Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 10597 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 22:18:14 »

I bumped into Nicky Hammond at the bottle bank earlier.

He said Cox is going to Northampton,wouldnt say a fee but said its a record for Northampton..

Its true I tell ya

/
W56196272
sonic youth

« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 22:20:45 »

that's scary. i bumped into him in the joke shop, he said the same thing but swore me to secrecy
spacey

« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 22:23:21 »

Gasp! I don't believe it! Nicky Hammond at a bottle bank! He don't give a fuck about the recycling. I've heard the same though, Cox loves the cobblers long time.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 23:51:22 »

Quote from: "Oevil red"
I bumped into Nicky Hammond at the bottle bank earlier.

He said Cox is going to Northampton,wouldnt say a fee but said its a record for Northampton..

Its true I tell ya

The Cobblers record fee is £165,000 so Cox could fit the bill. They have clearly made a big (by their standards) offer for someone, to a club who are in no hurry to reply. Sounds like you could be right .... on the other hand, might be a load of cobblers.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 00:10:36 »

I heard it was a load of cobblers but I actually think Oevil is right
lambourn red

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 10:19:53 »

Could be seeing Cox at the CG next week after all playing for the Cobblers Sad  what sort of reception do you think he will get?
Northern Red

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 10:20:44 »

Booooooooooooooooo
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 10:31:15 »

How serious are swindon on wanting to make the playoffs im sorry apart from cox this season no one has looked like scoring more then 10 goals  i think that tells you something doesn't it.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 10:34:53 »

not that I want to look back and yes, we have moved on, but I personally think we'd have had cox signed by now if sturrock was still here.....just my view on things, thats all....
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 11:02:14 »

Quote from: "newmarket red"
How serious are swindon on wanting to make the playoffs im sorry apart from cox this season no one has looked like scoring more then 10 goals  i think that tells you something doesn't it.

true, but corr's doing ok and lets give moses a chance to see what he can do. I'll be gutted if we don't get cox but he's not the only player out there.

We all said at the start of this season that we wanted to condsolidate our postion in League 1 and then move up from there the following season. We're still in with a shout of the playoffs - we just beat Forest without Cox, even if we didn't put the ball in the back of the net ourselves.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 11:05:58 »

Let's buy Perch and Breckin and then loan them to the opposition each week.
Stroudred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 11:10:01 »

We need Coxy , he's already proved he can get us goals , he works his socks off and fits in well here. We cannot gamble again by getting someone in who may or may not be a good signing , Ashikodi , McNamee ,Kangyuka are all gambles.
It's time for the new owners to walk the walk NOT talk the talk.
They have stated they want championship football in 3 years so they need to get quality and that costs money !!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 11:18:03 »

Quote from: "Stroudred"
We need Coxy , he's already proved he can get us goals , he works his socks off and fits in well here. We cannot gamble again by getting someone in who may or may not be a good signing , Ashikodi , McNamee ,Kangyuka are all gambles.
It's time for the new owners to walk the walk NOT talk the talk.
They have stated they want championship football in 3 years so they need to get quality and that costs money !!

Or we could spend silly money on players and get into silly debts again couldn't we?

I have heard that this true. Northampton fans seem cetain the player in question is Cox. If they are prepared to pay silly money for him then that is there choice. Cox is a great player as we know but i don't think he's worth more than 200-250k.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 11:26:13 »

Anything over £165K would be that record fee for the Cobblers. If AF offered £200K would that top their bid and swing it for us? We'll find out next week I guess, but why don't Reading give permission for Cox to speak to us and the Cobblers? If they have accepted an offer it suggests that we did not offer enough and that could be why Reading played the waiting game.

And I think the general concensus is that £200K is not silly money in this case.
Spud

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 11:40:42 »

Quote from: "wheretherealredsare"
Anything over £165K would be that record fee for the Cobblers. If AF offered £200K would that top their bid and swing it for us? We'll find out next week I guess, but why don't Reading give permission for Cox to speak to us and the Cobblers? If they have accepted an offer it suggests that we did not offer enough and that could be why Reading played the waiting game.

And I think the general concensus is that £200K is not silly money in this case.

Agreed, if spending £200,000 for a player that's going to get us 20 goals a season then it will be money well spent IMO.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: