Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 10574 times)
dell boy

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:07:55 »

I cant believe we could lose out to Northampton.
I thought we tabled an offer of £200,000 for Cox?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:12:38 »

Fitton confirmed our bid was nowhere near that amount a the sponsors night.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:16:54 »

I think that was conjecture (£200K) at the time on here. IIRC Fitton or Malpas said in a report that we had offered quite a lot less. Time to smell the coffee. Just because it appeared that Cox wanted to come here doesn't mean we would get him at less than his worth to Reading. That worth is the highest bid, and I am guessing that our first offer was considered inadequate. Will we get a chance to increase it? Do they want to increase it?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:19:23 »

Cox is worth 250k of anyone's money

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:20:22 »

I thought Yeovil was joking  :?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:30:34 »

Don't think so. A source told someone I know that Hammond is heavily into bottle banking.

Even if, it still raises the point that to get Cox it looks like an increased offer is needed.
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:36:50 »

200k would be money very well spent and i hope AF does increase his offer.
Stroudred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:56:38 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
Quote from: "Stroudred"
We need Coxy , he's already proved he can get us goals , he works his socks off and fits in well here. We cannot gamble again by getting someone in who may or may not be a good signing , Ashikodi , McNamee ,Kangyuka are all gambles.
It's time for the new owners to walk the walk NOT talk the talk.
They have stated they want championship football in 3 years so they need to get quality and that costs money !!

Or we could spend silly money on players and get into silly debts again couldn't we?

I have heard that this true. Northampton fans seem cetain the player in question is Cox. If they are prepared to pay silly money for him then that is there choice. Cox is a great player as we know but i don't think he's worth more than 200-250k.

I didn't say spend silly money and get into debt I merely pointed out spending money on a player that's proved his worth here already makes sense. I agree with your comment he's worth 200-250K and no more but are we prepared to go that high.?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 12:58:34 »

I thought our new owners had balls!

we need a striker
Simon Cox is a good striker
we want to sign him

Where is the problem, we want something.....go and fucking get it.
lebowski

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 13:05:35 »

you spat your dummy out so far there that it has landed in my back garden.

would you like it back?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 13:06:55 »

It's the Hollywood thing ....
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 13:21:50 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
We need Coxy , he's already proved he can get us goals , he works his socks off and fits in well here. We cannot gamble again by getting someone in who may or may not be a good signing , Ashikodi , McNamee ,Kangyuka are all gambles.
It's time for the new owners to walk the walk NOT talk the talk.
They have stated they want championship football in 3 years so they need to get quality and that costs money !!

Or we could spend silly money on players and get into silly debts again couldn't we?

I have heard that this true. Northampton fans seem cetain the player in question is Cox. If they are prepared to pay silly money for him then that is there choice. Cox is a great player as we know but i don't think he's worth more than 200-250k.

I didn't say spend silly money and get into debt I merely pointed out spending money on a player that's proved his worth here already makes sense. I agree with your comment he's worth 200-250K and no more but are we prepared to go that high.?
The question is do they see £250k as a worthwhile investment? They are probably (quite reasonably) thinking that they could get a decent player for half that amount in the summer, if not on a free. Rushing in and throwing money at the club is what got us into the situation we were in before Christmas.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 13:35:34 »

Not quite ... creeping in and throwing money out of the club etc ...
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 14:36:18 »

Seems ridiculous to be getting anfry that we dopn't push the boat out for a player considering what we've been through, but if ever a player was worth the money, Coxy's it.

But, if we're going to run like a sound business, do we go out and get ANY payers for that money? Probably not - gamble on 3 or 4 and hope one comes good - for less than half the money.

I'll be gutted if he doesn't come here - he'd be a hero and chances are, would make us money.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 14:38:48 »

I possibly think that the reason Ashikodi is starting today is to have a look at him in action for 90 mins and see if he could be the answer to the goal scoring problem, if not then they know the bid for Cox needs to be raised or someone else needs to be signed as well if we miss out
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: