Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 10482 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 09:22:08 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
You dont get promotd out of this league by shopping in the bagain basement.

We should be competing with Northampton. Its not as if we are up against the likes of Leeds/Forest in the bid is it

Southend did
Colchester did
Scunthorpe did

Obviously spending money helps, but the clubs above prove that it can be done without spending money.

I'll be delighted if we sign Cox, but I'm going to go mental if some of you retards start whining about "lack of ambition" and writing off the new regime already because of missing out on one (admittedly good) player
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 09:37:14 »

If we lose out to northampton that basically shows zero ambition. Northampton are a mid table league one club at best. If we cant compete with them then no way will we make the championship in 3 years

For fuck sake you miserable negative cunt. You weren't happy with Wills, you weren't happy with BEST, you say the new guys have no ambition Just what the fuck pleases you? Who do you want to run the club?  Someone that is going to throw stupid money around so we end up in the shit again?

As Paul D said in another thread, the club as a business is a shambles and it will take a while to turn the club into a business. Why pay over the odds for a player? Whats to say we wont up our bid if Reading say match Northampton and the deals done? FFS For once be positive.

Why don't we all go get razors and slit our wrists?  We are doomed, Under Fitton we are clearly heading for the conference or below... THINK POSITIVE FOR ONCE YOUR PISSING EVERYONE OFF with your negative attitude.  :x
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 09:50:14 »

Roar

Im not to displeased if we dont get him. If its a case of having to spend over the odds to buy him then we'd be best not too anyway. Its going to take something drastic for us to get relegated, so lets just bob along in mid table for the rest of the season, then take stock from there

Things get better but they never get good
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 09:57:31 »

If we lose out to northampton that basically shows zero ambition. Northampton are a mid table league one club at best. If we cant compete with them then no way will we make the championship in 3 years

You're right because:

A) obviously Cox is the only good player in the football league so we should pay over the odds for him and if we don't sign him now it's the end of world as we know it.

B) Also our player's budget is set in stone at the current level - for ever, so it will be exactly the same in 3 years time as now, despite having (probably) paid off our debts and significantly improved our income. So if we don't match Northampton now then we never will.

In other words you're talking bollocks

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
figgis

« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 09:57:49 »

funny thing is promotion for us would be too much for the club to sustain this season as they are clearly not geared up for the championship. we dont have the players to compete at that level yet. i  think if cox had a choice  he wont go to northampton.
lambourn red

« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 10:09:01 »

Fitton is the new Diamindis, he has no money he will be syphoning off all assets and fiddling the books.

DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND CHANGE THE FUCKING RECORD
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 10:20:53 »

Im not an accountant Im a fan.

I dont care about balancing books thats not my job.

I want Simon Cox as a Swindon player,the people  in charge are supposed to have the money to make it happen so...

Make it happen.

We arent talking about a million quid here.

Barts right.

/
W56196272
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 10:22:17 »

True. I agree with Bart and Yeovil.

Thinking in a business sense, Simon Cox will be a saleable asset. In 2 years he will be worth far more than what we paid for him.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 10:50:56 »

Just because the club are not geared up for the Championship now doesn't mean they shouldn't aim for as high a finish as possible. A successful team will improve gates and revenue, and if promotion didn't happen then at least this season will have given us a good foundation for a determined push next season. Cox could be an integral part of that successful team and should be well able to compete in the Championship, especially if he maintained his form, with STFC preferably. Getting him at the right price (which most seem to agree is around £200K, obviously less if possible) would show continued ambition and prudence as well as helping to ensure we still have a challenging club in 3 years.

Whilst the club needs sorting out and converting into a clean, well run business that should not mean that achieving stability stops them from grasping an opportunity so long as it is within reach.

I have every faith in the new board to do the right thing. Even if it doesn't all get done immediately.
Lumps

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 11:43:33 »

Can I just ask....

Do any of you actually have the first fucking idea of what's going on with the Cox bid? Or are you just running with a few assumptions and a rumour of a Northampton fan site?

As far as any of us know the negotiations are still ongoing and until someone else like N'hampton actually sign him I don't see what you're all moaning about.

FWIW I'd be tempted to trust Fitton, who's managed to make himself a multi-million pound fortune from his business dealings, to get us a decent deal on Cox, or to walk away if the price got stupid.

I can only agree with WTRRA. I've got faith in this lot. Could some of you lot try to find some.
Roddy_Radiation

« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 12:27:44 »

It is possibe that Cox may not want to go to Northampton, there is no obligation for him to sign for them even if the clubs agree a fee. I would have thought if it was acceptable to all parties the deal would have been done by now. If Reading do not offer him a new contract he will walk for free in the summer so this may be their last chance to get a fee for him. It could be that he wants to come to Swindon, Fitton is aware of that and has offered a fee that Reading may have to accept if Cox does not want to go elsewhere. If true, a dangerous ploy but could save us a lot of money.
fatbury

« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 12:30:02 »

Im not saying we have to sign Cox but we definately need a top striker who is going to hit 20 goals in a season before the window closes otherwise we arent going up .. simple as ...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 12:47:41 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Im not saying we have to sign Cox but we definately need a top striker who is going to hit 20 goals in a season before the window closes otherwise we arent going up .. simple as ...

we did alright last season without a 20 goal a season striker

Things get better but they never get good
swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 12:57:35 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"

And we were in a league lower. We need a natural goal scorer if we are ever going to get promoted. None of our current players are natural goal scorers.
red macca

« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 13:00:15 »

Quote from: "swindon_chick"
Quote from: "STFC dave"

And we were in a league lower. We need a natural goal scorer if we are ever going to get promoted. None of our current players are natural goal scorers.
As much as i love the opposite sex i would say Barry Corr was
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: