Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnet v Swindon replay Match Thread  (Read 42018 times)
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:56:09 »

Quote from: "arriba"
dont buy that at all.yes the league is the priority but we could have had a local derby or a shitish prem side.both would have drawn good crowds and been winable.
i'm disapointed we are out

I'm disappointed we couldn't put Barnet out of our misery but at least we're all here arguing the toss about football and not fucking cva's, winding up orders and the like. Amen!
sonic youth

« Reply #541 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:59:07 »

i hope someone is writing up some cliff notes for me

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 00:03:30 »

Quote from: "redbullzeye"
Quote from: "arriba"
dont buy that at all.yes the league is the priority but we could have had a local derby or a shitish prem side.both would have drawn good crowds and been winable.
i'm disapointed we are out

I'm disappointed we couldn't put Barnet out of our misery but at least we're all here arguing the toss about football and not fucking cva's, winding up orders and the like. Amen!

no arguements there dude!
STFCDude2

« Reply #543 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 00:05:47 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

read it, we've all had to!!
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 00:13:03 »

Quote from: "STFCDude2"
Quote from: "sonic youth"

read it, we've all had to!!

If this is a reference to my Cliff Richard annoying bastard song - yes I'm still humming Wired for fucking Sound.....power to the am fm, I am so ecstatic now, it's music I've found and I'm wired for sound..  totally shite I think we need some Billy Joel to purge the TEF - along the lines of ..."we didnt start the fire...
sonic youth

« Reply #545 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 00:17:06 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CliffsNotes
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 00:26:58 »

OK total WHOOOOSH but in my defence I'm totally pissed and listening to "Hearttack and Vine" on the boat.
sonic youth

« Reply #547 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 00:32:31 »

don't drown
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 00:38:33 »

"with a pnt of green chatreuse aint nothing seems right, you get a Sunday paper on a Saturday night. Bye bye baby..... absolutely brilliant
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 00:43:26 »

what a pile of shite. that's my technical write up of todays match.

only interesting thing to note is that there are 2 red lion pubs in Barnet, and if you ask the bar staff in one whether there is another red lion pub they will answer 'no'.

Also, if you phone up Barnet FC for directions they will send you the exact opposite way to the one you want to go.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 01:12:54 »

Quote from: "axs"
what a pile of shite. that's my technical write up of todays match.

only interesting thing to note is that there are 2 red lion pubs in Barnet, and if you ask the bar staff in one whether there is another red lion pub they will answer 'no'.

Also, if you phone up Barnet FC for directions they will send you the exact opposite way to the one you want to go.
Cheesy  I learnt a lot tonight!
- The aforementioned pub scenarios
- The Northern Line is bollocks - took about an hour to get back to Central London
- To expect one of four professional football players to kick a ball into a big white rectangle with just one man for opposition is far too optimistic
- Barnet fans are all under 16, or adults who like to hang around with under 16s. And they all support Spurs.
- Sprained ankles REALLY REALLLY hurt. It took me about 10 minutes to walk the 2 minute walk from the tube to my halls. And some guy laughed at me on the tube. Cunt.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 01:29:13 »

Fucking hell, 37 pages, must be a record for a match day thread!

(Cue sonic to prove me wrong)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 01:31:02 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
What I mean though is that there is no one in our squad who you class as our regular penalty taker. Roberts is the closest and he's eratic at best as I  remember him missing a few last year. When we get a penalty I tend to look away at games as I don't ever feel confident with any of our players.

Confidence my arse. Any professional footballer who is classed as an attacking player should score a penalty or at least get it on target. I'm not sure what was the bigger disgrace - the total fucking embarassment that was the penalties or the fact that we were incapable of putting away 10 men from the division below to get to the stage of discovering that our players just cannot score.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 01:40:44 »

Quote from: "Arnold.J.Rimmer"
From today's adver - "MAURICE Malpas has already decided which players will face the County Ground axe"

no need for them to put the effort in this evening then.

Yes, because he's bound to have played the ones he's decided aren't good enough :roll:
Panda Paws

« Reply #554 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 02:29:03 »

Just got back, got the last train by 3 minutes, thus avoiding a night in victoria station..............what a pile of wank! horrendous performance at times, 1-1 was a fair result. the middle of midfield was non existent, and with easton missing, the minge doesn't overlap JP and we offer nothing down the right, the usual source of good things going forward. Ifil had possibly his worst game this season, and got dominated by a conference striker who barnet bought for 5 grand. Didn't take any of the half chances we were fortunate enough to create, and no proffesional team should be missing four penalties in a row. thank god corr is back, with moses and mcnamee, going forward should be a lot brighter.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: