Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hewlett-question for Mr.King  (Read 2790 times)
adje

Ignore
« on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 10:12:49 »

I know its old ground but the more I think about it the more it puzzles me;If you dont consider him to be worth a new contract,why the fuck have you been picking him all season?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 10:18:39 »

why is our best left back on loan at chester? why was turbo frozen out? why did we ever sign lloyd opara?

officially blacker than the night.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 10:21:44 »

Its a Johnny Nash situation-There are more questions than answers!

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 10:21:46 »

With Migz out tbh I don't think he had a choice..

I have a ques - Why play Roberts out wide when clearly his best position is striker?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jim

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 10:32:44 »

Quote from: "decks-e-tow"
why is our best left back on loan at chester? why was turbo frozen out? why did we ever sign lloyd opara?

Nicho is back!
Asher

« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 10:43:44 »

Is he, when? I still think he can do a job at this level
jim

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 11:13:19 »

Quote from: "Asher"
Is he, when? I still think he can do a job at this level

Last game for Chester would have been Saturday.  Went there to get games.  Won 3 Drew 2 Lost 1 - helped ease their relegation fears.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 11:14:59 »

How long will he be back for though? I bet he goes in the summer and I can't blame him.
Asher

« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 11:17:12 »

think he has another year? i think he will play next year with duke in midfield
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 11:17:38 »

Quote from: "adje"
I know its old ground but the more I think about it the more it puzzles me;If you dont consider him to be worth a new contract,why the fuck have you been picking him all season?

I'll try and hazard an answer.....last season we finished 5th, Oolit played 43 games in midfield ergo King thinks he did a good job fotr the team.

So he picks him this season, but maybe because of the Gurney stuff allegedly, his form suffers King knows that for next season he will have to make cuts in his playing staff and rely on some kids coming through....so what does he have... Pook, Caton, Bulman....therefore he releases Oolit, Book and knows Parkin is going...so that's three positions covered.

He also realises he will most likely lose up to 4 others that will need replacing from outside the club..which will take up the budget.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 13:56:37 »

That may well account for his selection at the beginning of the season Reg.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 18, 2005, 17:33:29 »

OK now the rest.....he loses Migs about 9 games in for roughly 4 months, Turbo is not looking like being worthy of a new contract, and so King gives him the option of sorting out a move to Notts County.....which then falls through, leaving him disaffected and not fully fit as seen in the ressies.

Howard is drafted in to CM,  but eventually his form departs in an orgy of pies and lager......through all this Oolit despite a stiff neck, still manages to be largely available and we have no other options, so King picks him.  I'm sure if he'd have got Orr, as planned then Oolit would have played a lot less.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: