.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 22:42:17 »

Quote from: "DV"

not to mention the absence of Easton...

....although the last two games Barnet and Crewe we've apparently (I didnt go to either) played rubbish.

Both games Pook played.

Out the team and we win.
Couldn't blame Pook for much at Barnet, we just didn't turn up! Still its 1 win and 2 draws from 3 games without Easton, which is a bit of a relief really
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 22:52:30 »

And lets hear it for Christian Roberts - slagged off by so many for not giving a fuck yet scores the goal (again) that wins he game.  As far as I'm concerned he's always worth his place in the team cos he has that something extra that stands out in this league.  Sure, he may not always be able to come up with it but so often he's the difference and he did it tonight.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 22:55:37 »

Not to mention the fact he's probably our most under-rated player.

Been very good for us this season.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 23:09:01 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Not to mention the fact he's probably our most under-rated player.

Been very good for us this season.

Yeah I agree!
Robbo gives us that extra something that McGovern lacks, i.e. Pace, running at defenders etc, although to be fair to JP, he does deliver some pin point crosses/passes, and works well with the Minge

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 23:21:37 »

Roberts may be a frustration for so many but if he could do it week in week out he wouldn't be playing for Swindon.  Watching Roberts against Leeds he scared the shite out of them - they hadn't got a clue what he was going to do - I'd always have in in the team for the first 60 minutes at least - but I've just drunk half a box wine  Cheesy Brilliant evening on site and now I've got to hit the hay
deltaincline

« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 23:30:48 »

Quote from: "redbullzeye"
Roberts may be a frustration for so many but if he could do it week in week out he wouldn't be playing for Swindon.  Watching Roberts against Leeds he scared the shite out of them - they hadn't got a clue what he was going to do - I'd always have in in the team for the first 60 minutes at least - but I've just drunk half a box wine  Cheesy Brilliant evening on site and now I've got to hit the hay

Pretty much sums Roberts up for me as well. His cocky strutting about does my fucking head in, but he's a fuck of a nightmare for unsuspecting defenders when he's in the mood.

Well done the lads tonight, and to the youth team as well.

I'm hoping Fitton will turn us into a keeping club from now on so that some of the talent that Byrne nurtured will play in our colours at least for a couple of seasons, before moving on to bigger clubs for huge transfer fees.
sonic youth

« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 23:33:44 »

people should employ that logic with zaaboub as well.

i enjoy watching good footballers and roberts is definitely one of them, i'd prefer him in the side over mcgovern anyday.
deltaincline

« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 23:44:45 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

i enjoy watching good footballers and roberts is definitely one of them, i'd prefer him in the side over mcgovern anyday.

Zaaboub is fucking class. How some of our fans have the brass neck to boo him when he fucks up now and then is off the radar.

Difficult to choose between McGovern and Roberts. Roberts is more mobile and tricky, but is a pain in the fucking arse when he's off his game. McGovern is more tenacious and delivers crosses when he gets forward.

I've always thought Roberts would be a superb player if managed correctly. He's got the sort of personality that Ferguson would do well with - loads of talent but a shit attitude laden with demons, which, as someone else already said, is why he's been enigmatic all of his career and wound up playing for us.

McGovern is probably the more consistent of the two, but Roberts is more unpredictable. If I were a defender I'd fucking shit my shorts if Roberts was on form and wanted to take the piss. Fuck that.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 23:54:24 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"
Quote from: "sonic youth"

Zaaboub is fucking class. How some of our fans have the brass neck to boo him when he fucks up now and then is off the radar.

Difficult to choose between McGovern and Roberts. Roberts is more mobile and tricky, but is a pain in the fucking arse when he's off his game. McGovern is more tenacious and delivers crosses when he gets forward.

I've always thought Roberts would be a superb player if managed correctly. He's got the sort of personality that Ferguson would do well with - loads of talent but a shit attitude laden with demons, which, as someone else already said, is why he's been enigmatic all of his career and wound up playing for us.

McGovern is probably the more consistent of the two, but Roberts is more unpredictable. If I were a defender I'd fucking shit my shorts if Roberts was on form and wanted to take the piss. Fuck that.
I wouldn't go that far. I agree that people should see him as they see Roberts because he certainly has the potential to be a great threat in this division. But he has so many bad games and cocks up an aweful lot of situations.

I'm personally glad we have Zaaboub and Roberts though because on their day they can be very dangerous
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: