Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peacock : We need Cox  (Read 1500 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 12:12:39 »

Quote from: "Advertiser"
LEE Peacock believes securing Simon Cox's County Ground return could be the final piece in Town's promotion jigsaw as he relishes the prospect of a glittering array of striking options.

Town's midfielder battled away valiantly in the centre of the park in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Crewe but knows Cox's goal-touch is the key ingredient missing as they look to climb up into the play-off positions.

Despite the presence of strikers Moses Ashikodi, Billy Paynter, Barry Corr and Blair Sturrock in the squad, as well as the likes of Christian Roberts, Jon-Paul McGovern and Anthony McNamee, Town were unable to turn their dominance into chances at Gresty Road.

But, with chairman Andrew Fitton waiting to see whether Town can sign Reading striker Simon Cox permanently before the end of January, Peacock says they are not far away from the finished article.

He said: "We have people like big Baz (Corr) and big Billy (Paynter) and you have to give them the ball in the air.

"Moses has come in and showed his pace and strength.We have got different options and if the fox-in-the-box Coxy comes in we are looking very good.

advertisement"That is probably what we have been missing. Sometimes you need that, his workrate was also different class as well.

"He is the only type of striker we have not got at the moment.

"Maybe we are just lacking that fox-in-the-box though. He is in no way lazy either.

"He would be a very good buy and would put pressure on the lads already here.

"We have already got options for people, not just for coverage like we have had in the past, but to actually pressure people for positions. You have to up your work rate."

Town are now seven league matches unbeaten and, with boss Maurice Malpas still finding his feet, Peacock believes there is still far more to come.

He said: "I think with the way we started it was probably two points lost. You can blame refs all day long but I thought we created enough chances even when we went down to 10 men.

"But we did well going forward. We probably could have had a bit more possession but we defended well.

"We kept a high line and we all worked really hard. Away from home we will take a point.

"I think it was quite a good performance. There were chances. Maybe we over did it at times though.

"We tried to dribble it out sometimes but saying that there are a lot of positives to take out of it.

"We showed good character with 10 men as we kept playing.

"There have been so many games where we have allowed ourselves to be pushed back. We are getting more disciplined now."

Shame it was 0-0. Cracking journalism there.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 12:19:25 »

monkey on the case.
http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26948&highlight=

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 12:20:12 »

Oops
Spud

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 12:22:37 »

Tans, don't fuck with the Monkey.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 13:51:32 »

Peacock should have said the team needs balls and the ability to step up to the plate !
red macca

« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 13:56:38 »

Paynter and corr have both publicly stated that they actually prefer the ball played to feet and don’t like being target men . Lee Peacock states otherwise .

Fuck knows why we  create fuckall
 :-))(
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 14:03:07 »

Peacock can fuck off. concussion my hole.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 14:14:32 »

Still no phonecall/apology/football boots  :-))(

Lets sponsor Moses next year Innit!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 14:22:50 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Paynter and corr have both publicly stated that they actually prefer the ball played to feet and don’t like being target men . Lee Peacock states otherwise .

Fuck knows why we  create fuckall
 :-))(

Cheesy  I'm mystified
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 19:45:32 »

Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"
Still no phonecall/apology/football boots  :-))(

Lets sponsor Moses next year Innit!

Surely you should be offered exec tickets and a meeting with Peacock after the game as a form of compensation for not meeting the player you sponsored - I'm sure you'd enjoy a private meeting JFW  :shock:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: