Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 10 point plan  (Read 10873 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 21:51:20 »

Making all seats in the stands red or white.

Not making the punters have to que in the rain.

Expanding the/improving the catering facilities

It's just so simple that it really takes the piss out of the previous lot, and it show just how ignorant they where.

I like Andy Fitton, he's my new bestest friend.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 21:52:19 »

Quote from: "axs"
chicken fucking balti pies.

and free the TEF one.

I asked for one yesterday about 5 minuted before kick-off. Sadly they had ran out of them. Can't have many then surely  Sad

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 21:55:50 »

levelling off the tarmac outside the ground wouldn't go a miss.when it rains it like loads of ponds out there.
the pa system is diobolical too.
Frasier3

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 23:38:47 »

Quote from: "ReadingRed"
Seems to me that not having deafening music blaring out till kickoff made for a much better "Matchday Experience" yesterday - anyone else agree?
Or am I getting old?

It always seems wrong that when the fans cheer the team onto the pitch they have to compete with the tannoy. I vote for no music, and a chat with your mates and a bit pre match chanting.

As to rockin robin, I think he has had his day. If we must have pre match "entertainment" then make it worthwhile and vary it.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 23:45:59 »

Seems to me that not having deafening music blaring out till kickoff made for a much better "Matchday Experience" yesterday - anyone else agree?
Or am I getting old?

I don't mind the music; although Republica and "Ready to go" is getting a bit wearing!

What i hate the most is "make some noise for the Swindon boys" just before kick off. Christ that's embarrassing (well i think it is anyway). I make enough noise but it's up to people whether they want to be noisy or quiet; that just pisses me off when he says/shouts that.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 23:52:06 »

its all become repetetive regarding the pre match entertainment.the same old shit blasting out of awful sounding speakers is a pain in the arse.the smaller kids like rockin robin so he should remain imo.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 08:32:59 »

Or am I getting old?

It was a welcome change, I agree, I never understood why clubs seem to think that fans need 'geeing up' to greet their team onto the pitch. At least we're spared (for the time being) some stupid fucking music being played when we score.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 08:43:19 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
Or am I getting old?

I don't mind the music; although Republica and "Ready to go" is getting a bit wearing!

They've been using that since my (admittedly brief) stint on the PA - and that was a decade ago!!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 09:39:45 »

The best pre match entertainment was watching Ben trying to leave the pub, but seeing he really didn't want to. It was like he had some invisible ball and chain on.

Cruel but amusing.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 11:13:13 »

Quote from: "suttonred"

as mentioned previously, the food isn't actually that bad, but we could definitely do with a mustard option, preferably via a proper dispenser (same for ketchup

Do hope you are joking, we have some of the worst food of any ground i've been too
I quite like the food :|

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
land_of_bo

« Reply #55 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 11:27:24 »

Maaaaaaaaaaaake surm noyz for the swindern boyzzzzzz!

I agree, he should go.

RR should stay. Like Arriba said, the kids love it. Last time I toom my nephews they paid more attention to "the chicken" than the game.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 12:05:16 »

Compare & Contrast with the old boards 10 point plan:
1. Try to reduce matchday sponsorship by hacking them all off.
2. Consult with fans on the possibility of sounding a railway hooter at the start of the match &  Consult with fans so we can change the club badge.
3. Alienate the local council, by being complete twats
4. Give away all proceeds form shop & programme sales to general manager.
5. Try to reduce running costs by reducing the fan base.
6. Rip off as many investors as we can.
7. Consult with fans at a fans forum, where we can plant our own supporters in the front row, & bring in our tame cva supervisor to deflect any critism.
8 Reduce VAT bill, by forgetting the VAT &  Reduce the tax bill, by ignoring it & hoping it will dissapear.
9 Dream up some unworkable stadium plans in our head.
10 Do as much financila engineering as possible, so that the bussiness is so complicated that nobody will take us over.

From the Dark Side
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 12:06:39 »

In a nutshell........thats pretty spot on.
Dazzza

« Reply #58 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 12:43:17 »

Chuffed with particularly the Super Store and hopefully that’ll include the shambles that is the online version.  It’s not so much low hanging fruit more over ripe and rolling on the floor.

It’s full of dead links, range and quality of the gear on there is an absolute shocker and simple gubbins like the layout, and images are so dated they manage to capture the ambiance of your run down high Street pound shop.

Years ago I was sent a bloody huge catalogue every season stuffed with merchandise and I’d regularly order  some gear on receipt and I’d usually get a couple of things out of there from the family at Birthdays and Christmas etc.

anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 18:15:04 »

Could not agree more Dazzza about the online shop.My Daughter ordered a away kit Black shirt on 3rd Jan ,received email confiming order,heard no more so phoned on 12th Jan manageress stated shirt out of stock only had a thousand no more coming, should have been emailed she apologised .Went back online ordered the white away shirt ,received confirmation by email, on the 14 th Jan received email stating my order was not avialable in my size but did not give the order number so I did not know whether this was a confirmation of what i was told on the 14 th Jan or  if it referred to my new order ,phoned again to be told it was my new order and the white shirt was not avalable in my size .did not know if they would be anymore coming !. Hence I will be getting a Swindon shirt for my Birthday tomorrow.

ome on you reds
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: