Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 10614 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 08:44:29 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
the way i see it .. if we get him we have a chance

if we dont .. we havent

If we get him we can build our team around scoring goals, if not we will have to build the team around a solid defence and hoping to nick a goal or 2 rather than having a striker that you know if he get's the ball in the right position he will score.

I think if we are outbid by Northampton, then depending by how much we should match that offer as I think Cox will be worth a lot of money in the future as he is going to be a proven goal scorer.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 13:34:47 »

I'd be fucking pissed off if we lost out to Northampton of all teams.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 13:41:31 »

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/New-signing-will-complement-Hubertz.3716333.jp

Sounds very much like Cox hes describing though in this article.  If we lose out to them then its ridiculous. Our future aspirations are far better.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 13:42:42 »

Relax. SSP for 50k  Cheesy
fatbury

« Reply #64 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 13:49:41 »

time is ticking .. 3 days
Stroudred

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 19:32:51 »

With all due respect to Northampton if we can't outbid them then the new board's promise of the championship in 3 years is going to be very difficult to achieve. Class costs money and sooner or later we are going to have to start paying for players to improve the team. Where better to start than with a player who's already proved his worth here.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #66 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 19:40:57 »

Quote from: "Stroudred"
With all due respect to Northampton if we can't outbid them then the new board's promise of the championship in 3 years is going to be very difficult to achieve. Class costs money and sooner or later we are going to have to start paying for players to improve the team. Where better to start than with a player who's already proved his worth here.

The money we spend on Cox + his wages could probably get us a good two or three in the summer on free transfer.

That said, goalscorers are hard to come by.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 19:42:11 »

Quote from: "Stroudred"

But you don't want to be paying over the odd's, just because Fitton & Co are willing to put a bit of money up for t/fer fee's does not mean to say they are going to be paying silly money or more that what a player is worth, in Cox's case as he is proven then we should be looking to pay his market value and doing our best, but I'm sure there is a way of making the fee up with clauses, like sell on fee's, promotion, goals scored etc.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 23:04:33 »

If we lose out to northampton that basically shows zero ambition. Northampton are a mid table league one club at best. If we cant compete with them then no way will we make the championship in 3 years
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 23:11:45 »

Now we've got rid of Almeida and and Arrieta, do our chances of getting Cox improve?
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 23:14:50 »

Lets face facts. If anyone had said three months ago we were even considering bidding for players rather than paying the taxman, the CVA etc., you would have been slaughtered on here.

FFS, Fitton and co may have secured the club's future, but they've made it very clear that they are no Roman Abramovich types.

Yes, I'd be pissed off if we lost out on Cox to Northampton, but if we can't or won't match their offer, then so be it. I guess that's down to Reading FC ultimately, not the player himself.

Survival has been attained, but at a price.....
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 23:18:06 »

You dont get promotd out of this league by shopping in the bagain basement.

We should be competing with Northampton. Its not as if we are up against the likes of Leeds/Forest in the bid is it
Barry Scott

« Reply #72 on: Monday, January 28, 2008, 23:44:16 »

Quote from: "pumbaa"
Lets face facts. If anyone had said three months ago we were even considering bidding for players rather than paying the taxman, the CVA etc., you would have been slaughtered on here.

FFS, Fitton and co may have secured the club's future, but they've made it very clear that they are no Roman Abramovich types.

Yes, I'd be pissed off if we lost out on Cox to Northampton, but if we can't or won't match their offer, then so be it. I guess that's down to Reading FC ultimately, not the player himself.

Survival has been attained, but at a price.....

Well said, to be honest some just won't ever be happy, i'd like Cox and will be pissed off if Northampton got him, but so what, we still have a club and that, ultimately, is what matters imo.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 08:47:40 »

I can see both sides really I think we need to be cautious in our spending as these guys are clearing a mountain of debt and trying to get us running at an even keel again but at the same time I think Fitton is a smart business man so he should see Cox as an investment bring him here for a bargain £200k and 2 years of 20+ goals and he will be worth 2 million.  I'm very hopeful he will realise that and make sure if he comes to League 1 then he's only returning here.  Cool
flammableBen

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 09:19:14 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
You dont get promotd out of this league by shopping in the bagain basement.

We should be competing with Northampton. Its not as if we are up against the likes of Leeds/Forest in the bid is it

Actually I think that's bollocks.

I think it's definitely possible to get out of league one whilst staying sensible financially.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: