Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mohamed Joins Torquay with Adams  (Read 3044 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 18:38:09 »

On Torquay Official site

Steve Adams signs a 2 and a half year deal

Kaid Mohamed - 1 month loan

http://www.torquayunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/0,,10445~1225185,00.html
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 18:38:58 »

Only on loan.

{Boo - you edited before I posted!}
sonic youth

« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 18:40:03 »

yes but he's still joined torquay.

2 and a half year deal for a player like adams given his injury record is borderline insane!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 19:03:07 »

good move for mohammed. lets him get some football undr his belt at a goodish standard, as opposed to most of our loaner-out players who end up at supermarine

Things get better but they never get good
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 19:07:55 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
2 and a half year deal for a player like adams given his injury record is borderline insane!

Not even borderline in my book. I reckon Adams thought all his Christmases had come at once :shock:
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 19:10:12 »

I bet Adams had a real life Alan Partridge moment there, when the Torquay chairmand offered him that, maybe he even feigned a heart attack!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 20:18:03 »

Only a months loan  Sad
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 20:24:13 »

Quote from: "DV"
Only a months loan  Sad

If the internet had been around in the days of Alan Mac, you'd have been on moaning about him only going on loan to Torquay for a month.   When he first signed up for STFC he  played mostly at right back and looked completely clueless in midfield.   Going to Torquay for a bit got him some games and experience, and he came back an improved player.

What we know of Mohamed is that he's a bit raw, but has some talent.  He's worth persevering with for a bit longer.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 20:28:02 »

no, he's shit - get rid.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 20:28:29 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Only a months loan  Sad

If the internet had been around in the days of Alan Mac, you'd have been on moaning about him only going on loan to Torquay for a month.   When he first signed up for STFC he  played mostly at right back and looked completely clueless in midfield.   Going to Torquay for a bit got him some games and experience, and he came back an improved player.

What we know of Mohamed is that he's a bit raw, but has some talent.  He's worth persevering with for a bit longer.

Good post Reg.

Everything now has to be immediate, no one is given time, be that players or managers.

Patience, it seems, is no longer a virtue...........................

It's All Good..............
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 20:29:47 »

no, he's shit - get rid.

He's not shit.

How many times have you seen him play in his preferred role?

It's All Good..............
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 20:34:19 »

There could be a possibility that playing in front of a few welshies back in the principalities is a little different to playing in front of 7,000.

There's also a possibility that after playing for a few years up front adjusting to playing out on the wing may take a while.

I'm not saying Kaid will be the next big thing but there is a chance the lad could come through to be a good asset for us.  I hope he does, and a month at Torquay could help him get his confidence up a bit.

Just my take on things.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 21:48:16 »

I agree totally with the comments about everything needing to be instant these days. People judge players and consign them to the bin so quickly it's ridiculous.

Duncan Shearer took quite a while to settle in at the club and he turned out ok I think most people agree.

One of my personal 'unsung heroes' is Tim Parkin who, for me is one of the best defenders we've ever had. Yes he was slow, yes he looked like some one had set fire to his face then tried to put it out with a shovel. BUT - no fucker ever got past him. Again though, it took him a good number of games to get into the swing of things.

Then of course we have Jan Aage Fjortoft. Almost everyone would agree that he is one of our best strikers ever. It is easy to forget though, that having signed for us in the summer of '93, he didn't score his first goal until January '94 - Some 26 games without a goal. We were on the point of loaning him out to Lillestrom when he finally broke his duck and the rest as they say, is history.

There's loads more examples but you get the idea.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 21:57:54 »

Agree OST, remember the home match v Villa when a town player had their goalward bound effort basically cleared off the line by JAF?  That pretty much summed it up at that time.

Give the young lad a chance, if he's crap at Torquay and looks just as pants when he gets back then will be the time to re-evaluate the situation.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 07:31:58 »

Kaid scored twice on Saturday

I come from a land down-under
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: