Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: swindon v nottingham forest  (Read 13896 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 17:16:56 »

Quote from: "DV"
yup, all the forest fans seem of the opinion they lost because they played poorly.....nothing to do with making them play poorly because after all, we're just little Swindon  :roll:

Forest lose, the other team doesnt win!

They really are deluded fools. If they lose one game it's Calderwood out but if they win they are going up for certain. Worst set of fans in this league. Even worse than Leeds when it comes to thinking they're big. Because they simply aren't allowed to lose because they are so big  :roll:
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 19:21:46 »

If we can carry on the momentum we've started to pick up from Christmas on, I might allow myself a tiny whisper of optimism about the "Big Ps"
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 19:25:18 »

We have 2 games in hand over most of the teams above us...
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, January 20, 2008, 23:21:39 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Before Clough? - A nothing team that didn't achieve anything and was going nowhere.

After Clough? - See above.

The game wasn't a classic, the conditions were shit, but we wanted it sooo much more than they did and got what we deserved.

Only 4 weeks till we go up there, got a feeling we'll find it more difficult then.....

And Taylor...don't underestimate the importance of Peter Taylor.  Your point stands of course.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
flash

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 01:30:27 »

Johnny Carey didn't do a bad job with them.
Spencer_White

« Reply #140 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 11:27:16 »

Weve been guilty of the exact same thing. When we went 1-0 down away at Accrington everyone was saying, what the fuck is going on, this is so shit. When actually Accrington had played alright and we hadnt got ourselves up for it. Its the XI you put on the pitch that matters, and you have to proove yourself everywhere at every ground. Old Trafford or Moss road.

Forest are a big, famous, prestigious club. And we played them off the park. Some of their criticism of Calderwood does look OTT to me, but apparently they are getting a bit sick of playing crap away.

Anyway, we battered them. Cant wait to get up there and take the 6 points off them. That would truly avenge the 7-1 and let them know we are no mugs.

What a great game. Our players were brilliant. Fantastic.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 12:01:01 »

It still makes me giggle when Zaboub realises the fans were singing his name at one point. He looks startled then applauses  
matty

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 12:09:54 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
It still makes me giggle when Zaboub realises the fans were singing his name at one point. He looks startled then applauses  

Yeah, I noticed that.  I think it was just relief for him though because when he first signed he used to get loads of songs then he got a bit crap and nobody sang anything about him for a while!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 12:11:12 »

I like Zaaboub and I love the song for him, lets hope he continues to play well!
matty

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 12:41:44 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
I like Zaaboub and I love the song for him, lets hope he continues to play well!

Yeah it's a good song, makes a change for us to sing something a bit different rather than all the usual traditional songs!.

I think having a new left winger sat on the bench Saturday certainly gave Zaaboub a kick up the ass as I thought it was his best game for ages!
dell boy

« Reply #145 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 13:44:35 »

I didn't think Zaaboub had that good a game myself, not saying he was awful on Saturday just nothing really to go on about.
When he is good he is very good, when he is bad he is shocking, too inconsistent for me, give the new man a go asap.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #146 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 13:54:50 »

No need to change a winning team. Keep the line up the same.
dell boy

« Reply #147 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 14:13:28 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
No need to change a winning team. Keep the line up the same.

So you wouldnt play Corr instead of Sturrock?
Blair had a good game but is not a natural goalscorer.

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 14:16:51 »

i wouldn't change it either.blair was superb on saturday and desreves to keep his place.zaboob should stay in the team too for now also
dell boy

« Reply #149 on: Monday, January 21, 2008, 14:20:38 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i wouldn't change it either.blair was superb on saturday and desreves to keep his place.zaboob should stay in the team too for now also

Lets hope we dont have to rely on own goals for the next match.

Recently it has been Corr or Cox hitting the back of the net for us.

No one deserves to be dropped from the last game, but that doesn't mean changes can't be made.

Paynter can't buy a goal either at present, he must play Corr and I think he will.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: