Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your chance to be Michael Pook  (Read 9973 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #45 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 06:45:38 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I hope ben is appointed motivational coach.

If I'm appointed motivational coach then I'm going to lay down 1 rule.

That if DV doesn't match the person who drinks the most the night before the game then he doesn't get to play.
McLovin

« Reply #46 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 10:46:55 »

Quote from: "DV"
Quote from: "McLovin"
I'll play!!!

DV will vouch that despite being a fattie, i'm not bad.

You've got 7 months to get in shape!!

Oh yeah... :?

Who's in the squad then?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 10:50:50 »

Quote from: "DV"
I'll play!!!

DV will vouch that despite being a fattie, i'm not bad.

You've got 7 months to get in shape!!

Oh yeah... :?

Who's in the squad then?

Aaron Brown Wink

I come from a land down-under
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 11:17:25 »

I am, and so is my mate Pete who was at Forest Green but now plays Saturday and Sunday league football.. He did play for DV's side. He's going to Australia soon and will be back just in time for it so I think he'll be a bit rusty.

There's two guys from Hull who are both pretty decent. Hopefully we'll have Peter Hilton back as he's a great CB, and a bloke called Bunny who we missed last year. Then there's 4 young guys (even younger than I am) who are OK, one of thems a goalkeeper and can be pretty indecisive. We've got donkey who's name nicely sums him up tbh, a bloke called Mike upfront who's pretty decent and then I don't really remember the rest.

Probably not many you'd know, because i believe very few of our team are actually Swindon fans! We definitely need more players though, particularly in midfield unless the gaffer keeps up his great long ball tactics!!  Wink

It's a good laugh definitely, we've made some good friends with other teams and I know a few of the guys on the Oxford team who are always up for a 'friendly' with us.
land_of_bo

« Reply #49 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 11:24:51 »

Need a right winger?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 11:36:08 »

i want to play, but agreeing to something so far in advance is sadly against my religion.

officially blacker than the night.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 16:49:56 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
Need a right winger?

Probably.  I've just agreed to anyone who said they wanted to play.  I thereofre actually don't really know the make up ofthe squad!

Tails summed things up rather well.  Bunny is a centre midfielder, who works in the RAF, fit as a buitcher's dog.  The young players sometimes need looking after a bit, but with each year they get more experience and stronger.  I think the reason we were so poor last year we that we were missing our two best players, and a lot of our squad were young.  Both those players are back, the young have got bigger and more experienced, and we have a bigger squad thanks to the TEF.

It's seven months away, bit I'm getting quite exited.

Provided everyone who says they can play makes it (including our motivational coach Flammable) we now have 21 (also including Land of Bo), out of a maximum squad of 22.

Off to the pub now for beer and pizza, and then the Leicester Comedy Festival Preview Show.  Provided the game is on tomorrow, I'll be outside the club shop at 1-30pm if anyone is in position to pay me.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 16:54:37 »

Quote from: "strooood"
i want to play, but agreeing to something so far in advance is sadly against my religion.

Well, Stroooody, you'd be most welcome...let me know when you are ready, if we've got space, we'll have you. Wink

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 17:13:15 »

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

Me being one of the younger players it is really tough to walk into games like that but I'm getting older, fitter and stronger now and after two tournaments I'm getting to grips with it. I was part of a pretty shambolic defence last year, although I think our managers random formations didn't really help! With Pete back it'll be much better IMO, as we've got a bit of a leader.

A squad of 22 will be ace (especially compared to our squad of 13 last year). Means players can actually get a rest!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 23:15:04 »

And I'm back as manager Wink

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 23:32:28 »

is strood is in I will drive us both in, just remind me when you wnat the cash etc

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 23:33:02 »

one of my mates who lurks the forum wants to be included as well.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 23:33:14 »

I am, and so is my mate Pete who was at Forest Green but now plays Saturday and Sunday league football.. He did play for DV's side. He's going to Australia soon and will be back just in time for it so I think he'll be a bit rusty.

There's two guys from Hull who are both pretty decent. Hopefully we'll have Peter Hilton back as he's a great CB, and a bloke called Bunny who we missed last year. Then there's 4 young guys (even younger than I am) who are OK, one of thems a goalkeeper and can be pretty indecisive. We've got donkey who's name nicely sums him up tbh, a bloke called Mike upfront who's pretty decent and then I don't really remember the rest.

Probably not many you'd know, because i believe very few of our team are actually Swindon fans! We definitely need more players though, particularly in midfield unless the gaffer keeps up his great long ball tactics!!  Wink

It's a good laugh definitely, we've made some good friends with other teams and I know a few of the guys on the Oxford team who are always up for a 'friendly' with us.

That pete is gay, he turned downa  27 year old women who wanted to teach him things, gay I tell you

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 23:38:31 »

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

Me being one of the younger players it is really tough to walk into games like that but I'm getting older, fitter and stronger now and after two tournaments I'm getting to grips with it. I was part of a pretty shambolic defence last year, although I think our managers random formations didn't really help! With Pete back it'll be much better IMO, as we've got a bit of a leader.

A squad of 22 will be ace (especially compared to our squad of 13 last year). Means players can actually get a rest!

if the games are 15 minutes each way then why the fuck would you need a rest?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, January 19, 2008, 00:08:17 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
is strood is in I will drive us both in, just remind me when you wnat the cash etc

Tomorrow would be good if the game is on Smiley

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: