Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnet v Swindon replay Match Thread  (Read 42012 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:00:08 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
What I mean though is that there is no one in our squad who you class as our regular penalty taker. Roberts is the closest and he's eratic at best as I  remember him missing a few last year. When we get a penalty I tend to look away at games as I don't ever feel confident with any of our players.

Jack Smith hasnt missed a penalty for us....FACT!
glos_robin

« Reply #526 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:02:36 »

Quote from: "DV"
What I mean though is that there is no one in our squad who you class as our regular penalty taker. Roberts is the closest and he's eratic at best as I  remember him missing a few last year. When we get a penalty I tend to look away at games as I don't ever feel confident with any of our players.

Jack Smith hasnt missed a penalty for us....FACT!

And isn't likely to ever get ahead of Minge in the 1st again so won't get many penalties on the bench. Ifil's got a one out of one record from the Brentford shoot out last season..........  Soapy Tit Wank
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:03:48 »

on the flip side, Brez hasnt saved on since his first game!!

boo brez!

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:06:43 »

getting 2 stabs at a lower league club and going out when are meant to be in form is poor.
cant win them all, but should have turned barnet over.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:07:52 »

When Bodin took the penalty against Leicester I was in the back row at Wembley and had my head under the bench looking backwards.  I reckon by next year we'll have a different front line who inspire more confidence
will power

« Reply #530 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:10:25 »

I think its always a confidence thing - i can generally tell when someone is gonna miss a pen from their body language before they take it -  i think it was a dumb arse decision to decide the first pen to be taken by someone struggling for goals who has just scored an og  - annoying thing is that rovers will now cop man u at home - still its done now bring on the crewe
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #531 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:10:53 »

We shouldn't have needed penalties.

It's a blip in an otherwise satisfactory campaign thus far this season.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:25:13 »

Quote from: "will power"
I think its always a confidence thing - i can generally tell when someone is gonna miss a pen from their body language before they take it -  i think it was a dumb arse decision to decide the first pen to be taken by someone struggling for goals who has just scored an og  - annoying thing is that rovers will now cop man u at home - still its done now bring on the crewe

Difficult one as Billy had also just broken his scoring duck so his confidence should be high.  Various accounts say he couldn't get out of the way of the ball for the og but I'll wait for those who were there.
JPC82

« Reply #533 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:27:34 »

the penalty takers were the ones who had the bottle to take them at least, where the fuck was Corr? Peacock? Pook? McGovern? bottling cunts
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:32:17 »

Why do we even care? It's the shitty cup FFS. Let's focus on a play-off push yeah?  Cheesy
JPC82

« Reply #535 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:33:19 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
Why do we even care? It's the shitty cup FFS. Let's focus on a play-off push yeah?  Cheesy

fuck off kitson
sonic youth

« Reply #536 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:33:56 »

thirty pages since i last read this thread.

cliff notes please.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:35:42 »

Quote from: "Im_Mint"
the penalty takers were the ones who had the bottle to take them at least, where the fuck was Corr? Peacock? Pook? McGovern? bottling cunts

Thing is I'm Mint, were they given a choice or did Mo just have a list. Iffy's right, bollox to the cup and on with the league  Cheesy
adje

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:39:54 »

At least my weekend in Nottingham is back on!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 23:43:40 »

dont buy that at all.yes the league is the priority but we could have had a local derby or a shitish prem side.both would have drawn good crowds and been winable.
i'm disapointed we are out
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: