Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Embargo to be lifted today!  (Read 16315 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 08:05:06 »

EmbarGO! Fitton hoping to end transfer block today as new manager Malpas targets some signings

By Gareth Moorhouse

INCOMING Town chairman Andrew Fitton will attempt to have the club's transfer embargo lifted today as new manager Maurice Malpas looks to add at least two new faces to his resurgent Robins squad.

Fitton will hold a telephone conference with the Football League, after which he hopes the authorities will allow normal trading to resume at the County Ground.

The Ramsbury businessman revealed one player was already poised to join Town on loan, while assistant boss Dave Byrne would like to see "two or three" new faces at the club before the weekend.

Fitton said: "I will hold a telephone conference with the Football League and we'll take it from there.

"The worst case for us, there's a League board meeting on Thursday and I would like to think it would be considered there.

"I would like to think it may not even take that long, but everything needs to be ratified first.

"We have agreed in principal one loan deal already but we have to wait for the embargo to be lifted before we can bring any players in."

Malpas will be officially unveiled as the new Town boss this morning before taking his seat in the dugout for tonight's FA Cup replay at Barnet.

Meanwhile, Fitton confirmed yesterday that the Inland Revenue payment has now been finalised after weeks of tough negotiations.

He said: "We started with our hands behind our back because the reputation of the club was not quite as good as it might have been.

"But once the tax man realised we were serious, proper people he has been very helpful and very polite.

"A document was signed this morning (Monday) and I've now got a piece of paper from the tax man.

"Essentially there is an agreement between us and on Tuesday the money will be paid to the tax man."

Byrne will take charge of the Town team for the final time tonight, with Malpas still keen to assess his squad.

The Swindon number two has been preparing a transfer list for incoming chief Malpas over the last few weeks and is now waiting for the green light from Fitton and the Football League.

Byrne said: "We would like to see two or three new faces at the club by the weekend.

"I have spoken to other players who are keen to come to Swindon Town and everything looks positive.

"But we are in week two of the transfer window now and we need to carry on being proactive."

Byrne confirmed the club have made an offer for former Town loanee Simon Cox, but says reports of a £200,000 bid are "well wide of the mark."

"I spoke to Coxy on Saturday. He has not ruled anything out yet. If he was to move to a League One club, and there are two or three others interested in him, then we would be favourites to get him.

"The £200,000 figure quoted is miles away. It gives a false impression and it is only a fraction of that."

Midfielder Lee Peacock is a doubt for tonight's third round replay at Underhill after picking up a calf strain in the 2-2 draw at Walsall.

Meanwhile, midfielder Franklin Anzite has joined League Two outfit Shrewsbury Town on trial.

The Frenchman joined the Robins in August but has failed to break into the first team, despite a number of impressive performances for the reserves.

7:21am today

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/headlines/display.var.1965007.0.embargo_fitton_hoping_to_end_transfer_block_today_as_new_manager_malpas_targets_some_signings.php
STFC Village

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 08:36:55 »

Meanwhile, Fitton confirmed yesterday that the Inland Revenue payment has now been finalised after weeks of tough negotiations.

He said: "We started with our hands behind our back because the reputation of the club was not quite as good as it might have been.

"But once the tax man realised we were serious, proper people he has been very helpful and very polite.

"A document was signed this morning (Monday) and I've now got a piece of paper from the tax man.

"Essentially there is an agreement between us and on Tuesday the money will be paid to the tax man."
All of it is fantastic news, but especially this bit
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 08:51:33 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"

All of it is fantastic news, but especially this bit

That is excellent news  Beers
mattboyslim

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 08:52:01 »

Andrew Fitton said
we were serious, proper people

Cool
magic8ball

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 08:54:59 »

I can't wait for the 10am news conference!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 08:56:18 »

Will it be live on RS?

I brought my headphones to work especially  Cool
flammableBen

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 08:56:34 »

HAhahahaha EmbarGO that's awesome.
flammableBen

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 08:58:21 »

Isn't  Moorhouse the security dude who hates Fred? What's he doing writing for the adver? He's everywhere! It's a conspiracy. I want Answers! and Justice!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 09:01:04 »

Never been so happy to hear about someone paying their tax bill!
magic8ball

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 09:05:38 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Will it be live on RS?

I brought mine to Uni aswell!

I'm guessing it'll be on RS, if not, Brunel maybe? Or perhaps they'll be playing hits from the 80's.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 09:26:09 »

Quote from: "magic8ball"
Quote from: "STFCLady"
Will it be live on RS?

I brought mine to Uni aswell!

I'm guessing it'll be on RS, if not, Brunel maybe? Or perhaps they'll be playing hits from the 80's.

Said on 9am news will be live at 10 on RS.

Russia is waiting ....
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 09:28:30 »

Im far more excited about this than I should be!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 09:33:56 »

Russia isn't THAT exciting Lady.

(Try not to do a When Sally met Harry as you listen in the office).
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 09:39:33 »

I can get Radio Swindon!

Keep getting pop up box saying general error!

Any ideas?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 09:42:32 »

i dont think you can get radio or tv over the internet at college. i had the same last week when trying to listen to the cup draw

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: